AFRO's windiesfans.com inbox fuh the WICB

West Indies cricket discussions
AFRO

Unread post

@Howzdat

Darren made commitments to T20 competitions before him and the board came to an agreement. So that's why he's not come back for the senior side yet. He's gonna play in the Bangladesh t20 competition and then hopefully play for Trinidad In the PCL. After that we fully expect him to be available for the regional side. But as always it's totally in his hands.

Blackwood got dropped just recently because some of the coaches don't like his lack of professionalism at times when he's at the crease. He puts in the hard work at the nets but his mindset will always be to attack. Many times it works and he's a huge asset to the side, but when it doesn't work it looks ugly tbh. His position is very much under pressure from Hetty as the coaches feel him may benefit from batting at number five or six. We'll see what transpires but it's very much up to Hetty to force down the door.

As for POOGgley!!!..doan your stinking rass ever get tired of being a GROUPIE? :lol: :lol: :lol: I see you start pump out your chest since Bishy tek a few wickets huh? Doan worry!!..we've gotten rid of a few GUYANA MAN before, and we not afraid to get rid of another in due course...Cornwell soon come, just wait and see :D .
Googley

Unread post

Atleast Bishoo delivers the goods....when handled properly. Can you say the same thing for the rest of your cronnies?
mikesiva

Unread post

Afro are you a party to that nonsensical rebramding of the west indies as the Windies?
:P
howzdat

Unread post

AFRO wrote:@Howzdat

Blackwood got dropped just recently because some of the coaches don't like his lack of professionalism at times when he's at the crease. He puts in the hard work at the nets but his mindset will always be to attack. Many times it works and he's a huge asset to the side, but when it doesn't work it looks ugly tbh. His position is very much under pressure from Hetty as the coaches feel him may benefit from batting at number five or six. We'll see what transpires but it's very much up to Hetty to force down the door.
Hi AFRO thanks for sharing your thoughts, in which you describe the coaches as 'not liking his lack of professionalism at times' ... " While this may be more your assessment than an accurate description of the official stance of those involved, I nonetheless find what you say informative. I would argue that 'not liking' has no place to play in the matter. A cricketer either performs in keeping with and exceeding the positive factors which lead to his selection or he doesn't. In either of these scenarios there ought to follow a logical, evidence based conclusion and a response

When I hear of liking in this context I find myself wondering what happens if the player vying with Blackwood for the spot in the team is less liked but has better stats or is adjudged a better prospect. Will he have to wait till the selectors "run out of liking Blackwood". Talking of running out, what if Hetty runs Blackwood out at the next opportunity, will the former earn so many demerit points that Blackwood's 'liking stock' will increase beyond measure?

Stuart Law himself has called for consistency in selection, and I understand this where it is justifiable; but not in any instance where liking or disliking as human emotional responses to a situation are more favoured than an evidence based approach ... which does not necessarily exclude a panel asking questions of the player in an attempt to understand what (if anything) he was thinking when acting in a particular manner - I reckon that Blackwood is dining out on his performances on the England tour.

:idea: AFRO maybe if you like this post you can add it to my growing portfolio of evidence-backed reasons to be seriously considered fuh a wuk at the wicb. Ah well it is NOT a pity that this site does not have a like button facility for posts! Lawd can you imagine the repurcussions? :D :D :D
Last edited by howzdat on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Googley

Unread post

AFRO maybe if you like this post you can add it to my growing portfolio of evidence-backed reasons to be seriously considered fuh a wuk at the wicb.
Newsflash!!!

WICB is not interested in person(s) who can think on their feet. On the other hand, trough dwellers are welcomed! :lol:
AFRO

Unread post

LOL that didn't stop you BEGGING "trough dwellers" FOR CPL TICKETS the other day you wukless, stinking skunt :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Howzdat Blackwood is an interesting player because once every three or so innings he comes up trumps and plays well. Then he'll have games where he'll do something off script and very stupid. So they are trying to deal with that and improve him as a player so that those errors, which are mental lapses, are less and less as he develops as a player. BUT, with so many youngsters coming up now like Ambris, Hetty, Cariah, Carty, King, Allen, Webster etc, he's gonna be under pressure to retain his place in the long term imo and I guess it's gonna be up to him as to whether he sinks or swims.
Googley

Unread post

how the forward movement going, TD?
mikesiva

Unread post

AFRO wrote:@Howzdat

Darren made commitments to T20 competitions before him and the board came to an agreement. So that's why he's not come back for the senior side yet. He's gonna play in the Bangladesh t20 competition and then hopefully play for Trinidad In the PCL. After that we fully expect him to be available for the regional side. .
Dreamer!
:lol:
I told you he would prefer to play for the Pakistan super league rather than the WICB trough dwellers.
howzdat

Unread post