Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again.

West Indies cricket discussions
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

howzdat wrote:Courtesy BBC: Chris Gayle has said his body "needs a break" after his second T20 Blast spell with Somerset came to an end on Sunday
Chris Gayle has said his body "needs a break" after his second T20 Blast spell with Somerset came to an end on Sunday.

The 36-year-old made a half century to help beat Hamsphire by six wickets in his last scheduled county game of 2016...
"The mind is willing but the body says 'you've got to take a break'. There is too much stiffness on this body at this time," Gayle told BBC Radio Bristol.

"But we'll see how well I can actually manage that, how long I can actually last and go on to entertain the fans around the world ...

"There is too much stiffness on this body at this time," Gayle told BBC Radio Bristol."

No wonder?
howzdat

Unread post

MarcusGarveyLives wrote:
howzdat wrote:Courtesy BBC: Chris Gayle has said his body "needs a break" after his second T20 Blast spell with Somerset came to an end on Sunday
Chris Gayle has said his body "needs a break" after his second T20 Blast spell with Somerset came to an end on Sunday.

The 36-year-old made a half century to help beat Hamsphire by six wickets in his last scheduled county game of 2016...
"The mind is willing but the body says 'you've got to take a break'. There is too much stiffness on this body at this time," Gayle told BBC Radio Bristol.

"But we'll see how well I can actually manage that, how long I can actually last and go on to entertain the fans around the world ...

"There is too much stiffness on this body at this time," Gayle told BBC Radio Bristol."

No wonder

No wondering stiffness at all me don't thinks!!! because it's Chris Gayle, living it large & NOT Stevie scoring at something that mek him body limp from too much stiffness some time previously. What do you think???? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Chris Gayle, living it large mek him body too stiff at this time; scoring off the agenda unless he chooses to turn openher in his da club stripping :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Chris Gayle has had a strip club installed in his own house. The West Indies batsman flaunted his new house design along with the caption "if you ain't got a strip club at home, you ain't a true cricket player"
howzdat

Unread post

Some less well informed :D :D media outlets have described the announcement that St. Kitts Patriots T20 cricket franchise has acquired the signature, and hopefully plenty runs, of Chris Gayle for the 2017 CPL season as a "Shocker!". However, it is only here on this "Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again" topic where you will first read about the cleverly conceived marketing ploy that could be behind the signing. Read on ...

We all know that the history books posit that the Caribbean was "discovered" by dat damn blasted liar named Coiumbus :!: However, only time will tell whether this announcement will come to be viewed by Jamaica Tallawahs fans as a modern-day act of daring do, piracy and betrayal hatched in T20 cricket's corporate boardrooms!

Mr. Gayle will get kitted-up to represent a team based on an island (yes folks a whole country) that in former times was known as St. Christopher Island :!: From a marketing person's perspective not only is this is a dream move, but to mix metaphors and national iconography, am sure that the CPL T20 moguls see this as having the potential to be an El Dorado for the 168 km2 (65 sq mi) island state of St. Kitts ... I mean St. Christopher Island ... I mean St. Columbus Kitty Land ... (am obviously confused :D :D :D ).

Not only that but am certain that no Jamaican would have ever countenanced the idea of renaming their country as St. Gayland. Am I right or am I right? Good. So in the final analysis dem sorta will just hafi suck it up and get over it :oops: :oops: while Gayle laughs all the way to the banks. Oh & if that ain't enough mek I hafi remind the tearful likkle but tallawah fans dem datz how in this day and age when every damned thing is corporate and monetised you hafi render onto St. Chris dat which him Mama name him after. And if she choose to name her boy after some prime caribbean real estate none of we got any right to grumble :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So FetchDat!TM

So there you have it, St. Christopher Patriots CPL T20 franchise announces coup! first read about here on "Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing again", a topic hosted on the windies fans dot com wonderful website <<< free advert :lol: :lol:

Yours truly & with heartfelt commiserations to my Jamaican comrades

@howzdat

PS: Lovely to see the original CPL catchphrase back ain't it? hehehehee FetchDat!TM
howzdat

Unread post

Yeah man :!: Four years young today & is a xmas birthday to boot :!: Damn, it sure looks like datz how 'twas a blessed day that this lunacy conspired a way out of some poster's head and onto this here fantastic website :D :D Ya'll have shown the World Boss so much love :D :D :D And now some 392 posts and 82830 views later we hafi know seh that Christopher Henry Gayle is indeed "The Don-A-Gorgon" of living it large, scoring nothing ... again.

