Unread post

howzdat wrote:The following will be voting:
Barbados: Calvin Hope, Pat Greenidge

Guyana: Drubahadur, Alfred Mentore

Jamaica: Fitz Harris, Courtney Daley

Leeward Islands: Zorol Barthley, Rommel Hughes

Trinidad and Tobago: Arjune Ramlal, Azim Bassarath

Windward Islands: Julian Charles, Julian Jack
I'm sure none of the above played Test cricket for the Windies....
:roll:
For that matter, how many of them played FC cricket for their country?

Now we can see why Caribbean cricket is in such a mess...lots of pigs fighting for their share of the swill in the trough.
Gils

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:Good to see the back of Hunte, but is it really worth a celebration? Or are we just swapping black dawg for monkey?

Gils, please explain that phrase to non-Caribbean folks like Afro....
:D
;) I'm sure he knows or will make efforts to.

Do you think the good (Dr :)) will announce his retirement from public office or WI duties now ?
mikesiva

Unread post

:lol:
Good riddance to bad rubbish....

Pity though that Cameron will probably bring more of the same rubbish....
:?
I just did a check on he above names - as far as I can see, the only regional representative voter I can see who has played any cricket at FC level is Julian Charles. Is that what our cricket has come to?
:roll:
howzdat

Unread post

Now, now mikesiva, Yuh mean you aint spot the cricketing namesakes amongst that lot?! Shame on you! :D :D Greenidge; Courtney + Daley (dats a 2-for-1 offer); Alfred; Harris; and with the Windward Islands we get a double double 2-for-1 offer: Julian + Charles plus Julian + Jack :twisted: :twisted:

An altogether Jammy-dough-Dot-black dawg for monkey of a deal.
howzdat

Unread post

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados – Jamaican businessman Dave Cameron was on Wednesday elected president of the West Indies Cricket Board, beating incumbent Dr Julian Hunte in a close vote at the Annual General Meeting here.

Cameron, who previously served as vice-president to Hunte, won 7-5 to ensure the change of guard in one of the Caribbean’s most prestigious bodies.

His running mate Emmanuel Nanthan, the Windward Islands Cricket Board chief, also took the post of vice-president after beating Barbados Cricket Association president Joel Garner, 8-4.

“I am happy and feel extremely blessed to be leading this august body this afternoon,” Cameron told a media conference here afterward.

“As you know, the election process has been a long one … I traveled my Kingston to Georgetown to ensure that I was able to address the concerns of our stakeholders.

“As Emmanuel and I take over the West Indies Cricket Board, we take it over with very, very lofty goals in our minds but also with the understanding of the reason we are here and what everybody in the region is looking forward to.”

Cameron, who comes to the post with over ten years of WICB experience, campaigned on promises to improve the Board’s financial viability and increase the involvement of the region’s corporate sector.

He said he was now prepared for this challenge as well as that of uniting of West Indies cricket and charting a path for the success of the regional team.

“In my manifesto I talked about improving and building on our immense talent, increasing the revenues in the sport, … participation and about uniting the region through cricket,” he said.

“And I certainly believe this thing called cricket, and West Indies cricket in particular, is very passionate to all of us and I would like to say from the sweeper on the street to the Prime Ministers of the region, this is very passionate to all of us and with that we take on this very huge task of building the West Indies team and taking it back to the top where we are accustomed to.”

He continued: “We take it (challenge) on understanding and knowing very well that we will be innovate and creative … we will use every strength that we have available and try and get West Indies cricket back to the top.”

The election of Cameron ended Hunte’s bid for a fourth successive two-year term and marks the second major administrative change in West Indies cricket within the last seven months.

Last September, St Lucian Ernest Hilaire stepped down from the post of chief executive officer, to take up a diplomatic posting on behalf of his country’s government in London.

He was subsequently replaced by Jamaican Michael Muirhead.
howzdat

Unread post

Lest I forget:
WICB is the governing body for professional and amateur cricket in the Caribbbean.Its vision statement reads, “To establish and sustain West Indies cricket as the sporting symbol of the West Indies, and the West Indies team as the dominant team in international cricket.”
Gils

Unread post

I traveled from Kingston to Georgetown, he can lay it on thick eh? Lofty r#$$.

No mention of the sterling efforts & accomplishments of the former president then, I wonder if this means he's not going to persue legal action ? Oh, it's a sound process now eh ? lol

I also wonder what he did to help unite Caribbean cricket while he was VP ?
howzdat

Unread post

Kingston to Georgetown?! It was in Kingston that I first encountered religious Rastafari's; as for Georgetown I hear that they have Cuffy! So is how far you think you gonna have to travel to be able to lay it on that thick?

Mind yourself as you go and please do watch out for the choke-and-robbers!
Gils

Unread post

Him have mout strictly after the event.

The robber dem fraid a him to rass, a true dem know seh him wuk wid Julian, a one bad tief dat lol
DMan

Unread post

I could only imagine Mike must be over the moon for a fellow Jamaican to be the President of the WICB. Congrats! :) But the job not done yet! Scams and Gibbo still lingers.