AFRO's windiesfans.com inbox fuh the WICB

West Indies cricket discussions
Googley

Unread post

:lol:

Doan worry, "pal" is to be taken lightly!
howzdat

Unread post

You mean lightly like with fishy, fishy fly, fly & casareep tripe ladled-up from out of the trough?
howzdat

Unread post

ICC Intercontinental Cup, Afghanistan v Ireland at Greater Noida, Mar 28-31, 2017
First-class match | 2016/17 season
Played at Greater Noida Sports Complex Ground, Greater Noida (neutral venue)
28,29,30,31 March 2017 (4-day match)

Afghanistan 537/8d
Ireland 148/4 (40.4 ov) innings still in progress on 2nd day

Ireland trail by 389 runs with 6 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
Afghanistan & Simmons soon reach! Yes, yes, dem soon come and though I don't know what will happen .... if it does ... mek Affers not talk now nah & seh datzhow crazy never did imagine it! Hai yagga ....

even more regardlessly yours

howzdat

PS: That song takes me way, way back to my childhood when I would get shivers listening to its' haunting melody. It is over thirty years since I first & last heard it. Wonderful!

PPS: And in the time it took me to write that madness Ireland lost another wicket! Ireland 162/5 (45.0 ov) ... they might just be asked to follow-on!

regardlessly yours

bongo bonkers howzdat :lol:
howzdat

Unread post

Who was it touting it around these parts a while back that Chesney Hughes may be open to a selection approach by the WICB? Since we are exploring desperate measures, why don't we petition the Board to send AFRO on a scouting mission of the African Cricket Association nations to see if he can find a few players whom might be interested in switching allegiances over to the British West Indies.

After more careful consideration I have decided that in this day and age such thinking is wrong-headed because though Globalisation is rampant, am sure that the folks from those predominately black, nations are proudly African and honoured to represent their respective Nation's, so is back to the drawing board.
mikesiva

Unread post

Afro who designed the WICB rubbish new website?
:P
I didn't think it was possible to come up with a worse website than the one you lot had before but somehow you lot managed it!

In the last one you could at least see the latest news, but now you don't even have that.
Googley

Unread post

men too busy at the trough!! :D
AFRO

Unread post

You skunts tink me got time fi websites? :D I admit, it does look trash right now. The board put it in the hands of some commercial company but needless to say they've got to do better than that.
howzdat

Unread post

But wait, is reach AFRO reach 'round these parts to check pon him inbox :?: :!: Well I ever :D .

Welcome back AFRO, you have been sorely missed 'round these parts. What, with all the hobnobbing with the WICB big-wigs you have prioritised over attending this your very own inbox fuh the WICB, I guess we be quite lucky to get your attention. Anyway, I too been busy so I guess we can call it quits pon that.

As far as matters pon the field of play are concerned I really want to see how Darren Bravo will augment this batting lineup. Are you privy to any news on matters regarding his selection? I'd also like to see Shimron Hetmyer given a run in the team ... any chance of hm getting in the team?

I could well be in a minority of one but I fail to be impressed by Mr. Blackwood as a test match player. For my sensibilities there is a jittery, feverishness to his batting that does not imply permanence, and though I feel that this young side would benefit from the addition of a naturally attacking player, someone with ability, inner confidence and situational awareness as well as attacking flair when batting is needed. Yes, Blackwood averages 32 at test level which implies that he has some ability but at almost 26 years of age he needs to up his game and represent himself as a fulcrum around which the lower middle order can contribute substantial partnerships to the team score.

Well that will be all from me for now, so till the next time, walk good and keep enjoying the soup and I hope that a windies rally is just around the corner :oops: :oops:

regardlessly your

@datzhow
howzdat

Unread post

As if to underscore my point I note that Blackwood has been dismissed for 3 in West indies second innings! Pathetic! Three runs in the context of West Indies batting on day 3 and looking to press home their advantage in the game! Added to his single in the first innings he has contributed a grand sum of fours runs in the match; and he has been stumped for the second time in the game! What's that all about! Damned poor if you ask me but much in keeping with my assessment above. He needs a good kick up the backside!
Googley

Unread post

AFRO wrote:You skunts tink me got time fi websites? :D I admit, it does look trash right now. The board put it in the hands of some commercial company but needless to say they've got to do better than that.
traffic at the trough must be slow for you to show up here! :D