WICB Annual General Meeting today

West Indies cricket discussions
howzdat

Unread post

73 takeaway 42 = 31 but what happens when 6 overlaps?
There are more than 40 persons at the meeting, including the incumbent president, vice-president, chief executive officer, other members of the secretariat, directors and shareholders.
>40 but <50?
howzdat

Unread post

10th emergency special (resumed) 2004 Mr. Julian Robert Hunte Saint Lucia
10th emergency special (resumed twice) 2003 Mr. Julian Robert Hunte Saint Lucia
58th 2003 Mr. Julian Robert Hunte Saint Lucia
Taken from: http://www.un.org/en/ga/president/index.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
howzdat wrote:all dem presidents remind me of one of LFSB legacies :roll: :roll:

or should that be the late Marilyn Munro?
howzdat

Unread post

The WICB has 17 directors, comprising the president, vice-president, two directors from each of the six territorial boards, and three non-member directors.
howzdat

Unread post

The elections, however, will be decided by the shareholders, who are separate and distinct from the directors. Each territory is represented by two shareholders.

So, is who dem shareholders :?: :?: :?: Patience howzdat!

The shareholder representatives are:
Barbados: Calvin Hope, Pat Greenidge
Guyana: Drubahadur, Alfred Mentore
Jamaica: Fitz Harris, Courtney Daley
Leeward Islands: Zorol Barthley, Rommel Hughes
Trinidad and Tobago: Arjune Ramlal, Azim Bassarath
Windward Islands: Julian Charles, Julian Jack
The West Indies Players Association is also represented at the meeting by ... oh look, another President!
president Wavell Hinds.

Will we be told who voted for whom after the event ?

That's all from me on this topic, will see the SNAFU result later.
howzdat

Unread post

The following will be voting:
Barbados: Calvin Hope, Pat Greenidge

Guyana: Drubahadur, Alfred Mentore

Jamaica: Fitz Harris, Courtney Daley

Leeward Islands: Zorol Barthley, Rommel Hughes

Trinidad and Tobago: Arjune Ramlal, Azim Bassarath

Windward Islands: Julian Charles, Julian Jack
Gils

Unread post

At this time I would like to express a preference for none of the above.

With that being said, I would like to voice my partiality to an election & process which would concentrate on the principles rather than personalities involved, although that horse seems to have long departed the stables.

IMHO the good (Dr :)) seems to be in pole position having returned/installed board reps & FC cricket to Guyana & been victorious in the recent MOU court case.

I still can't help thinking that if he's been 20 years on the board & still has unfinished business then it's highly unlikely he can finish it in another two year term if at all.
BallOil

Unread post

BREAKING NEWS: The results are in and there is change in the guard at the top of the West Indies Cricket Board.

Dave Cameron, a 42-year-old Jamaican, has been elected as the new president of the WICB. In a closely fought contest, Cameron defeated Julian Hunte 7-5.

Cameron's running mate, Emmanuel Nathan of Dominica is the new vice-president. He defeated Barbados Cricket Association president Joel Garner 8-4.
howzdat

Unread post

Thank you BallOil. Congratulations to the winners; and commiserations to those who also ran.

For the sake of West Indies cricket I sincerely hope that it is not a Jammy-dough-Dot of a result.
Gils

Unread post

BallOil wrote:BREAKING NEWS: The results are in and there is change in the guard at the top of the West Indies Cricket Board.

Dave Cameron, a 42-year-old Jamaican, has been elected as the new president of the WICB. In a closely fought contest, Cameron defeated Julian Hunte 7-5.

Cameron's running mate, Emmanuel Nathan of Dominica is the new vice-president. He defeated Barbados Cricket Association president Joel Garner 8-4.
OMG :o

It would be good to know who voted for change but as small as it is it's welcome.Come to think of it would very informative to know who voted for the status quo :?:

Over to you Mr President, Sir :!: :!:
mikesiva

Unread post

Good to see the back of Hunte, but is it really worth a celebration? Or are we just swapping black dawg for monkey?

Gils, please explain that phrase to non-Caribbean folks like Afro....
:D