BWICBC

West Indies cricket discussions
POINT

Unread post

As I have stated here and elsewhere , the WICBC is devoid of anyone with any semblance of Business Acumen . Obviously if as has been reported , YOU give a Group of people a long term
Contract , it definitely implies that you have absolutely no hope that Our Players , are going to
improve ; hence the long term Contract while you fatten your Bank Account , regardless of the
viability of the Deal & the performances of the Teams .
POINT

Unread post

BTW , I am not a fan of this BWICBC , too many letters in that acronym . My choice for the new
Entity , is CWI , which is the acronym for CRICKET WEST INDIES . WE have had enough of this Control B.S . and is linked too much with the past , which was steeped in mediocrity . After his elevation to being El Supremo , Cameron brought back the C in the WICB , and that C stands for
Control . Hurrah for the MIMIC MEN .
Gils

Unread post

the WICBC is devoid of anyone with any semblance of Business Acumen
I wouldn't say that.

It seems to me more than a few Caribbean individuals with some measure of success outside of BWI cricket enter the fold after which whatever skill or enthusiasm they bring is some how negated.

But how much business acumen is needed to ask for yet another ICC development grant.
Gils

Unread post

POINT wrote:BTW , I am not a fan of this BWICBC , too many letters in that acronym . My choice for the new
Entity , is CWI , which is the acronym for CRICKET WEST INDIES . WE have had enough of this Control B.S . and is linked too much with the past , which was steeped in mediocrity . After his elevation to being El Supremo , Cameron brought back the C in the WICB , and that C stands for
Control . Hurrah for the MIMIC MEN .
Buccanneers With the Intention to Continue Backra Culture - Point, I understand - but Its really the sentiment that counts for me more than anything else :lol:

If you notice the long form it's actually BWICBC 1st XI - because I support International status for International Caribbean teams.
mikesiva

Unread post

'Vice Chancellor of the University of the West Indies Professor Sir Hilary Beckles has urged the West Indies Cricket Board to implement the most crucial reform aspect of the Patterson Report....“There are two balls left to face, one is to accept the governance reform that calls for the Council of Stakeholders as set out in the Patterson Report, and the other is to recognise that by accepting the governance interdependence of cricket and society is not to lose autonomy."'

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Sir- ... form_56928" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Come on, buccaneers, it's time to go legit....
8-)
Gils

Unread post

Appearing to have fallen on deaf ears and with no little irony the professor has renewed his calls for the BWICBC to restructure “The entire culture of (West Indies) cricket needs to be rehabilitated,” added Professor Beckles.

http://thereadersbureau.com/professor-h ... s-cricket/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I presume the difference's between a province within a country and a nation are clear to all readers so i note that this year also saw Irish inter provisional cricket being awarded FC status, instantly putting teams like Leinster Lightning, Northern Knights and North West Warriors on a equal footing with all 6 national Caribbean cricket associations.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ireland/con ... 61711.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

David Richardson, the ICC chief executive, said: "Cricket Ireland's Inter-Provincial Championship is well structured and provides a clear pathway for players from under-age through to inter-provincial to the national team.

"The Championship is professionally run, played mainly in international standard venues and some games are live streamed and I'd like to commend Cricket Ireland on the work they have done to achieve first class domestic status."

Maybe I've missed something but Is it a question of if, or when, their inter provincial competition will go on to generate more spectators, TV revenue and commercial partners than the PCL :?:

Another observation of 2016 finds that ALL of the batsmen to average over 40 in TEST cricket for BWICBC 1st XI since the golden era - Ronnie Sarwan, Shiv*, Brian Lara, Chris Gayle have all been marginalised, and then forced out, by its backra policies so to see Darren Bravo now embroiled in such a trivial, and avoidable, incident should come as no surprise to those with a historical understanding of their socio political function in the region.

The suggestion that he previously asked for time away from cricket can somehow now be used against him as a tool to question his mental stability and need for counselling only reinforces this perception.
howzdat

Unread post

Thanks Gils, wonderfully observed feedback. They don't give a damn but for their own craving to gain & execute POWER at any cost.

