Ottis Gibson: How long will the honeymoon last?

West Indies cricket discussions
Huckle

Unread post

After the WC T20..., etc ? What is a fair time before we rush to judge Gibson coaching abilities, results, etc?
matchstick

Unread post

As long as ottis focus on keeping the guys fit he will do fine...

The team won't suddenly start winning but if we prep better we will definitely keep pushing games closer and closer... We need a fit XI though...

while that is going on he needs to keep reminding the men in charge to keep bench players game ready...

Big year for him T20 WC, SA and SL.
BallOil

Unread post

come on Matchstick.... Gibson is the coach not a PE teacher :)

There has to be accountability or we kidding ourselves. What the fans and board expect from Gibson? At some point we have to draw the line .... What makes Gibson so special over the previous coaches?
matchstick

Unread post

BallOil wrote:come on Matchstick.... Gibson is the coach not a PE teacher :)

There has to be accountability or we kidding ourselves. What the fans and board expect from Gibson? At some point we have to draw the line .... What makes Gibson so special over the previous coaches?

The head coach is the boss man... the leader of the orchestra... He not the PE fella but he is the General who needs to pass the orda...

A sheer win loss metric is not fair for a coach for a team like WI. I did not think it was fair when Dyson was there and I dont think it will be fair for Gibson.

What we do know is that a fully fit WI squad is very competitive. That is a start...
BallOil

Unread post

matchstick wrote:
BallOil wrote:come on Matchstick.... Gibson is the coach not a PE teacher :)

The head coach is the boss man... the leader of the orchestra... He not the PE fella but he is the General who needs to pass the orda...

A sheer win loss metric is not fair for a coach for a team like WI. I did not think it was fair when Dyson was there and I dont think it will be fair for Gibson.

What we do know is that a fully fit WI squad is very competitive. That is a start...
Bossman has to tek responsibility no? :) What do you think would be a better assessment of the coach performance then? only mentally fit.??...what about mentally prepared?