Where's the pride?

West Indies cricket discussions
mikesiva

Unread post

I pay my subscription to Sky TV primarily so that I can watch the West Indies play. It's not cheap, but such is my love for my team, that I'm prepared to fork up money to watch them. However, I find it upsetting when some of the players don't seem to show the same level of pride for wearing the maroon colours as the times of yore....

This is what Bravo said in terms of ranking playing for Trinidad, Mumbai and West Indies....

http://wicricnews.com/?p=6110

"Mumbai Indians or Trinidad and Tobago?
Of course T&T. It’s my country. Mumbai Indians come second, T&T come first and the West Indies third."

Now, I don't have a problem with Bravo putting Trinidad first, but to put Mumbai ahead of the West Indies?
:?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket ... 594576.stm

Now, it's good of Collins to land a Kolpak for Middlesex. But since he knew he was looking for a Kolpak contract, why did he play a full season with Barbados? He was the region's leading pacer in terms of wickets, so he was in line for a recall. If he knew he didn't want to play for the West Indies, he should've stepped back - the way Darren Powell did - and allowed Jason Holder to play....

And now it seems that Ramnarine and Pollard are upset that KP had to play for the West Indies against Zimbabwe, instead of raking in big bucks playing the entire IPL....

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/26203/48/

"The president of the West Indies Players Association (WIPA), Dinanath Ramnarine has confirmed that they could take legal action against the West Indies Cricket Board for not allowing Kieron Pollard to represent the Mumbai Indians in the first part of the ongoing Indian Premier LeagueTwenty20 premier."
:shock:
How much of the IPL did KP miss? One week? Does wearing the West Indies shirt count for so little with some of these guys?
:roll:
matchstick

Unread post

I think too big a deal is being made of this...

The man plays cricket hard which ever team he plays for... you cant fault him there....

With so much media in your face these days you are bound to slip up...

lets give the fella a break and focus on his lazy batting which keeps declining...
BallOil

Unread post

Now, I don't have a problem with Bravo putting Trinidad first, but to put Mumbai ahead of the West Indies?
I don't have a problem if that how he feels...National pride comes first.. What type of entity is West Indies? If WI take care of the players properly they will have the players loyalty... You reap what your sow :)

How much of the IPL did KP miss? One week? Does wearing the West Indies shirt count for so little with some of these guys?
Opportunity loss... KP losing money in his bizniz that is not a good thing.. :) Maximize profits and minimize losses :)
Now, it's good of Collins to land a Kolpak for Middlesex. But since he knew he was looking for a Kolpak contract, why did he play a full season with Barbados? He was the region's leading pacer in terms of wickets, so he was in line for a recall. If he knew he didn't want to play for the West Indies, he should've stepped back - the way Darren Powell did - and allowed Jason Holder to play....
Pedro accepted the first offer that comes along I can't blame him.. Who knows if WI would recall him anyways ? They took him to SA as a tourist without an International game.
You have to make your decision on the info you have and that is the offer from Middlesex :)
Huckle

Unread post

you right....these guys doh have any pride.....representing WI :?

But you have to ask why they doh have no pride?