**** Narine Bowling action reported ****

West Indies cricket discussions
Googley

Unread post

AFRO wrote:
Mail wrote:AFRO,

Do we know what is happening with Narine right now?
He's taking a break (very upset and feels like he's been wronged)..more news should come out but what is clear is Sunil is bitter and is very keen to get his named cleared. Plans are being put in place to get him to Australia and get the whole process done. If his action passes then playing a few games for Trinidad before the South Africa series is possible i guess.

so if I am reading this correctly, he is having an independent test done of his bowling action?

or is this an ICC facility?
Mail

Unread post

I think CL tournament rules suggested the BCCI should have tested him.

Someone might want to clarify, but if that is true then I am sure he would not want the Indians to be anywhere near him.
Mail

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:You can say what you want, but from what I could see, nearly every Narine delivery had a bent arm straightening to me...that's the way I see it, and if you want to call it personal bias, then you're free to keep your blinkers on.
8-)
The debate is whether Narine's arm straightening falls within the 15 degrees or not, and that's what the tests will determine. But it's funny...when you guys were calling Shilly a pelter, personal bias suddenly didn't come into it!
:mrgreen:
My view has always been consistent...play the pelter, whether it's Shilly or Narine, as long as possible, until he's eventually called, because that's what Pakistan did with Ajmal. Now that they've both been called, it's time to move on.

But I believe Narine has a lot of work to do, and I'm not so sure he'll be the same bowler when he comes back...we'll see. I never saw him as a serious Test bowler anyway. Narine was always just a limited overs bowler to me.

You point on Shilly is very well taken, however we had clear evidence about Shilly since he was about 19.

You are quite entitled to your opinion and you explain the criteria for assessing the angles well. I think, even I, acknowledged Shilly's chuck but continued to wish him well. From my view point I had a balanced view and I think most did.

The difference might be Mikey, you do not appear to show any compassion or encouragement for Sunil.

All said you are entitled not to be a fan although he is one of yours.

On a slightly different point I know Miller is very prolific in the FC competition but when he has played tests he has looked ordinary. That is not just my view but that of many evidenced in the imperial measures.

For ODI's and T20s Miller is not the worse punt you can make but I am not sure the selectors have him in the top 3 contenders.

Given Sunil's unavailability, Miller could have been more effective than a Sammy. In his last couple of ODIs he played he was ok.
AFRO

Unread post

Googley wrote:
so if I am reading this correctly, he is having an independent test done of his bowling action?

or is this an ICC facility?
He's gonna be tested in Australia like Ajmal was...i do believe it's icc linked.
Mail

Unread post

Ah ok.... Wish him the best.
mikesiva

Unread post

"The West Indies Cricket Board today advised that Sunil Narine had requested that he be permitted to take full responsibility for the rehabilitation of his bowling action. The WICB respects and agreed to Narine’s decision and looks forward to his return to international cricket at the earliest opportunity. Narine is currently engaged in remedial work in his native Trinidad and Tobago."

http://www.windiescricket.com/news/suni ... ion-update" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read between the lines...Narine doesn't want the WICB involved in his remedial work. That means that his rehab is being overseen and directed by Kolkata. Narine knows which side of his bread is buttered....
8-)
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:"The West Indies Cricket Board today advised that Sunil Narine had requested that he be permitted to take full responsibility for the rehabilitation of his bowling action. The WICB respects and agreed to Narine’s decision and looks forward to his return to international cricket at the earliest opportunity. Narine is currently engaged in remedial work in his native Trinidad and Tobago."

http://www.windiescricket.com/news/suni ... ion-update" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read between the lines...Narine doesn't want the WICB involved in his remedial work. That means that his rehab is being overseen and directed by Kolkata. Narine knows which side of his bread is buttered....
8-)
You tink he don't know your fathers country man dem stitched him up? keep dreaming mikeLIAR!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
bossman19TT

Unread post

So Hafeez was found to have an illegal action today...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/co ... 07285.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In de past year we have SL, WI, Zim & Pak bowlers all gettin called recently, all from 'second' tier nations in international cricket... and not one from any of de big nations Ind/Eng/Aus/SA?

Dis chuckin 'campaign' really is a joke :roll:
mikesiva

Unread post

bossman19TT wrote:So Hafeez was found to have an illegal action today...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/co ... 07285.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In de past year we have SL, WI, Zim & Pak bowlers all gettin called recently, all from 'second' tier nations in international cricket... and not one from any of de big nations Ind/Eng/Aus/SA?

Dis chuckin 'campaign' really is a joke :roll:
I think Botha had been called in the past, so that leaves India, England and Australia. Interesting, that those are the three countries who now run the ICC. And some folks on this MB said that it would be a good idea to give up all the power to those three...see what licky-licky behaviour get you?
:ugeek:
Mail

Unread post

Mikey,

I believe Botha was called and cleared but he is a clear chucker to me.

I am not sure what point you are aiming to make Mikey.

Which England or Australian spinners/ bowlers have suspect actions in your view?

For India it is arguable about Ashwin but do you think he or any other Indians are chuckers?