BWICBC

West Indies cricket discussions
howzdat

Unread post

What a sad indictment on the state of the game! Never would have been the case when I was growing up! And that is even in the late sixties and early seventies before the Lloyd era.
Googley

Unread post

gone are the days when people are excited about WI cricket, muchless name their kids after the greats. How many kids name Rohan and Gary?!! Even Chanderpaul was named after a cricketer (Shivnarine)
howzdat

Unread post

Very interesting point Googs.

Amongst the names my father chose for his children are three - Garfield, Solomon & Learie - that speak volumes of his own love for the game. It is also arguable that such choices reflect that in days gone by the game of cricket was a direct source from which the man in the street drew inspiration for himself and pointed at for future generations to look back upon and see the stock from which it was birthed.

The administrators with their narrow minded selfishness and small nation mentalities are doing their utmost to drive a wedge between the people and their game but I am glad that in my lifetime I witnessed US West Indians walking on to field of play as true Champions.

As I grow older I pray that somewhere in the region unbeknown to us old-tmers who are bemoaning the Windies fall there is a yearning for excellence and an indomitable spirit gathering strength in the cricketing heart's of young men and women from which WI shall once again bless the worldwide cricketing loving public with visions of the game played as only WI can! I might not live to see it but I pray!

Anyway back to the naming business, while I did not have the personal courage to name any of my sons after myself (which would have also been after my father) I did name one after a cricketer. Rohan!
Gils

Unread post

The on-going Carry come affair has highlighted some ideological differences regarding bwicbc’s function within the region and the nature of the two organisations opposing socio political objectives.

Todays conflict has its roots, I believe, in the cancelled tour in India and seems to have a will of its own that propels the story along regardless of the ever changing objectives and cast of characters involved, so instead of trying to make predictions for the future I will reveiw what has already taken place.

Historically, it has long been established that the financial imperatives of bwicbc home series are planned primarily on the movement of foreign nationals around the region during high season which although, good for Caricom finances, also compromises bwicbcs custodial and often pontificated duty to use cricket as unifying element among its english speaking constituents.

Events on the ground reveal a visibly foreign first strategy which has seen home series vs Australia, England and India characterised, for nearly two decades, by a sparsity of Caribbean nationals at the grounds during Test and ODI fixtures.

Much like the domestic PCL and the Super 50 tournaments, the participation of nationals within bwicbc events doesn’t seem to be a priority, while the monetary benefits of said association clearly do not extend themselves universally among all members or we would have all been spared the inadequate ground equipment used at Sabina Park during its historical 50th Test Match.

With no sense of irony, Its not a very effective PR exercise* when the presidente is lauding the companys accomplishment in turning a rare financial profit while the on field product continues to stagnate, alongside the standard of umpiring, pitches, cricket, facilities and player relations.

These observations extend far beyond loyalty and commitment, the effects of BCCI / IPL finance on BWI schedules for domestic and international dates or the skillsets of any particular individual residing at factories rd – from its apex all the way down to those who are simply close to the action.

So with that being said I wouldn’t assume any one response to this query would convey the complexities involved when observing, that by repeatedly appointing foreign nationals to high profile positions within its organisation in Graves, Radford and now Pybus twice, have the British West Indian cricket authorities already turned their back on the region. :?:

* Yes, you've guessed it. The PR company the bwicbc employ are also English :!:
Gils

Unread post

As evidenced by his latest excuses on cwi's shitty product, It is now beyond all reasonable doubt that El presidente, tefLon dAve aka the bIg eidjat has no clue....or really does take you all for fools.

" we only have female PE teachers, which is a problem. Most of them don't know cricket.

The game of cricket is very complicated. They don't know the history and neither are they interested. That becomes an issue. When we went to school, most of our PE teachers, if not all, were male. So they coach cricket, football, track and field, and we're not getting that anymore. "

Are we then to believe the foundational skills that underpin both batting and bowling cannot be honed, as implied, oustide of a full size cricket pitch :?:

Female PE teachers :P factual or not this would be an issue beyond the buccaneers control so essentially he shows the limitations in his organistaions ability to harness the sovereign resources of its largest member, and has then used it as the justification to expand the bureau.

