**** Narine Bowling action reported ****

West Indies cricket discussions
Colin Benjamin

Unread post

AFRO wrote:GOOD!!!..plenty of prominment people behind the scenes begged him to forget about the indian circus and focus on his international career but NO!!..the GREEDY skunt firstly decided to dodge the PCL to make sure he would not be up for test selection and then contrived to threw away his world cup place in order to "get ready" for the IPL :roll: . Now look at him? he's a JOKE and this latest call will effect his value and may lead to his demise in the IPL!!!..

So what is he gonna do now? have ANOTHER test on his action where he was already cleared and play again? mentally the man is gonna be all over the place!!..and i suspect this will be his last season in the IPL hopefully.

When this is done the guy needs to go home and really think about what he wants...i used to be his biggest fan and he was a large part of the COTR construct but now he's on his own...too greedy and not showing commitment to the team that gave him his chance on the big stage...it's really sad because he could have been a legend if he buckled down and focused on his international career where he has never been called...now even with WI he might get targeted SMH.
Sorry Afro but this is nothing more than a baseless tirade against Narine based on limited cricket facts and logic.
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

It is certainly alarming that as an off spinner, he has been banned from bowling off breaks:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-prem ... 67985.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikesiva

Unread post

MarcusGarveyLives wrote:It is certainly alarming that as an off spinner, he has been banned from bowling off breaks:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-prem ... 67985.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is pointless bowling then....

afro doesn't seem to realise that a dodgy action in the ipl will also be called in international cricket,
mikesiva

Unread post

"Embattled West Indies and Kolkata Knight Riders offspinner Sunil Narine has once again retested himself, this time for his offbreak which the BCCI had banned him from bowling on Wednesday. Narine took the test today in Chennai at the ICC-accredited Sri Ramachandra Arthroscopy and Sports Sciences Centre. After a fair amount of his deliveries were reported by the match officials during Knight Riders' away match against Sunrisers Hyderabad on April 22, Narine underwent testing last weekend. The tests revealed that Narine had a flex in his elbow while delivering the offspin delivery. Consequently, the BCCI, while allowing Narine to play in the IPL, made it clear that the he could not bowl his stock ball. Among other deliveries that were tested and cleared were his knuckle ball and straighter delivery."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-prem ... 68525.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikesiva

Unread post

'Kolkata Knight Riders spinner Sunil Narine has been cleared to bowl once again by the BCCI's Suspect Bowling Action Committee but he has been given a "final warning". Narine's name has been taken off the list of bowlers with suspect actions but he was informed that another transgression would result in him being banned for this IPL season. It is understood Narine was delivering the offbreak with a flex in his elbow, which meant he was going back to the old action that had been reported during the 2014 Champions LeagueTwenty20. The review committee wanted him to be consistent with his remodelled action. "In its decision on 28 April 2015 to ban Mr. Narine from bowling off-spinners in the IPL, the BCCI Suspect Bowling Action Committee noted that the player could request a further Official Assessment by the Committee," the BCCI said in a release. "This request was received and accordingly the player underwent a third biomechanical analysis of his action at the ICC and BCCI accredited Sri Ramachandra Arthroscopy and Sports Sciences Centre (SRASSC) in Chennai - this time for his remodelled action (i.e. the one that had been cleared by the Committee immediately before the IPL season). This analysis has re-confirmed the conclusion of the first Official Assessment by the Committee - namely that the remodelled action for the off-spinner does not contravene Law 24.2 (as read with Law 24.3). "The Committee, however, has drawn Mr. Narine's attention to paragraph 4.9 of the IPL Suspected Illegal Bowling Action Policy. Any further report for a suspected illegal bowling action during the course of this season will automatically mean that Mr. Narine is banned from bowling for the rest of the season."'

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-prem ... 71683.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Googley

Unread post

they are toying with him....mental game!
mikesiva

Unread post

"Sunil Narine, the West Indies offspinner, has been reported for bowling with a suspect action during the third ODI against Sri Lanka in Pallekele. Narine finished with figures of 0 for 24 in the Pallekele ODI, which Sri Lanka won by 19 runs based on the Duckworth-Lewis method. The match officials' report, handed to the West Indies team management after the game, cited concerns about the legality of Narine's deliveries. Narine will need to undergo testing on his action within 14 days, and will be permitted to continue bowling until the results of his testing are known. This is the first time Narine has been reported in an international game, though he has undergone scrutiny of his action during the IPL and the Champions League T20. He was reported twice in two matches during the 2014 edition of the CLT20, forcing him to miss Kolkata Knight Riders' final against Chennai Super Kings."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v ... 38671.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I keep telling Afro that he's building his house upon the sand, if he's relying on Narine to be the lynchpin of the West Indies spin attack....
:P
Gils

Unread post

Yet another badly managed asset, I just hope he used a good accountant :!:

How's that for progressive movement..........towards the exit :?: .
Last edited by Gils on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
AFRO

Unread post

Thankfully Warri already pon di scene old boy while your husband still struggling in dungheap!! :D

Instead of staying true to the region Sunny chose greedy like his other trinidad and jamaican buddies and now he's paying for it!!!..God don't sleep!!..the same skunts from Mike's fathers county who sold him dreams are nowhere to be seen now!!..Sunny done!!..it was great while it lasted but time to move on now.

Oh and look who's turned up!!.."MC sidepiece" i full voice to rhatid!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
howzdat

Unread post

Allyuh pon top form :D

Well I am in sympathy if these continued reportings result in a premature retirement from the game. On a more general note I am bewildered when i stand watching impromptu games of cricket being played by folks of all ages and see that chucking is par for the course! My brothers and I as well all our boyhood mates never, ever chucked. I can only surmise that while this bent elbow flinging business isn't a modern phenomena, it sure as hell is a lot more common. Being an old fashioned sort, I call it plain and simple cheating.

Sometimes as I watch I wonder at when this tendency creeps into a persons game. We started off mainly bowling underarm; playing on concrete or in some field. For spin, we used our fingers and wrists; the boys who wanted to be quick would mainly aim for speed, accuracy and the surprise slower ball and a bit of cutting the fingers across the ball. If anyone chucked we would simply walk away from the wicket and everyone on either side would 'call him' and it would soon stop! We then simply transferred these skills to the overarm game. Plain and simple.

The period I am referring to here is the formative years of a human developing bio-mechanical skills. Together which we didn't see our idols chucking, so we sure as hell weren't gonna chuck. So herein lies another contributory factor in that a lot of youngsters are not really registering what their eyes are seeing.

Another thing I have noticed is that even pre-teens are playing on 22 yards. Yes we did whenever we felt like measuring it out; but I see that the distance between wickets is obviously too much form some children and so pelting in order to get the ball to the other end results.

And also many of nowadays children are plain and simple 'paggalee' :lol: when it comes to throwing and catching. It is such a laugh fuh see the poses that some of them does mek when trying to catch and throw. Lawd talk about laugh, howz dat i does laugh :P
Last edited by howzdat on Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.