Kraigg Brathwaite

West Indies cricket discussions
mapoui2

Unread post

Gils wrote:If career averages mean very little you should have no trouble explaining what has a higher value !

(lol Don't bother waste your time)
numbers help tell what has happened and are guideline for what may happen. numbers are not the arbiter of truth.
I expect more from Paint. I don't think he is as good as Greenidge or Haynes but I do think on close examination of his career so far he has something to give that is good for the west indies.

for example I want to know the innards of this seasons 5 tests to determine in particularly what happened against the Oz before I judge those last 2 tests

also it is not that Paint is in close contention for a place on the west indies team, against better players...and he is being favorably maintained against these, and that he is just average or worse, as your analysis tries to demonstrate

indeed Paint is the best we have and it pays to determine just what we have in him..particularly as such determination also exposes much of what is going in west indies cricket behind the scenes like the quality of our cricket management and what their work proposes to result in for the west indies

you behave as if I am a forriner working for our enemies.. not a west indian trying to squeeze out all value we may have in order to make better our effort at survival in a very important angle, aspect or area of and in our existential mix or process.

I see against some top class opposition there may be facts that suggest Paint may indeed be better than his total on paper failure suggests. so I look into it. again...Paint is the best we have
Gils

Unread post

numbers are not the arbiter of truth.
And you have yet to show which metric carries a greater weighting than career avg.

There is no mention of any final arbiter of truth in any of the scorecards I've ever read so I'll stick with averages, like every one else.
there may be facts that suggest Paint may indeed be better than his total on paper
:lol: :lol: " better than his total on paper " lol sweet, but you are yet to show this.

Greenidge averaged 45 in ODI's, Haynes 41. KB averages 34 in list A and now 33.85 in tests, just combining names into a sentence doesn't make them comparable.
mapoui2

Unread post

question..where did the war come from?

I did not start a war with you..and we supposed to have the same interest here!

I am not fighting you over paint. he is still what 23 years old..in a team that is nowhere near the quality of team Greenidge graduated into. I am looking to see what it is with current west indian players and selector/Coaching policy..which I disagree with as far as I can see it

I don't see how the adversarial nouse that has shown up here helps. you wont get a fight from me on this
Gils

Unread post

I tell you KB's average is below confirmed, by you, international mediocrity Marlon Samuels.

You reply that I should look to " Greendige in 74 " for instruction on his future progress & " he's better than his numbers " . and then wonder why you feel threatened. You good yes :!:

Your alternate reality is all well and good - until you try to package and sell it me - but back in the real world a 33.82 ave means exactly that :!: .
Last edited by Gils on Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gils

Unread post

Furthermore you claim to be anti religion but then expect your particular line of leap of faith BS to get a pass :geek: .

" better than his average " = Mental dullness :ugeek: .

I think it's better if you step to matey with your have belief mantra, and miss me altogether :!:
mapoui2

Unread post

man you are missing so many nuances..not getting my take on the issue fully.

I am not so sure this Oz test series is taken as it shud be. I am a bit reluctant to judge the players on this performance. I am reluctant to write Paint off on this 'failure' I do think there is more to him that he will get better in a year or 2 and be able to deal with the Oz

I don't know what you are fighting...not me for sure. I initiated no war with you on this..we are discussing west indian players scrunging out hope from a dismal result looking to the future..at least I am. I am not in Ukraine or Yemen but abut the west indies. its cricket not hostilities. and you take the wrong aspects of all I have said

Greenidge went to Oz and failed after a good India series. Oz was Greenidges waterloo...he scored a ton there..just 1... during his last test series in that location..in the very last test of that series, the very last he played in Oz...
I am suggesting by that example we may hold off on Paints current failure..that he may be better. you want to kill me for that..... go ahead if you can.

you suggest that by average we already know Paint is no good. you may be right..I did not say you are not. I am hoping that my scrunging take turns out to be right
Gils

Unread post

Last thursday on this very thread you said of yourself " I don't know for certain the state of readiness, preparedness of the west indies."

But today it is I who miss the nuance. I, as the OP, who posted his average on 14th/6/2015, an average which has not changed since that time. What you call nuance I call alternate reality :!: .

An alternate reality which his 33.85 average bears no relationship to.
mapoui2

Unread post

we are not connected GILS.

you miss my points, or rather you interpret what I say the way you want. what I actually say becomes what you think I said

deliberately or otherwise you do not respond as if you understand what I say. I end up behind trying to explain what I did in fact say.

there was a time when I was keen to explain to facilitate talk...you are after all west indian and we are theoretically at least dealing with out collective issues here.

not anymore Gils. I am not interested anymore. you don't understand what I said/say there is no basis for talk...communication is not satisfied and that's that..

time to move on
Gils

Unread post

you don't understand what I said/say
And you don't seem to understand I'm not religious or receptive to the alternate reality you've been pushing.

FYFI, it's not matey you're talking to, the level of intellect is different so you are advised to consider this beforehand, or maybe it would be easier for all concerned if you just ignore me and my failure to understand the nuance in a 33.85 average.
Last edited by Gils on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
mapoui2

Unread post

Gils wrote:
you don't understand what I said/say
And you don't seem to understand I'm not religious or receptive to the alternate reality you've been pushing.

FYFI, it's not matey you're talking to, the level of intellect is different so you are advised to consider this beforehand or maybe it would be easier for all concerned if you just ignore me and the nuance of a 33.85 average I don't understand altogether

that is your right man! I have mine..to say what I believe to be true.ok! you even free to add it to a thread of mine or to posts I make.

and of course if I see your points of view to be nonsense and irrelevant I will simply treat them as such