Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again.

West Indies cricket discussions
howzdat

Unread post

Indian Premier League, 11th match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Delhi Daredevils at Bangalore, Apr 17, 2016
0.3 duck it is! Superb effort from Duminy at first slip, diving to his left and cushioning the ball with both hands. Teasing outswinger from Zak again, bringing Gayle forward. He doesn't quite move his feet a lot, you know. Pushed at the ball with an open face, gets a healthy nick and that cordon was well packed for it 0/1
I know, i know is me one :P :P :P but is alright because this topic is all about the various ways that Chris Gayle does live it large and .... score duck :!: :!:

And if you are a glutton for punishment Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again.
howzdat

Unread post

Howdy,

Given the record breaking exploits of the personality whom this here topic is in 'awe of' :D :D, it would be remiss of I, as instigator and chief-commentator, to fail to acknowledge the much trumpeted announcement that there was a lady, Natasha Berridge, with child all these 9 months or so.

If there be more fitting words to convey my joy at reading the announcement then somebony else will have to deliver them! cos all i got to report is that according to Instagram (Trademark acknowledged): Baby Blush: Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring, scoring!

Hip, hip, hip Hooray the champagne pon me tonight!... so don't blush now babe :P because you hafi know that as a world renowned T20 openher I been waiting for the chance to get up close and personal with you pon the mike.

Finally, a chick well & truly 'get born'!:

:roll: :roll: PS: By the time this here topic is grown up it too will have 4,243,056 views but for now is only 25813! Long ago i tell allyuh datz how you more crazy than me :P :P

So there you have it, Baby Blush: Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring, scoring!

Regardlessly Yours Truly Deeply Mad,

datzhow
howzdat

Unread post

Indian Premier League, 30th match: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Kolkata Knight Riders at Bangalore, May 2, 2016
0.3 Russell to Gayle, no run, ooh, nice delivery. Full and swinging back in to middle at 140 kph. Ended up too full - a full toss - which was clipped to mid-on
0.4 Russell to Gayle, no run, beauty. Bangs it in on a good length but shapes this one away. Gayle is convincingly beaten
0.5 Russell to Gayle, no run, 138 kph. Russell generating good pace, and hitting good lines. On a good length and defended
0.6 Russell to Gayle, 1 run, slightly leg side-ish on a shortish length. Gayle works it away towards midwicket to retain strike
1.1 Morkel to Gayle, no run, lovely start. 133 kph, on a back of length, more by default because of his height. Nagging away on off and Gayle blocks with his wide bat
1.2 Morkel to Gayle, SIX, Gayle gets going. Races down the pitch, gets a delivery in his half. because of his shimmy, he made some room for himself and then just clobbered the muscular loft straight over the bowler. big six
1.3 Morkel to Gayle, OUT, six and out. Gayle goes. Big big wicket. Wonderful comeback for Morne. Goes back to his trusted length, the shortish length, on off. Gayle looks to pull, but fails to connect with it. the ball hustles off the pitch and hits the splice of the bat. Lobs straight up. Uthappa waves all other fielders off, and completes the easy take

CH Gayle c †Uthappa b Morkel 7 (7b 0x4 1x6) SR: 100.00. Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing again!
AFRO

Unread post

Same old ting Howzdat!!..six then GAWN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I been saying it for time now!!!..mike's husband DONE!! :D .
howzdat

Unread post

And eventually... RCB 185/7 (20/20 ov)
Kolkata Knight Riders 186/5 (18.6/20 ov)

So Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring 7 in a loss for RCB
howzdat

Unread post

Gayle BBL controversy 'a bit of a beat-up' - Saker

Courtesy cricinfo May 4, 2016:
Chris Gayle could yet return to the Melbourne Renegades next summer, after the team's coach David Saker described the controversy surrounding his sideline interview with broadcaster Mel McLaughlin as "a bit of a beat-up".

Gayle sparked outrage in January when he used a mid-match interview to ask McLaughlin out and told her "don't blush, baby", which Cricket Australia CEO James Sutherland at the time described as "borderline harassment". The Melbourne Renegades fined Gayle $10,000 but stopped short of suspending him over the incident.

Sutherland said last month that Cricket Australia was unlikely to ban clubs from signing Gayle for next summer's BBL, although it still appeared unlikely he would return to the competition in any case. Saker said that while Gayle's conduct was wrong, it would not be cause not to sign him again if the Renegades decided he would help their chances of winning the title.

"That doesn't enter my mind," Saker told the Age. "I just pick a squad of players. If the hierarchies or people in higher positions than myself come down on that, they do. All I try to do is pick a squad to win.

"We know it was the wrong thing to do and he probably identified that quite quickly. We all did. But I think what happened afterwards was a bit of a beat-up. We really want women in sport and I think in Australia we're embracing that quite well. Mel does a fantastic job with what she does. We know it was wrong, but a lot of people put their two bobs-worth in that probably didn't need to."

Saker said he was not aware of any directive, either official or unofficial, from Cricket Australia declaring that Gayle was persona-non-grata in the BBL.

"Not to me. It might have come to our CEO, but not that I know of and I don't think that would happen," Saker said. "It was the wrong thing to do, but it's not the end of the world, I wouldn't have thought."

Despite Saker's comments, it remains to be seen whether the Renegades would want to re-sign Gayle from a pure cricket point of view. Last summer he scored 260 runs at 32.50 and managed just one half-century from his eight appearances. Saker foreshadowed his team needing an overseas bowler, although he said it was still possible they could sign Gayle again.

"There's still a chance of that," he said. "To be fair we probably need an overseas bowler though. We're looking at whether to go down that track or to recruit a bowler from inside Australia. So we're going through whether we need to re-sign Chris Gayle."
Last edited by howzdat on Thu May 05, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howzdat

Unread post

Chris Gayle, living it large, no harm meant. Have a good day aka Money Talks! (even? :oops: ) in the Big Bash League.

Question from this topic: How many Aussie women & men will raise their voices to derail any possibility of this happening :?: ... On second thoughts howizdat can we fuhget that this was world news :?: :!: I can assure allyuh that this here topic will be monitoring the www for signs of worldwide weeping & wailing at the downright two-faced betrayal of my Aussie sister from a different Mother :!:

Can somebody remind me what that former Aussie (female) PM, Julia Gillard, had was to say about misogyny amongst her countrymen :?: Did she declare that is only "a bit of a beat-up" ?

Ah well Chris Gayle, living it large, no harm meant. Have a good day ... not the last word I am certain.

PS: This here topic has come to the unilateral decision that while this matter is still pending the Melbourne Renegades coach shall have be christened Mr. David Forsakeher

howzdat

Unread post

badpepper wrote:Gayle dropped by RCB
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-prem ... 10993.html
howzdat

Unread post

Nuff said! Another failure today; details immaterial.

Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again.
howzdat

Unread post

Indian Premier League, 48th match: Kolkata Knight Riders v Royal Challengers Bangalore at Kolkata, May 16, 2016

Copied from elsewhere on the forum .. but I nominating Affers for a guest appearance on these pages. :D :D
AFRO wrote:What? di "WORLD FARCE" get a lickle 49 before Narine beat him up? :shock: Lord Mike gine be giddy to rhatid :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring 49 today .... as RCB win the match