WICB Annual General Meeting today

West Indies cricket discussions
WIndiesFans.com

Unread post

BRIDGETOWN, BARBADOS - The most eagerly anticipated West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) annual general meeting in several years comes off today amidst tremendous interest over the election of a president.

Read full article...
BallOil

Unread post

who allyuh voting for the presidency today? :lol: :lol:
howzdat

Unread post

Catching a glimpse at Hunte's age, plus bearing in mind all the history and all the baggage that accompanies his association with the post, the venerable :evil: :evil: Robert Mugabe springs to mind for some reason. Someone pass me the sick bucket! while I abstain. How many years will the winner be in role?
howzdat

Unread post

http://www.nationnews.com/live/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AFRO

Unread post

Well i'm hoping we see change today, it's not the change i was rooting for as i made it clear that Lloyd was the man for the job, but we just have to hope that if Cameron gets the gig he will want to leave his own mark on Caribbean cricket and endeavour to be innovative in an effort to move us to the next level instead of just carrying on with the same policies of the status quo.

Last week it seemed like Cameron had it in the bag, but as the days have gone on some people aren't so sure he's gonna win, right now i'd say it's 50-50, Cameron does have a good chance though.
howzdat

Unread post

Ah wel! If, sh1t & wings come to mind. WICB Annual General Meeting today, AFRO hoping for change ... while howzdat contends that whatever the outcome it will be a miracle it we doan en' up wid a SNAFU again!

Life has surely changed in the region! Once upon a time meh late mama (Goddess rest her soul) would a buy a enamel cup for allwe drink from! Allyuh see dat big ass 'schooner' dat pon top the blue bapkin :?: Lawd, it look like it been through a few wars. Drink-up man!

Julian Hunte, "would describe his tenure as 'reasonably successful' ... adding stability to West Indies cricket".

Cameron, "you getting a personality ..able to engage a personaility that will be able to engage persons at all levels"

So far, one add one = dat we are promised a stable cult (howzdat's views and NOT that of the site, the wicb nor the characters ah mean personalities battling for the prize!)
Last edited by howzdat on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
AFRO

Unread post

Howzdat, don't get me wrong drastic change is probably unlikely, but put it this way, Cameron might be a whole lot easier to push in the right direction than the last mob were thats for sure!! :D .
howzdat

Unread post

PROFILE - JULIAN HUNTE

Date of birth: March 14, 1940

Career to date: WICB president since 2007.

• WICB vice-president in the 1990s.

• Former president of the Windward Islands Cricket Board of Control and St Lucia Cricket Association.

•Former St Lucia Ambassador to United Nations and president of the UN General Assembly.

•Former Foreign minister in St Lucia.

•Former Opposition Leader in St Lucia.

• Former mayor of Castries.

• Designated an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in recognition of his dedicated service to the Government and people of St Lucia in 1979.

• Awarded honorary Doctor of Letters from England’s University of Sheffield for his diplomatic service in 2005.

•Chairman and chief executive of the Julian R. Hunte group, an organization with a network of agencies dealing with insurance, real estate and packaging and storage.
howzdat

Unread post

I hear yuh AFRO. Am gonna feedback later ... meanwhile ...
howzdat

Unread post

PROFILE - DAVE CAMERON

Date of birth: April 8 1970

Career to date

• WICB vice-president since 2007

• WICB director since 2002

• Former Jamaica Cricket Association treasurer

• Former chairman of WICB marketing committee and former chairman of WICB development and strategic planning committee

• President of Kensington Cricket Club since 2000

• Former vice-president of St Ann Parish Association

• Vice-president of fixed income and securities trading at Sterling Asset Management and Services Limited in Jamaica

• Licensed financial securities dealer representative

• BSc – Hotel Management (first class honours) – 1992 and MSc – Management of Information Systems 1997

• Represented Kingston College and recipient of the Douglas Forrest Scholarship to pursue hotel management as a result of cricket

• Manager of Dunn’s River Falls at age 24, one of the region’s premier tourist attractions