Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again.

West Indies cricket discussions
mikesiva

Unread post

AFRO wrote:
mikesiva wrote:Powell in Tests in 2012, nine Tests, average 36.68.

Gayle still has the best batting average for Test openers in 2012....

On these stats, Gayle still deserves to open the batting in Tests against Zimbabwe. After that, well...we'll see.
RUBBISH!!.. he scored a ton and 50 in one test AND THEN FAILED IN THE OTHER THREE!!.. meanwhile Powell only opened against England, NZ and Bang, where he got THREE TONS, so how the feck you can claim Gayle was better is beyond me!! :lol: :lol: :lol: .

He's failed in his last THREE TESTS, FACT!!.. so he doesn't "deserve" anything you biased, english dunce!! 8-) .
Unlike you, I don't cherry-pick Tests to try and manufacture a stat to back up your negative arguments against West Indies players that you dislike....

I'm judging all openers on ALL of the Tests they played in 2012. And the fact is that in 2012, Gayle had the best Test average, followed by Powell, and then the WETTs.

We'll see which one of our arguments the selectors follow....
8-)
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote: Unlike you, I don't cherry-pick Tests to try and manufacture a stat to back up your negative arguments against West Indies players that you dislike....

I'm judging all openers on ALL of the Tests they played in 2012. And the fact is that in 2012, Gayle had the best Test average, followed by Powell, and then the WETTs.

We'll see which one of our arguments the selectors follow....
8-)
Again..LIE, Powell never opened against Australia, so you can mark that off right there, furthermore if you want to be fair why don't we compare the stats of WHEN THEY BOTH BATTED TOGETHER? :? OOPS MR ENGLAND DOESN'T WANNA GO THERE NOW DOES HE? :lol: :lol: :lol:

In closing i don't trust a word you are saying after you LIED about Rawl Lewis so i'm calling on you to provide some EVIDENCE to back up your claims, seeing as you're so confident i'm sure you shouldn't have any problems old boy!! 8-) .
mikesiva

Unread post

It doesn't matter where Powell batted, but since he's been considered as an opener, his batting performances throughout the year are being considered. Again, I'm assessing the openers on ALL of the Tests they played in 2012...I'm not cherry-picking.

Quite frankly, based on those stats, the opening partnership in the two Test vs Zimbabwe should be Gayle and Powell. That said, Powell is in form, and even if he has an average performance in March, he should still be in the Test side for Pakistan in the summer.

Gayle is a different case...he's been in poor form in recent times, and will need some good scores against Zimbabwe to be sure of a Test place against the Pakistanis....

If you don't believe the stats, look them up on cricinfo. Or are you saying you're too illiterate to try?
8-)
Try this....

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... e=allround" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... e=allround" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Surely, I don't need to provide stats for the WETTs. Their disastrous performances speak for themselves...you can always consult cricinfo for confirmation.
AFRO

Unread post

BWAHAHAHAHAHA just like i thought!!.. mr england was trying to include tests where POWELL DID NOT OPEN!!..what a BIASED PR/CK!! :lol: :lol: :lol: , but why should i be surprised? he'll try ANYTHING to defend the WUS, even when they've just had ONE OF THE WORST SERIES PERFORMANCES IN LIVING MEMORY!! :D ,

The fact that Barath scored more runs in England than Gayle did in Bang SPEAKS VOLUMES!! :lol: :lol: :lol: .
BallOil

Unread post

Talk nah! follow the carnage here
:lol: :lol: :lol:
3.4 Chigumbura to Gayle, 1 run, length delivery on middle and leg, flicks to onside for a single

3.3 Chigumbura to Gayle, FOUR, short of length delivery outside off and Gayle just stand and delivered between covers and point

3.2 Chigumbura to Gayle, no run, back of length delivery, plays from his crease to point

3.1 Chigumbura to Gayle, SIX, over pitched delivery, outside off, Gayle hits it straight down the ground
mikesiva

Unread post

BallOil wrote:Talk nah! follow the carnage here
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
His century comes up off just 46 balls, with five boundaries and 10 sixes....

Dhaka are very happy Gayle's playing for them, even if some WI fans are dying to see him dropped!
:mrgreen:
BallOil

Unread post

damn Mike,...licks like peas ...114 from 50 balls :)
mikesiva

Unread post

AFRO wrote:BWAHAHAHAHAHA just like i thought!!.. mr england was trying to include tests where POWELL DID NOT OPEN!!..what a BIASED PR/CK!! :lol: :lol: :lol: , but why should i be surprised? he'll try ANYTHING to defend the WUS, even when they've just had ONE OF THE WORST SERIES PERFORMANCES IN LIVING MEMORY!! :D ,

The fact that Barath scored more runs in England than Gayle did in Bang SPEAKS VOLUMES!! :lol: :lol: :lol: .
I've made my position clear....I'm judging all five players on ALL the Tests they played in 2012, and determining their average accordingly, and based on that, Gayle deserves to stay in the Test side....
8-)
Negative skunts like you would like to see Gayle replaced, even after an innings like that today, because you don't want the Windies to progress....
And you're talking about Barath over Gayle!
:lol: :lol:
howzdat

Unread post

18.2 Mohammad Nabi to Gayle, OUT, short delivery on middle and leg, he pulls but can't clear the man at deep square, finally some relief for the bowler's but already done his job

CH Gayle c Sohag Gazi b Mohammad Nabi 114 (90m 51b 5x4 12x6) SR: 223.52
For the record Dhaka Gladiators, for whom Gayle plays 197/9 (20/20 ov) won the match by 4 runs. Ouch!
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote: I've made my position clear....I'm judging all five players on ALL the Tests they played in 2012, and determining their average accordingly, and based on that, Gayle deserves to stay in the Test side....
8-)
LOL what a deluded PR/CK!! :lol: :lol: , how can you "judge" players from all tests when the likes of Powell had to face BETTER SIDES while Fayle was on a t20 tour? and then when he came back he faced nothing but MINNOWS and still FAILED!! :roll: , Gayle don't deserve anything, he's stunk up the place in around 30 innings in a row, but because you're a biased idiot you wanna try and blinde people with your LIES!!.

Negative skunts like you would like to see Gayle replaced, even after an innings like that today, because you don't want the Windies to progress....
And you're talking about Barath over Gayle!
:lol: :lol:
LOL at this fool trying to steal my phrases again!! :lol: :lol: , furthermore is this english d/ckhead using A KNOCK IN THE LITTLE BANGLADESH CIRCUS SHOW to justify his poor returns at INTERNATIONAL LEVEL? :shock: BWAHAHAHAHAHAH lord i've heard it all now!! :D , and yes duncy i'd play Barath, you know the same yute who scored more runs IN ENGLAND than Fayle did in bang!! 8-) .