NICE TRIBUTES TO THE GREAT SHIV CHANDERPAUL

West Indies cricket discussions
Rush

Unread post

Bally:

Below is a nice tribute to Shiv written by CC poster Master Blaster----please include this somewhere on the shivisgreat.com site---it should be included in Shiv's biography when its written:
TRIBUTE TO THE TIGER By Master Blaster

Stand firm stand tall
Get back up if you fall
In a moment change
As if the gears were rearranged
Moving from zero to sixty+nine
In a performance so sublime

Sometimes battered but never wavering
Sundrenched but always calming
Leading by example
Still standing while others crumble
Not much to say
But mentoring in your own way

Single minded and focused approach
That would bring a smile to any coach
But you threw away the manuals
And set your own standards
Setting off on your journey
Body and mind in Unity

The journey has been long
But the ride has been fun
And now ten thousand miles later
You can finally enjoy the fruits of your labour
Take a bow and for a moment pause
Listen for you have earned all the applause
You fought like a tiger for every run
All the while toiling in the blazing sun

Call it a day
Walk off into the sunset if you may
For you took no prisoners and left it all on the floor
And every bad ball you hit for four
Big up to the Great Shiv
And long may you live!

Master_Blaster ©
Link

Excellent work Master Blaster.

Rush
Last edited by Rush on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krishna

Unread post

what a beautuiful tribute. i thought this man uise to ketch cow not write poetry
Rush

Unread post

COMMENTS FROM YOUNG WEST INDIES BATSMAN DARREN BRAVO:
"Shiv is someone I enjoy batting with each and every time, we have had a few partnerships, we tend to get pretty decent partnerships," said Bravo, who shared a 110-run stand with the veteran.

"When I'm batting with Shiv he's always there encouraging me and telling me to treat the ball on its merits and try to rotate the strike as much as possible. I try to do that as much as possible.

"I think the way he practices, he puts his heart and soul into the way he practices, Shiv's a guy who will bat first at practice and then be the last to leave the nets, so it is something us as young batsmen can look at," Bravo said.

"The way he goes about an innings is special, he plays the ball on its merits and his concentration level is very good. It is just a matter of learning from him as much as possible … very important for us to pick his brain at every opportunity."

“Batting with Shiv when he achieved his 10,000th run was a special feeling and really nice to be out there with him and share the moment," Bravo said.

"We're all happy for him and he's going to go down as one of the best batters for the West Indies so I'm really happy for him."

Link to article

Rush
Rush

Unread post

EXCELLENT SHIV ARTICLE:

BallOil--put this article on shivisgreat site:

THE ETERNAL WATCHFULNESS OF CHANDERPAUL --He waits and waits for the ball, sort of like how he has waited for a team worthy of his contribution By Alex Bowden
Shivnarine Chanderpaul rarely murders one of his enemies, but he can subdue an entire battalion of them. He rocks from side to side like a dancing cockney chimneysweep as he ambles into position for each delivery, and he jabs his bat in front of him like it's a sooty brush to compound the effect. And he middles it.

Then he does it again. And again. And again.

Link to article
Last edited by Rush on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rush

Unread post

COMMENTS FROM AUSTRALIAN COACH MICKEY ARTHUR:

"Shiv's been outstanding all series. He's been quite brilliant really," said Australia's coach Mickey Arthur.

"He's certainly thwarted our bowlers. He's shown why he's got 10,000 runs in Test cricket. Very uncomplicated technique even though it looks very weird on the eye. He's been outstanding - to get him right at the end of the day has just lifted out dressing room hugely."

"I've just seen so much of him and can't help but admire the application and the desire to keep scoring runs. You've got to marvel at that - a fantastic achievement," said Arthur, a former coach of South Africa.

Link to article
Last edited by Rush on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
BallOil

Unread post

Nice....keep em coming Rush, et al...:)
Rush

Unread post

GUYANA PRESIDENT DONALD RAMOTAR PAYS TRIBUTE TO THE TIGER
PRESIDENT Donald Ramotar congratulates Guyanese and West Indian cricketer Shivnarine Chanderpaul on reaching 10 000 runs in Test cricket. In doing so, Chanderpaul has become the first Guyanese, second West Indian and tenth international cricketer to reach that landmark.

The President extends best wishes to the ever dependable batsman on behalf of the Government and people of Guyana and underscores the pride and joy that Chanderpaul has brought to all Guyanese during the eighteen years he has been representing the West Indies at the highest level of the game.

In addition, President Ramotar reiterates the tremendous motivating influence this outstanding Guyanese son has had as a role model on all, including the youth and aspiring cricketers. The President would like to convey the sentiments of pride that he and all Guyanese feel on Chanderpaul’s momentous achievement and looks forward to him playing the game for a long time.

Congratulations on behalf of the government and people of Guyana!
Link: Guyana Chronicle
Last edited by Rush on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rush

Unread post

CHANDERPAUL: TO REACH 10,000 IS SPECIAL FOR ME
Chanderpaul said it was always a dream to reach 10 000 Test runs and he was truly delighted he achieved the goal.

“It felt really, really good to reach this milestone and I am very, very excited,” he said. “I have been batting well and spending a lot of time at the crease and to reach 10 000 Test runs is something special for me.”

“It was one of the goals I set myself and I believe I have reaped the reward for the hard work I put in over the years. I have worked hard over the years and when I go to bat, I know I have a job to do for the team and the people of the West Indies.

“Test cricket is the ultimate form of the game and this is where you want to perform and give of your best. I will keep striving for more.”

Chanderpaul added: “I have received support from many people over the years and I want to thank everyone for their massive support and their belief in me. I just give thanks for all that I have achieved and the fact that I am still around, fit and strong and I can continue to contribute.

“When I started, I came into a team with many big names and I was able to learn from them and build on what they taught me. Now, part of my role in the team is to help the younger players to do well and try to improve their game and become better cricketers for the team.”
Link to article

Rush
Rush

Unread post

MORE PRAISES FROM DARREN BRAVO
"Shiv is someone I enjoy batting with each and every time, we have had a few partnerships, we tend to get pretty decent partnerships(6 century partnerships to date). When I'm batting with Shiv he's always there encouraging me and telling me to treat the ball on its merits and try to rotate the strike as much as possible. I try to do that. Batting with Shiv gives me confidence, we all know he's much more experienced so batting with him is definitely a plus." Darren Bravo
balloil--put that quote on the quote page over at shivisgreat.com

Link to article
Googley

Unread post

wait, No tribute from COACH OPISS??????

the man who denied Shiv the opportunity to reach 10k runs in ODI!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: