**** Narine Bowling action reported ****

West Indies cricket discussions
Gils

Unread post

Last edited by Gils on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gils

Unread post

Mail wrote:
Gils wrote:ICC say, no more chucking.

Just when I was getting use to it......
Ha ha ha.... now that is funny.

However there is an important point in this hilarity as for those of a certain age, they will know no better and perhaps wonder what is all the fuss about!!!
You have to laugh, IMO Murali chucked everything but ICC said his wrist rotation went beyond 130° or something.

That was fair enough but now bowlers with no worse actions get called left, right and centre after years of international cricket smh.

That cant help with perception to casual observers, nows it probably looks like anything goes, closed shop style.
Mail

Unread post

We are not disagreeing and now Botha is calling for a 20-25 degree flex!!!!!

What next eh?

My point is younger followers would see the 'chucking' as normal.

Murali has a lot to answer for but Croft did look as a chucker on occasions!
Gils

Unread post

for younger fans T20 is normal cricket

I couldn't stand Crofts far from fluid action but with the advent of rule changes and 4 over bowlers he wouldn't look out of place now.

" Things aint what they use to be " = change is the only constant, in cricket as in life.
Mail

Unread post

That is true apropos T20.

However my main point is that, for the younger cricketers, spinners questionable actions are the norm.

Change does not always mean good change.
Gils

Unread post

It is inevitable though, so I see no point fighting it.

They wanna let Murali " bowl " cool, ban Shilly and Narine, be my guest ICC its your game.

I'll try to enjoy what I think is good and let them sweat the changes.
Last edited by Gils on Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gils

Unread post

Duplicate
Last edited by Gils on Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gils

Unread post

Mail

Unread post

Gils,

Are you on those drugs again mate? lol
Colin Benjamin

Unread post

My take on these disturbing Narine developments is this:

I aint 100% sure is a plot as some have sugested, although you could never be sure with India. One thing is for sure, a lot of bowlers for a long time has been chucking for a whiles since ICC set up that 15 degree rule thing. Ajmal was the chief culprit, so I glad ICC start the crackdown, since it was becoming a global joke.

Umpires now clearly have been told to be brave enough & call any bowler who they think looking iffy in their eyes.

The umpires could still be wrong, once Narine goes is tested we could hear that his other deliveries outside the quicker ball. Cause Narine along with Ashwin is the two "mystery spinners" in the game who I would say bowl with clean action.

Speaking to some of my India media friends, some have even suggested that the BCCI has rested Ashwin from the current ODI series vs India because they want to heat on mystery spinners to cool down, before he plays again.

Narine also should stop bowling with long sleeves.