Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again.

West Indies cricket discussions
howzdat

Unread post

0.6 Faulkner to Gayle, 3 runs, full and driven through mid off
0.5 Faulkner to Gayle, no run, ducked under the bouncer
0.4 Faulkner to Gayle, FOUR, flicked past short fine leg
0.3 Faulkner to Gayle, no run, defended back to the bowler
0.2 Faulkner to Gayle, no run
0.1 Faulkner to Gayle, no run, back of a length outside and left alone
1.6 Bird to Gayle, SIX, he goes deep this time, advancing down the wicket and clearing his front foot out, getting it over the site screen for six
1.5 Bird to Gayle, no run, back of a length outside off, tries to drive but can't connect
1.4 Bird to Gayle, no run, mistimes the pull shot to fine leg
1.3 Bird to Gayle, no run, full inswinger, defended to mid on
1.2 Bird to Gayle, no run, full outside off, left alone
1.1 Bird to Gayle, 2 runs, full on leg, flicked through fine leg
3.6 Hastings to Gayle, 1 run, full and driven to long on
3.5 Hastings to Gayle, SIX, full slower ball and Gayle advances down the wicket and punishes it over mid wicket, what a shot
3.4 Hastings to Gayle, FOUR, width outside off and he goes bang through point, a bit more orthodox this time
3.3 Hastings to Gayle, FOUR, short on off, backs away and guides down to third man
3.2 Hastings to Gayle, no run, short and pulled to short fine leg
3.1 Hastings to Gayle, FOUR, length ball on off, backs away and clobbers it through mid off
4.1 Mascarenhas to Gayle, 1 run, dropped, sends that sky high and White gets back, looks comfortable under it
but it drops on him and he misses it altogether
4.2 Mascarenhas to Prior, 1 run, worked to square leg
4.3 Mascarenhas to Gayle, no run, backs away and smashes it to mid off
4.4 Mascarenhas to Gayle, SIX, length on off and he gets all of this, almost effortlessly, over long off
4.5 Mascarenhas to Gayle, no run, good yorker, dug out to the bowler
4.6 Mascarenhas to Gayle, FOUR, full outside off, throws the kitchen sink at it and gets a big edge over first slips head
5.1 McKay to Prior, 1 run, length outside off, guided to third man
5.2 McKay to Gayle, FOUR, short on middle, rocks back and smashes through mid wicket, beating the man on the rope, who only needed to make up about 5 metres
5.3 McKay to Gayle, 1 run, pulls to deep mid wicket to bring up the fastest 50 of the summer
5.4 McKay to Prior, no run, length on off, beats the edge as he tries to guide to third man
5.5 McKay to Prior, no run, defended to gully
5.6 McKay to Prior, 1 run, full on off, mistimes the drive just over mid off and Hussey can't quite reach

Chris Gayle (lhb) 50 runs off 25 balls with 6 fours and 3 sixes at a strike rate of 200.00

7.1 McKay to Gayle, no run, worked to short fine leg
7.2 McKay to Gayle, 1 run, slower ball defended to the leg side
7.4 McKay to Gayle, 1 run, worked to square leg
8.4 Faulkner to Gayle, no run, defends back to the bowler
8.5 Faulkner to Gayle, no run, slower ball flicked to mid wicket
8.6 Faulkner to Gayle, no run, sways out of the way of a good bumper
9.3 McKay to Gayle, 1 run, slower ball, defends to mid wicket
9.6 McKay to Gayle, 1 run, slower ball, thick outside edge along the ground through gully
10.1 Hastings to Gayle, 1 leg bye, short on leg, hits the thigh pad through to short fine leg
10.3 Hastings to Gayle, no run, short slower ball, backs away and then leaves it
10.4 Hastings to Gayle, no run, another good short slower ball, leaves it alone
10.5 Hastings to Gayle, 2 runs, smashes it with a flat bat straight back down the ground, direct hit but Khawaja is just home
10.6 Hastings to Gayle, 1 run, punches to long off
11.1 Bird to Gayle, 1 run, short on leg, pulled through square leg
11.4 Bird to Gayle, SIX, short on off and he crushes this over mid wicket, that is huge!
11.5 Bird to Gayle, no run, short slower ball and he goes after it again, can't connect this time
11.6 Bird to Gayle, 1 run, mistimes the pull shot to short fine leg
12.1 Mascarenhas to Gayle, OUT, full on leg and he flicks high and deep to mid wicket, Maxwell fumbles it back into his stomach, but he holds on

CH Gayle c Maxwell b Mascarenhas 65 (43b 6x4 4x6) SR: 151.16
That is a huge wicket and the momentum in this match may have just swung
And so indeed it proved to be as the Sydney Thunder innings ended for 132 all out in 19.4 overs. For his exploits today, amongst which he can count having scored the fastest 50 in the competition, Chris fully deserves the wooden spoon dat de Thunder end up with.

