Cricket interviews..

West Indies cricket discussions
Huckle

Unread post

After watching most of the interviews in the IPL, I must say that the Asian players, more so Indians and Sri Lankans speak English fluently as their second or third language. I would go further and say that they speak better than their West Indians counterparts who only speak English. Why is this ?
BallOil

Unread post

Why you don't stop watching peeps talk and play some cricket eh? :) Good observation I see that too...but doh have an answer yet. I'll think it thru and let you know..
mikesiva

Unread post

There are some Indian players who don't speak English well, and I think the interviewers make certain not to interview them....

Also, quite a few Pakistani players don't speak English well.

With regards to Sri Lankans, my father's from that country, and he grew up speaking English better than his native Tamil. English was taught in school, and that's the language he used when talking with his brother and sisters. He only used Tamil when talking to his parents.
Huckle

Unread post

you have to admit that the local language is still their first and English is the second. Do you think the quality of the education has something to do with it?
mikesiva

Unread post

Huckle wrote:you have to admit that the local language is still their first and English is the second. Do you think the quality of the education has something to do with it?
Yeah, probably....
matchstick

Unread post

Huckle wrote:Why is this ?
Excellent call center training? :lol:
Huckle

Unread post

matchstick wrote:
call center training for cricketers? :) Then lets get training for WI players too :lol:
matchstick

Unread post

Huckle wrote:
matchstick wrote:
call center training for cricketers? :) Then lets get training for WI players too :lol:
Digicel is dutch... maybe they working on their dutch... :)