****Timescales for Pybus' Post Mortem****

West Indies cricket discussions
Colin Benjamin

Unread post

During the super50 semi today, Clive Lloyd was interviewed & he said he was invited to Trini by Pybus to discuss this post mortem. So i guess we might hear the findings soon.
Mail

Unread post

Colin Benjamin wrote:During the super50 semi today, Clive Lloyd was interviewed & he said he was invited to Trini by Pybus to discuss this post mortem. So i guess we might hear the findings soon.
But what has Lloyd got to do with it?
Colin Benjamin

Unread post

Mail wrote:
Colin Benjamin wrote:During the super50 semi today, Clive Lloyd was interviewed & he said he was invited to Trini by Pybus to discuss this post mortem. So i guess we might hear the findings soon.
But what has Lloyd got to do with it?
From my understanding, Pybus has invited Lloyd to the meeting, to possibly get his input as a former player etc
Mail

Unread post

I do not think it is appropriate but let is see what comes out of this meeting.

This is Pybus' opportunity to assert his position and he fail to do that.
mapoui2

Unread post

I am impressed by how hopeful you guys are.... :o

hope never dies :?

:lol: :lol:
:lol:
Mail

Unread post

mapoui2 wrote:I am impressed by how hopeful you guys are.... :o

hope never dies :?

:lol:
MAPPIPPEE,

Be positive mate.
mapoui2

Unread post

be positive about what?

I am not negative about anything here. I just know the situation thats all. like any equation in which you know the parts and calculate the answer. you know and that's it... di'ze all

dem fellas have deh interest to look after and dat is wat deh will do :o

mikesiva

Unread post

Mail wrote:AFRO/ Mikey,

Mikey I agree with you on the implementation of any recommendations as it will streamline the Organisation into a more effective and efficient shape but clearly that is not desirable.

I have to agree with AFRO on the improvements to the batting when Radford was around but whether that is coincidence, I know not. Samuels had been improved and it is only Ramdin I saw some marked change in and that followed his marriage. Ramdin's main weakness is his cutting too close to the stumps and he still has that weakness which would be exploited against bowlers maintaining a better line.
It was coincidence, all right...the improvement in our batting coincided with us playing Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and NZ at home.
:D
Radford knew the right time to get out...before we played bigger and better teams. NZ at home, for example, is a much harder prospect than NZ in the Caribbean. I have seen no improvements in the team since Radford was around. You're only as good as the team that you leave behind. If you are a good coach, your team will continue to play well for another two or three years, as it did in the Good Old Days....Afro, read Michael Manley's "History of West Indies Cricket".

No, I'm not impressed with Radford, and I have little expectations for Pybus.
howzdat

Unread post

The answer must be unlimited because Pybus returns to Cricket West Indies as high performance director
Richard Pybus has returned to the West Indies cricket set-up in the newly created role of High Performance Director.

Pybus left his previous role of director of cricket in 2016 when he did not seek a contract renewal after a three-year term and Jimmy Adams was appointed.

In his new position, which is initially a two-year contract, he will work alongside the selectors and coaches across all levels of the game in the Caribbean.

"I am delighted to be re-joining Cricket West Indies in this newly created role," Pybus said. "I am looking forward to working with Jimmy Adams and the rest of the cricket department to improve standards within a system that I know well. My focus will be on developing our high performance programmes and helping to identify and coach the most talented cricketers in the Caribbean."
Gils

Unread post

"It would be great to ask the [CWI] president [Dave Cameron] about this appointment and when was this position advertised," Haynes posted on his Facebook account.

The answer, ESPNcricinfo can confirm, is that it wasn't: the post was not advertised and Cameron did have a direct hand in Pybus' appointment, without interviewing any candidates. "

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... est-indies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like the English PR company who look after Cricket British West Indies publicity have dropped the ball on this one, so its business as usual then........

GILS : Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:36 pm

" Congratulations to Jimmy Adams on his appointment to the position of Director of cricket and best wishes for the upcoming challenges...

From a objective position, I would say this is a sensible appointment - which is very un BWICBC like - then add that it came about as a result of tRicKy dicK pyBus stepping down. Or was that, like Mr More head, to a more comfortable position at the trough :?: :?: "