Lastly, in the style of James Alexander Gordon.
Chris Gayle lived it up large; Sydney Thunder went winless
That's all folks. Oh, for the record ball-by-ball lifted from http://www.cricinfo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, just so as to try offest any gripes they may have over copyright. :roll: :roll:
BallOil

Unread post

Howzat? Looks like your party is over mate.. :lol: :lol: . what do you think about the match winning inning by the Gayleforce eh? Earned him the MOM award too :)
howzdat

Unread post

BallOil wrote:Howzat? Looks like your party is over mate.. :lol: :lol: . what do you think about the match winning inning by the Gayleforce eh? Earned him the MOM award too :)
BallOil, I have to inform you dat my party dem does nevah done as long as i on the patch ... i mean decks!

Now, just for your listening (pleasure??) and to show dat i do give fair regard to a noteworthy performance by any cricketer, including Chris Gayle's MOM of the match award (it can be argued over whether it was a MOM performance)today, here is a tribute: Chris Gayle, living it up, scored something today.

Oh, Bally, in the interests of accuracy would you consider correcting the match result in the following:
BallOil wrote:Howzdat? Looks like your party is over mate.. :lol: :lol: . what do you think about the match winning inning by the Gayleforce eh? Earned him the MOM award too :)
Meanwhile, Chris Gayle lived it up large; Sydney Thunder went winless.
BallOil

Unread post

stand to corrected ...howzdat? :) Wow, you not making anything slide eh? :)

Carry on with your party but I hear New Zealand clubs fighting for Gayle now
howzdat

Unread post

BallOil wrote:stand to corrected ...howzdat? :) Wow, you not making anything slide eh? :)
Carry on with your party but I hear New Zealand clubs fighting for Gayle now
Hey, BallOil, I just joshing yuh :) feel no fret. I was really concerned that we recorded the fact the Gayle's team lost despite him upping his game today.

Now, as for rumours that any New Zealand clubs fighting for Gayle, what can i say, pardna? ... Oh, i know, if true I hope his 'bad patch' aint gonna get some sheep sh1t, i mean manure, in the mix. On second thoughts, a New Zealand sheepy sh1t mound would be ideal patch for my vegetables to grow in!

So Chris, just in case BallOil right AND dat bad patch tun into a sheepy sh1t mound, please remembah seh dat is howzdat who put in de fus order for some of dat manure! Ah gon be watching and posting!

I have been informed that any talk of New Zealand hosting a T20 competition called the MML, Mutton Manure League , is absolutely false. In the unlikely event dat such a thing does happen ....
Last edited by howzdat on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikesiva

Unread post

:lol:
Very good, howzdat....

let's look at how our three West Indian batsmen performed in the BBL:

Pollard - 138 runs
Gayle - 137 runs
Samuels - 73 runs

Not a good tournament for all our guys with the bat....
BallOil

Unread post

LOL No fret, it's all good...:) Gayleforce found his mojo back ...tie down your party tent.

Looks like the NZ thingy falls through..
A ''distinct possibility'' became a no show yesterday as Central Districts' cricket bosses revealed West Indies opener Chris Gayle would not be coming to play. Speculation had been rife that Gayle, who is currently playing in the Big Bash series in
howzdat

Unread post

mikesiva wrote::lol:
Very good, howzdat....
Pollard - 138 runs
Gayle - 137 runs
Samuels - 73 runs
Nope! Samuels to be rested? Though West Indies only playing mickey mouse cricket this year, Samuels is gonna be a key player in all aspects of the game. Those performances would not have dented their market value too much but would have been good if the region's local fans could have seen them playing.
BallOil

Unread post

mikesiva wrote::lol:
Very good, howzdat....

Pollard - 138 runs
Gayle - 137 runs
Samuels - 73 runs

what about the ball Mike?
howzdat

Unread post

BallOil wrote:LOL No fret, it's all good...:) Gayleforce found his mojo back ...tie down your party tent.

Looks like the NZ thingy falls through..
A ''distinct possibility'' became a no show yesterday as Central Districts' cricket bosses revealed West Indies opener Chris Gayle would not be coming to play. Speculation had been rife that Gayle, who is currently playing in the Big Bash series in
Central Districts have quashed reports West Indies batting star Chris Gayle will be brought...

What a pity cos Gayle, Stags, Mutton Manure League am sure would all have proven fertile material for my crazy mind. Ah well.