Happy Birthday: ‘There were giants in the land,’

West Indies cricket discussions
Googley

Unread post

Happy Birthday to the greatest of dem all!!

The Great Muhammad Ali!!

“When I think of him, I think of the verse from scripture, from Genesis, which said, ‘There were giants in the land,’ ” said former heavyweight champion George Foreman, who last week turned 63. “In the Sixties, we had giants in the land, but most of them are gone. The Kennedy brothers, they passed away; Martin Luther King … There is no proof now that there were giants in the land, because they are all dead. Muhammad Ali is the proof that once there were giants in the land.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=k ... _70_011612" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Googley

Unread post

“Getting close to him and getting to know him has been one of the great privileges of my life,” Foreman said. “In my time on this Earth, there have been only a few of these towering figures, and he’s one of them.

“Everyone still wants to be around him. Movie stars get old, and no one recognizes them or wants to take a picture with them. But everyone wants to be around Ali. There’s no more poems and no more Ali Shuffle, but it don’t matter. They love the guy. I love the guy. We all do. He is really and truly ‘The Greatest.’ “
Westdem

Unread post

Happy birthday indeed to the GREATEST of alltime!!!
BallOil

Unread post

Happy Birthday to the one and only!
mikesiva

Unread post

I spent most of yesterday watching replays of Ali's great fights down the years on ESPN against the likes of Foreman, Frazier, Liston and even guys like Cooper and Lyle.
8-)
POINT

Unread post

I have seen some of Mohammed Ali's Fights including the memorable one against Joe Frazier at Madison Garden Live . There has in my opinion no other Fighter as good as Ali . I recall in the days of Howard Cossell , the camera was focused solely on Mohammed's feet . It was absolutely amazing

I went to two other fights he had at Madison Square Garden , including his Sparring Sessions . which were also well attended . During his exile I saw him once on 5th. Avenue during Winter . He was talking to someone , and they were on the opposite side of the Street so I didnt think that it would have been proper for me to go over and speak to him .
howzdat

Unread post

Really lovely post POINT - I enjoyed reading - it triggered my own memories of the Onechristened Cassius Marcellus Clay, Jr; more familiarly known by his cconsciously chosen moniker Muhammad Ali. Dare I say that even the name Cassius Clay has a "Destined for Greatness" ring about it. Truly, an immense human!. Jah Bless.

Thanks again POINT :D
Westdem

Unread post

WOW! Dis man is really de GREATEST...his birthday is almost 4 months long!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BallOil

Unread post

Westdem wrote:WOW! Dis man is really de GREATEST...his birthday is almost 4 months long!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: I was about to say the same thing 8-) Anyways, life is too fragile and we should celebrate everyday eh... :)
Westdem

Unread post

BallOil wrote:
Westdem wrote:WOW! Dis man is really de GREATEST...his birthday is almost 4 months long!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: I was about to say the same thing 8-) Anyways, life is too fragile and we should celebrate everyday eh... :)

JK!!! ;)