McDermott: Windies missing never-say-die attitude

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

Where’s the fight in West Indies cricket?

Craig McDermott thinks that never-say-die attitude the Caribbean side were once famous for has disappeared from the regional game.
He said Australian pride was instilled in players very early in their careers. That, he said, was not apparent in the West Indies.
’They’ve got to fight for themselves and their mates, and I’m not seeing that in West Indies cricket,’ McDermott said
Could it be because WI is not a country? Maybe the board is not instilling these values... Is it the lack of leadership in the boards?
RumSammy

Unread post

Who is accountable for WI cricket?
mapoui

Unread post

when we were champs first time we were a country, and had just broke up. residual nationalism carried us, prolly all the way through to the second time.

now all dat gorne, the glue dry, crumbling, no nationalist story to keep holding the knit together!

we have to re-unite or find a way within seperation to keep cricket going with all the essential spirit nationalism could breed!

big job dat. it better an' easier to jess re-unite!

attractive site Bally...especially de front page!
BallOil

Unread post

first off...welcome mapoui
Good points... I guess no one wants to be on a losing team...so we are divided. I think we need to re-united as one people again and the chips will fall in line. However, I don't think that is an easy task...

BTW, Thanks for your feedback and glad that you like the front page... 8-)