**** Narine Bowling action reported ****

West Indies cricket discussions
Gils

Unread post

Mail wrote:Gils,

Are you on those drugs again mate? lol
Just a temperamental smartphone with a 10 cm squared text box and 25 cm squared keyboard ;)

:?: Again, you know me from anywhere Mail.
Mail

Unread post

Gils,

I got you mate....

CB,

I have developed little trust for the BCCI in recent times and your source may be right about Ashwin.
mikesiva

Unread post

Colin Benjamin wrote:My take on these disturbing Narine developments is this:

I aint 100% sure is a plot as some have sugested, although you could never be sure with India. One thing is for sure, a lot of bowlers for a long time has been chucking for a whiles since ICC set up that 15 degree rule thing. Ajmal was the chief culprit, so I glad ICC start the crackdown, since it was becoming a global joke.

Umpires now clearly have been told to be brave enough & call any bowler who they think looking iffy in their eyes.

The umpires could still be wrong, once Narine goes is tested we could hear that his other deliveries outside the quicker ball. Cause Narine along with Ashwin is the two "mystery spinners" in the game who I would say bowl with clean action.

Speaking to some of my India media friends, some have even suggested that the BCCI has rested Ashwin from the current ODI series vs India because they want to heat on mystery spinners to cool down, before he plays again.

Narine also should stop bowling with long sleeves.
I'm not so confident about Narine...I think his action may need a lot of work.

I've just finished re-watching my recording of the KKR-Dolphins match, and almost every slo-mo replay they showed of Narine had his arm starting off bent, and straightening on delivery, including his first wicket in that match.

As for Ashwin, in the Champions League he bowled in short sleeves, so he may just be okay. But India don't need him to beat our guys...they just need to field their A team!
Mail

Unread post

Mikey,

I might be wrong but you, by your comments, are very anti Narine for some reason so a bit of objectivity might be missing. Apologies if I have got this wrong.

I have neither seen the Super over nor the faster ball in the CL to which you refer and whilst I prefer a straight/ round armed traditional action, I have seen nothing wrong with Narine's.

I believe, subject to correction, both Sunil and Cooper were called during the domestic competition and cleared in 2011.

To this end I do not think Narine will need either a lot of work or any at all. I think Narine has been caught up in this ICC furore.
Last edited by Mail on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mail

Unread post

Do we know of what tests/ works is being undertaken with Sunil right now?

Has he been sent to Australia?
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote: I'm not so confident about Narine...I think his action may need a lot of work.

I've just finished re-watching my recording of the KKR-Dolphins match, and almost every slo-mo replay they showed of Narine had his arm starting off bent, and straightening on delivery, including his first wicket in that match.

As for Ashwin, in the Champions League he bowled in short sleeves, so he may just be okay. But India don't need him to beat our guys...they just need to field their A team!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OH GOSH MR ENGLAND ALWAYS SEEMS TO PUT HIS SHOE IN HIS OWN BIG MOUTH DOESN'T HE? :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFRO

Unread post

Mail wrote:Mikey,

I might be wrong but you, by your comments, are very anti Narine for some reason so a bit of objectivity might be missing. Apologies if I have got this wrong.

I have not seen the Super over and faster ball in the CL to which you refer and whilst I prefer a straight/ round armed traditional action, I have seen nothing wrong with Narine's.

I believe, subject to correction, both Sunil and Cooper were called during the domestic competition and cleared.

To this end I do not think Narine will need either a lot of work or any at all. I think Narine has been caught up in this ICC furore.
Mail that old, bumbling fool has a history of being anti Narine...he's bitter because his boyfriend Nikita Miller has been totally left in the dust by Sunil so any chance he gets he tries to smear him...he was even CAUGHT IN A LIE when he went around trying to claim that "Rawl Lewis had better test figures than Narine"....only to then to be told that he was confusing Rawl's ODI FIGURES with his test ones!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's nothing but a phony mate and doesn't really know anything about caribbean cricket...his true passion is athletics...cricket is something he tries to hang onto because he's desperate to be caribbean even though he has no roots in the caribbean, wasn't born here and has spent most of his life in england 8-) .
Mail

Unread post

AFRO,

Do we know what is happening with Narine right now?
AFRO

Unread post

Mail wrote:AFRO,

Do we know what is happening with Narine right now?
He's taking a break (very upset and feels like he's been wronged)..more news should come out but what is clear is Sunil is bitter and is very keen to get his named cleared. Plans are being put in place to get him to Australia and get the whole process done. If his action passes then playing a few games for Trinidad before the South Africa series is possible i guess.
mikesiva

Unread post

You can say what you want, but from what I could see, nearly every Narine delivery had a bent arm straightening to me...that's the way I see it, and if you want to call it personal bias, then you're free to keep your blinkers on.
8-)
The debate is whether Narine's arm straightening falls within the 15 degrees or not, and that's what the tests will determine. But it's funny...when you guys were calling Shilly a pelter, personal bias suddenly didn't come into it!
:mrgreen:
My view has always been consistent...play the pelter, whether it's Shilly or Narine, as long as possible, until he's eventually called, because that's what Pakistan did with Ajmal. Now that they've both been called, it's time to move on.

But I believe Narine has a lot of work to do, and I'm not so sure he'll be the same bowler when he comes back...we'll see. I never saw him as a serious Test bowler anyway. Narine was always just a limited overs bowler to me.