**** Narine Bowling action reported ****

West Indies cricket discussions
Mail

Unread post

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spee ... 834695.cms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I am surprised at is he has been reported by Indian umpires in India!
Mail

Unread post

http://www.espncricinfo.com/champions-l ... 85827.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Further report.
BallOil

Unread post

It was just a matter of time with all the reporting going on..
BallOil

Unread post

How will this impact Sunil's selection for the ODIs in India?
Mail

Unread post

He is on the warning list so he can continue playing unless he is reported a second time at which point I think the BCCI will have to test him.
BallOil

Unread post

Thanks Mail... I wonder if this is a preemptive strike to dodge Narine in the upcoming ODIs?
Mail

Unread post

I would not out rule that out but he is vital to their IPL, which I assume is an ICC sanctioned competition.
mikesiva

Unread post

Thanks for this, Mail....

"Under CLT20 guidelines, Narine may request for an official assessment from the BCCI's suspect bowling action committee. Narine has been placed on the tournament's 'warning list' but will still be able to play. However, if he is reported again while still on the warning list, he will be suspended from bowling for the remainder of the tournament....Being reported in the CLT20 has no impact on a bowler's participation in international cricket."
AFRO

Unread post

It don't change anything..all sunny needs to do is slow down the "quicker" delivery or don't bowl it at all. He used the ball quite a bit in the "super over maiden" and i guess he lacks proper control with it. He doesn't bowl it in test cricket though so it shouldn't be a problem...it's not the carrom ball or any of his various tricks that he uses so no new action needed.
BallOil

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:Thanks for this, Mail....

"Under CLT20 guidelines, Narine may request for an official assessment from the BCCI's suspect bowling action committee. Narine has been placed on the tournament's 'warning list' but will still be able to play. However, if he is reported again while still on the warning list, he will be suspended from bowling for the remainder of the tournament....Being reported in the CLT20 has no impact on a bowler's participation in international cricket."
What would stop the ICC umpire from reporting him in the ODIs? Maybe they messing with him ...