And even though it remains a joint effort :roll: :roll: played out on a belter of a worldwide wicket reminding us to give thanks and gratitude to all fellow contributors, is me and AFRO gonna be swilling nuff, nuff Champers down at the Triple Century Sports Bar to celebrate from tonight till Boxing day done :!:

Yeah man! Is so we do it as true Champions! Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again 4 today! And we ain't done bat yet. So pad up, tek you guard people and get ready for this carry-on of cricket love for Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring scoring ... again!

FetchDat!TM
howzdat

Unread post

This here "Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again" topic applauds Gayle being the first cricketer to reach the 10,000-run landmark in T20s! And even though the achievement is in lickit-bat-&-ball, in this era it has to be acknowledged as truly Champion!

Chris Gayle, living it large, scores 77 to pass 10,000-run landmark in T20s!
Googley

Unread post

Tek that! 10K from the World boss!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

damn, you cyan keep a good Jamaican down!!! 8-)
howzdat

Unread post

Now, now Googs never mind you getting all carried away with your World Boss tributes pon this here Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again topic on account of the World Boss reaching a mighty summit, however I beg you to reign it eeen, rewind & come again cause I never tell anybody say that pop groups like Tek That can ever reach pon my decks.

No way Jose cos you done know seh datz how party too, too sweet for boys dem feel say that them can dance ina man dem boots up ina my hall! No way pardna and if is any way dat Gayle did a know 'bout the I, is sure hafi be the case that is howzdat one that was gonna man the decks at the celebration party down at Triple Century 333 Sports Bar and Restaurant ... just like at the New Years eve bash, if allyuh can remember I did mention it!

Yeah man, is bash me bash dem good ina dancehall stylee, you done know! And after that Take That mention I see how you trying fuh recover ground with mention of good Jamaican, but when it come to talk now nah of that tekking business is only one man gonna grace my wheels of steel! So if you sitting down mek this doan get you up and tek all what you got to the Bridge like a Chris Gayle mighty six-hit!

Yes Aye, Gayle's 10,000-run landmark in T20s! Now that's as Champion as it gets! :roll: :roll:

PS: Anybody read it sounding as if datz how like he turn into a Gayle groupie :?: :!:

Regardlessly Yours

howzdat
Googley

Unread post

There was another posting who cussed Gayle and still cussing him...even though Gayle help got him and his masters Championship etc.

That ungrateful skunt has not even offered his congratulations given that this achievement has brought pride to Gayle and Jamaica but to the entire region!

Yet him and his master will seek ways to take credit!
howzdat

Unread post

Indian Premier League, 27th match: Kolkata Knight Riders v Royal Challengers Bangalore at Kolkata, Apr 23, 2017

And is back to business ... as usual.

So there was the whole windiesfans dot com munity reading my recent posts and wondering is how come I manage to be word smithying so eloquently (as usual) in acknowledgement - and apparent celebration - of the unrivalled feat that the legendary Don-A-Gorgon Chris Gayle had recently put the seal on with much fanfare - I refer of course to Chris scoring his Ten Thousandth T20 run. I could well imagine that the whole of the hype-addicts, groupies & lickit-bat-&-ball followers dem all in eager anticipation over the show that Chris was bound to put on for them when he next walked out to bat.

Well here I am to tell allyuh that the title Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again was well and truly proven because in an utter horror show in which Royal Chargers Bangalore were dismissed for forty-nine!
Yes, I mean 49 for all ten wickets! chasing a modest total of 132 for victory. Booooooooooo!!!!!! They were dismissed in 9.4 overs and not a single batsman nor extras got into double figures!

It was a rout! In fact extras at 7 contributed the exact same amount as Chris Gayle did! He was 5th out with the innings score at 40!
Kolkata Knight Riders 131 (19.3/20 ov)
RCB 49 (9.4/20 ov)
Kolkata Knight Riders won by 82 runs
Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again as Royal Challengers Bangalore are routed by Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL 2017.
Gils

Unread post

" What's all this royal chat pon the day datzhow that obnoxious Greek fella fire di wuk! Anyway I bet that in retirement HRH won't be found swilling from any old dutty troug! It will be gilded with lillies and inlaid with diamonds.

Where were we? Ah the Beach ....."

I don't spam any of your posts, and I expect the same courtesy to be extended to me.