Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again.

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

LOL...CG living in the penthouse and have a driver....for how long we don't know. Looks like upper class. :)

Keep doing what you are doing though, praying is good. ..

maybe, Chris should come home and beat up on the CT20 bowlers to find his mojo back.. :)
howzdat

Unread post

For the record: Syd Thunder played 7 games; won 0 games; lost 7 games; tied 0 games, had 0 games endig in no result , scored 0 points. CH Gayle played 6 games; batted 6 times; was not out 0 times; scored 72 total runs with a top score of 28; averaging 12.00.

What a whimper of a series that was for
“the most outstanding T20 batsmen in the world“
Gayle came, he swiped, took home loadz ah money but didn't conquer!

So here ends my contribution to observations on the great game under the sub-heading:
Chris Gayle, lived-it-up large, scored nothing ... again.
Did he eat any KFC?
Last edited by howzdat on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BallOil

Unread post

LOL, is not Gayle alone playing bro...what bout the rest? :)

Super star Gayle is having a poor series... It happens to the best, he is human after all. :)

But CG is an all-rounder so what bout his bowling contributions..?
howzdat

Unread post

BallOil wrote:LOL, is not Gayle alone playing bro...what bout the rest? :)
Super star Gayle is having a poor series... It happens to the best, he is human after all. :)
But CG is an all-rounder so what bout his bowling contributions..?
Now, now BallOil, nah badder come 'roud yah so and try mash up my party! Dis topic entitled: Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again. I was focussing on his contributions with the bat! Yuh tink seh dat he going home with all that un-earned corn because de Sydney Thunder needed a demon off-spinner and so plucked Chris Gayle's name out of the hat? Pull the other one, pardna! Talking of the future, I wonder if Somerset teking note?! :P :P :P

Howzdat, the clumsy headline writer:
New South Wales were looking forward to a Gayleforce showing, instead they see'd nay Thunder at all from him.
(Just about works if you say it with a Scottish accent)
Last edited by howzdat on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BallOil

Unread post

I hear what you are saying that Gayle is a batsman but just making sure you cover all the bases while you at it. :lol:

Carry on with your party but watch the tent before a big gayleforce six come mash it up :lol: :lol:

Somerset licking em lips for CG already? :)
howzdat

Unread post

BallOil wrote:I hear what you are saying that Gayle is a batsman but just making sure you cover all the bases while you at it. :lol: Carry on with your party but watch the tent before a big gayleforce six come mash it up :lol: :lol: Somerset licking em lips for CG already? :)
Meh late Granny used to seh, "not all skin teeth is laugh!" For all he contributed, Gayle can spend the next couple of days in one of dem cabbage patches looking to find his form. Somerset licking dem lips either cos of de lucky escape deh had last year or maye dey is just done eating some of that finger lickin good fastfood. Yuck!

I and I no come to eat flesh and blood but Ital veggie dishes served in spiritually conscious places, ay, ay :D :D :D . Lawd ah better stop before ah end up RAOTHLMAO.

That's all for now folks, catch you later
Last edited by howzdat on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BallOil

Unread post

:lol: :lol: you are on a roll mate... enjoy yuh party :D
howzdat

Unread post

Big Bash League, Melbourne Stars v Sydney Thunder at Melbourne, Jan 8, 2013
2.4 from Nannes, back of a length, pushes it down to cover and they take a very risky single, Gayle charges in and hits from short range but with just one stump to hit, great run out 17/1
All things being equal looks like Melbourne are gonna put something of a score on the board for the Thunder to chase. Game on!
howzdat

Unread post

19.6 Gayle to Faulkner, 2 runs, full and driven to long off

19.5 Gayle to Mascarenhas, OUT, gets under this one but doesn't get quite enough as he puts it down long on's throat, who almost dropped it!

AD Mascarenhas c Khawaja b Gayle 1 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR: 50.00

19.4 Gayle to Faulkner, 1 run, pulled through mid wicket, another quicker ball

19.3 Gayle to Mascarenhas, 1 run, yorker dug out to long on

19.2 Gayle to Hastings, OUT, quicker ball goes straight through him as he tries to send it back over long on

JW Hastings b Gayle 4 (8b 0x4 0x6) SR: 50.00

19.1 Gayle to Faulkner, 1 run, darted in and flicked to deep mid wicket
Well done Gayle. 1 over, 5 runs, 2 wickets.

Sydney Thunder need 146 to win.
howzdat

Unread post

According to cricinfo: Well the Thunder have done brilliantly well to restrict the Stars, conceding just 18 off the final four overs. Gayle will be desperate to put an ordinary Big Bash behind him with a big score tonight...