Looking at BWICBC seems to fit the bill- British West Indian Craven Black Cult. They have learnt well! It is nothing but a Clan that wilfully undermines all it professes to hold dear. Guided by fear, their actions are incrementally destined to bring about the utter destruction of the game if they are not stopped and a new dispensation set in place. And I mean UTTER destruction.

Why? Not only are they blinded by their greed but they dread the day when they must depart (as all things that come into existence must do) after which another of their kind will sit at the top-table and wield Power for their own personal benefit. It is modern day Vampirism. They are our very own version of the Illuminati.
Gils

Unread post

Even parasites have a right to life, the six associations going it alone would in theory enable them to relocate to an even more suitable host - Antigua, it seems, would facilitate them lock, stock and barrel in a heartbeat while the high level politics played out within Bajan cricket could also be a suitable environment for the type of maneuvering they are well celebrated for producing.

Congratulations to Jimmy Adams on his appointment to the position of Director of cricket and best wishes for the upcoming challenges. Clearing up the fallout from the previous directors 19 historic changes to regional cricket would be a tremendous achievement in itself. Maintaining a respectful relationship with the the BWICBC and it's self interested mechanisms throughout his tenure would be a feat par excellence. A feat many great servants of Caribbean cricket before him failed to accomplish, and so one I will not judge him too harshly on should he also fail.

From a objective position, I would say this is a sensible appointment - which is very un BWICBC like - then add that it came about as a result of tRicKy dicK pyBus stepping down. Or was that, like Mr More head, to a more comfortable position at the trough :?:

Fundamentally it has been proved time and time again that whatever the chosen field of endeavor may be, success is more commonly realised when process' are observed over and above personality, not the other way around...which is why no amount of new captain, new coach, new president or new director of cricket has, can or will ever, change a culture that spans decades.
howzdat

Unread post

Ah well, another cricketer who failed to lift an ailing West Indies team during his playing days has been elected to a prominent role @ the BWICBC! One could argue that these 'picks' perpetuate the tendency to 'place' persons whose primary qualification is GRATITUDE.

According to cricinfo:
December 14, 2016 - Former West Indies cricketer Travis Dowlin has been added to the selection panel of the West Indies Cricket Board and will begin official duties from January 1. He joins Courtney Browne, Eldine Baptiste and Lockhart Sebastien to complete the panel.

Dowlin hails from Guyana and represented them from 1997 to 2011, including as a captain in the 2009 season. He played 85 first-class matches, scoring 4,013 runs at an average of 30.7. His international career lasted one year, during which he played 6 Tests, 11 ODIs, and two T20Is when West Indies cricket was transitioning following a fallout between the board and players. He scored one ODI century and three Test fifties during his short stint as an international cricketer.

Since his retirement in 2011, Dowlin has been a cricket analyst, most recently as a member of the radio commentary panels for the Caribbean Premier League and the tri-series involving West Indies, Australia and South Africa earlier this year. Dowlin, who holds a Diploma in Communications, is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Communications at the University of Guyana.
I guess that the jury is on a watching brief as to whether the appointment of Travis Montague Dowlin as a new selector @ the BWICBC is a bit like fixing a split dowel into a collapsing woodpile. Anyway, I give the brother props for his pursuit of a degree.
Gils

Unread post

So 50 % of the stakeholders have now officially turned their back on BWICBC cricket. With no definitive plan laid out to reengage them the claim to be a regional institution is left with a hollow ring to it.

" When we go to the governments in the region, they’re all begging (for) West Indies cricket, except Jamaica and that is a reality.” Stated the BWICBC president while announcing Antigua and Barbuda will be the new home of BWICBC developmental infrastructure, the high performance centre and the centre of training cricket.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/spor ... al-cricket" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

It should be noted that attending FANS stay away in ALL territories, no matter how much their governments may beg for BWI cricket. This of course will not be a problem should the aim simply be to fill Antiguas stadia with Indian, Australian and English tourists for the majority of BWI's home match's.

Yes, all these other governments may actually beg for BWI cricket, competing among themselves for further decreasing dates in the calender, :?: but without attending supporters who's interests are being met.