" The ICC is doing a programme called Project Wildfire, which is trying to find games that are just fun for youngsters, to get people interested in the game, even at a higher level - beach-type cricket, whatever it is, just to get people playing the game. If you're good enough, and want to be serious about it, you can go on. I think that is what cricket lacks," Cameron said.

Beach cricket I believe, is not a new idea or " what cricket lacks " so this scheme can only be tailored to satisfy trough dwellers and gullible believers http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/spor ... et-cameron" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Last edited by Gils on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gils

Unread post

Proper jokes :!:

The Windwards just won the super 50 while Guyana have won the R4d four years in a row, do they have a higher percentage of female PE teachers.........will the numbers behind this scientific research, and the methods used to arrive at them, be made available to the public :geek:

Better yet, how did Jamaica win 5 R4d's in a row with so many female PE teachers. Chupes :!:
Googley

Unread post

hahahahaha!! plenty female PE teachers in the mudland, Gils!

plenty! :lol: :lol:
Gils

Unread post

Will the soup drinkers, benefit adventurers and assorted hangers on see fit to challenge Caricom's latest observations :?:

" it is not just the economic imperatives of Caricom that have suffered, but there have been some serious cultural and political issues. He stressed that at the root of the 15-member regional bloc's problem is insularity, a parochial mind-set, mistrust and jealousy, “all neatly wrapped up in some inward-looking concept of sovereignty”.

Is too many women PE Teachers in Jamaica one of these cultural issues, were tEfloN dAve's comments politically motivated or an honest assessment after three consecutive terms :?:

The Governance Review panel had assessed West Indies cricket as a “public good managed by a private company.”

Here Caricom is telling you the very same thing many others have said for some time now.

Caricoms review panel, headed by Professor Eudine Barriteau has already gone on record to label the bandits as “antiquated”, “obsolete” and “anachronistic”, and asked for the “immediate dissolution of the West Indies Cricket Board and the appointment of an Interim Board "

I concur, but would add vindictive, disingenuous and small minded to that list. Caricom leaders appear set on their course and are due to meet the international cricket crooks in London next month, let the fun commence....
Gils

Unread post

Somewhere along the journey BWI cricket lost its way...

Coach Law to Player A : Just go out and play your natural game, son.

Player A : Yes Coach. Once dismissed the coach turns his attention to player B.

Coach Law : Just go out and play your natural game, son.

Player B : Yes coach, but (Insert Island) dont play draw cricket......

Its no wonder the players look like they have an identiy crisis.

Meanwhile, the buccaneers have moved to bolster its administrative influence, rather than a competitive product with spectator interest.

“We have had a number of withdrawals in recent times and it has severely impacted on the Selection Panel’s ability to choose a settled squad for international matches,” said Adams.

“Going forward, this is one of the areas that the Technical Committee will have to adjudicate upon to bring more balance to the situation.

“The Directors’ decision to form a Technical Committee will allow for a more robust and efficient process to decide on player eligibility, player contract gradings and the awarding of NOCs.”

http://cricketwestindies.org/index.php/ ... committee/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
perpetual growth is the creed of the cancer cell
Professor Paul Ehrlich, The Population Bomb, published 1968.
Gils

Unread post

Somewhere along the journey BWI cricket lost its way...
The South African fielding coach / stand in head coach has so far been unable to positively effect the 'mental weakness BWICBC select XI's are burdened with. (He also failed to inspire any semblance of the Calypso Cricket he may have heard about during his time in Antigua)

It would be insightful to hear why stand Cappo Brathwaite also failed, in J Holders absence, to raise his charges to any acceptable level of performance. More so in light of the praise heaped on this very same XI by the departing Australian coach. :lol: :lol:

Maybe they got mentally weak when they found out the Aussie was leaving ........

The irony of Brathwaites comments not 3 weeks after Dwayne Bravo tookweh himself from BWICBC affairs may have been missed by some.

Johnny B, the most internationally decorated West Indian cricketer, along with Chris Gayle, with the ability and self awareness to know he was a CHAMPION, then record a song to let the world know.

Yeah, the one unceremoniously run out of BWICBC cricket, and ridiculed by the majority of its *fans while the mentally weak were raised up on high.

How did that work out for you..........

Thank you so much Dwayne, may you enjoy the rest of your days in peace. Your efforts in white and maroon, your character and engaging nature will be sorely missed but not forgotten.

Walk good.