Who Say Shane Pelts!! Prove It!

West Indies cricket discussions
mapoui2

Unread post

http://cricketbadger.com/2013/11/20/sha ... ch-thomas/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suggested that they bring clips of the last 2 indian tests of shane pelting! weh dem? :roll:

this is just Indian games to try pick west indies side fuh we. screw dem and deh hypocrite selves
:x :x :x
:x :x
:x
Gils

Unread post

Every spinner today has a suspect bowling action”, said Mervin Thomas, cricket coach and administrator with the Dominica Cricket Board.

Just as I said, prove that all bowlers pelt and this case becomes severely compromised, the drawback is such a stance doesn't disprove Shilly pelts.

Now that he's been called he will have to undergo testing program, which will make it's own determination.

IMO The stable door was kicked way off the hinges the moment the ICC gave Murali a bligh.
The Malinga eyepass is just a bad joke gone too far.
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

mapoui2 wrote:Who Say Shane Pelts!! Prove It!
During the Tendulkar farewell series there was an interesting debate (available online via Cricinfo) regarding whether still photographs really do tell the 'true' picture on this issue:

Photo shows: Shillingford bowling against Australia in 2012 test series
mapoui2

Unread post

St. John's, Antigua : Former West Indies fast bowler Andy Roberts has accused some umpires and the world governing body for cricket, International Cricket Council (ICC), of targetting Caribbean bowlers Shane Shillingford and Marlon Samuels.

Both players were reported for suspect action by umpires during the second Test between the West Indies and India, reports CMC.

Roberts said there are many other bowlers who should be called for a suspect action but added that those in authority lack the conviction to point them out, according to the Antigua Observer.

"As far as Shillingford is concerned, he has been under the gun since he started playing for Windward Islands, so it's nothing new. But my only problem is that they are picking on Shillingford and Marlon Samuels to some extent when there are so many pelters around the world that they are not calling," Roberts said.

"You have pelters who have world records who they are not calling and you have pelters who are top of the ICC rankings who they are not calling; not one, not two, because in the top 10, you have at least three or four people who have their elbows more than 15 degrees, but they are not calling them and you know why? They are from countries that have clout and the West Indies have no clout in international cricket," the newspaper quoted Roberts as saying.

Samuels and Shillingford were reported at the end of the second day's play Nov 15 by on-field umpires Richard Kettleborough and Nigel Llong, TV Umpire Vineet Kulkarni and Andy Pycroft of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees.

Pycroft handed over copies of the reports to the West Indies team manager after the conclusion of the Test.

The umpires' reports have cited concerns over the two players' bowling actions, with particular references to Samuels' "quicker delivery".

Roberts said ICC should consider placing a ban on the famous 'doosra' delivery if they are not going to penalise offenders across the board.

"ICC has condoned chucking for years because, number one, they are afraid of the Asian countries, so they allow the Asian countries to get away with most things," the legendary pacer said.

"So if Shane is throwing the doosra, you have Muralitharan who bowled the doosra for years, so what you are telling me is that he bowls it, but Shane throws it.

"You have so many people now bowling doosra and the only off-spinner in the world that I can see that hasn't bowled a doosra is Graeme Swann out of England. He bowls an arm ball. So ICC needs to either ban doosras or call everybody who bowls a doosra for throwing," the former West Indies fast bowler said.
Googley

Unread post

Every bowler should be tested!

the fact is Shilly pelts!

The fact is that other bowlers pelt as well
mapoui2

Unread post

I look at shilly and he is quite passable. deh picking on him dats wat. Roberts is right
Googley

Unread post

mapoui2 wrote:I look at shilly and he is quite passable. deh picking on him dats wat. Roberts is right
passable based on your eyesight? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I rather more accurate equipment! :D
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

Picture Shows Shane Shillingford, West Indies v New Zealand, 1st Test, Kingston, 1st day (8 June 2014)
bossman19TT

Unread post

Allyuh do realise a bent arm in itself is not illegal, right?

People always like to show photos wit a bent arm like those above, but it proves absolutely ZERO!! In fact, a bowler can have an arm bent at even 45 degrees, an if he does not straighten more dan 15 degrees during delivery, it is legal! No problems!

STRAIGHTENING is de issue, an as bowlers are allowed 15 degrees, it is very difficult to discern de degree of straightening by de naked eye alone, as it involves 3 frames of reference! Dis is why bowlers have to be analysed in a LAB wit proper equipment. Photos do not work, even watchin on tv or slow motion video alone does not work.