Cricketers failing drug tests

West Indies cricket discussions
mikesiva

Unread post

Gils wrote:
Unnu a expert in run weh - Mout fi talk lol
& legs use fi run weh, fram flag & antem - Coward, go look a union :!:
:lol: :lol:
I suppose Afro's going to claim that Maria Sharapova is Jamaican too...it seems his hatred of Jamaicans knows no bounds.
8-)
The reality is that Jamaica is the only Test-playing country applying the strict "whereabouts" testing required by WADA. India refuse to apply it, so that's why no Indians have missed three tests the way Russell has...the BCCI simply don't conduct random drug tests!

I have received no proof that the Eastern Caribbean cricket boards do either...Afro, do you have any proof that your dottie cricket boards conduct random whereabouts drug tests?

I know that their athletics boards do, but Caribbean athletics is far more stringent in these requirements than West Indies cricket. The fact that Russell is still allowed to play shows just how lax the WICB is in these matters....
mikesiva

Unread post

"The Jamaica Observer has learnt that the Independent Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel has set a hearing for March 23 at an undisclosed location for Jamaica and West Indies cricketer Andre Russell to answer charges of a whereabouts rule violation. However, it is unlikely that Russell, who has not been provisionally suspended, will attend that initial hearing as he is slated to represent the West Indies in the March 8-April 3 ICC World Twenty20 in India."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/An ... ring_54060" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AFRO

Unread post

Gils wrote:
Unnu a expert in run weh - Mout fi talk lol
& legs use fi run weh, fram flag & antem - Coward, go look a union :!:
Di lickle POODLE still barking? :D it's ok Girls...your master has arrived so you can go chase bone now like a good lickle puppy and let di man speak fi himself!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote: :lol: :lol:
I suppose Afro's going to claim that Maria Sharapova is Jamaican too...it seems his hatred of Jamaicans knows no bounds.
8-)
The reality is that Jamaica is the only Test-playing country applying the strict "whereabouts" testing required by WADA. India refuse to apply it, so that's why no Indians have missed three tests the way Russell has...the BCCI simply don't conduct random drug tests!

I have received no proof that the Eastern Caribbean cricket boards do either...Afro, do you have any proof that your dottie cricket boards conduct random whereabouts drug tests?

I know that their athletics boards do, but Caribbean athletics is far more stringent in these requirements than West Indies cricket. The fact that Russell is still allowed to play shows just how lax the WICB is in these matters....
"Sharapova"? :? Mike throwing him FELLOW EUROPEAN under di bus again? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bottom line is only JAMAICAN'S getting caught doping in di region old boy!!!..powell, Blake...nuff of di female runners dem like i stated...so di HISTORY is there duncy!!!..but of course you gine turn a blind eye just because dem come from your favourite holiday home and you love off that scandalous "sport" 8-) .
Gils

Unread post

do you have any proof that your dottie cricket boards conduct random whereabouts drug tests?
They have no use for drug testers because they don't even have sub regional match's :geek:

The best chance most will ever get to see a successful cricketer like Andre Russell is when they switch on the TV to watch the T20CWC.
POINT

Unread post

Perhaps some people perspective is different from mine . My belief is that in order to fail a Drug Test , A person has to have taken a Drug Test . Now if there is actual proof that Andre Russell
took a Drug Test and failed that Drug Test then , he is ineligible to be on to Play Cricket .

If on the other hand he has not taken a Drug Test , it is scurrilous, in my opinion , to brand Russell as failing a Drug Test . So far I have not heard that Russell took a blood Test and he failed
the Test . If anyone knows for a fact that Russell actually did take a Drug Test and failed let me
know ,and provide credible evidence that he passed or failed .
mikesiva

Unread post

In athletics, where they're much stricter on PEDs than in cricket, failure to participate in three drug tests is equivalent to failing a test....

This is a tale of two drug bans:

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Br ... ded-_60522" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Jamaican cricketer Odean Brown was yesterday suspended for 15 months by the Jamaica Anti-Doping Disciplinary panel after committing a whereabouts violation by missing three consecutive out-of-competition drug tests. The 34-year-old leg-spinner, who has represented the Jamaica senior team since February 2004, was not served the maximum 24-month ban and can return to competitive action on February 24, 2017. His suspension will be backdated and is effective from November 24, 2015, which in essence is a ninemonth ban. The bowler, who most recently played for Jamaica in March 2015, has taken 255 wickets in 67 first-class."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/srilanka/co ... 12617.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'Perera, the Sri Lanka wicketkeeper-batsman, is free to resume playing cricket with immediate effect after the ICC lifted the provisional suspension imposed on him for doping. The ICC said there was no decisive evidence that Perera, who was suspended in December 2015, had used performance-enhancing substances after a detailed examination of the Qatar-based testing facility's finding 19-Norandrostenedione - the banned substance - in Perera's sample. The withdrawal is the result of a sustained challenge from Perera's legal team, who according to the ICC "in a recent letter", had "suggested for the first time that the Qatar laboratory might have misidentified impurities in the samples as 19-Norandrostenedione, given the very low concentrations of that substance found in the samples".'

In one case, JADCO, which also runs drug tests in all other sports in Jamaica, including track and field, was pretty clear and straightforward. You miss a number of tests, and you're banned. But in the second case, I don't see the Sri Lankan drug-testing authority mentioned once. It seems that the ICC is taking a worryingly hands-on approach, and they're muddying the waters, almost looking for excuses not to ban Kusal. World cricket is not taking PEDs seriously at all...why isn't the ICC and the WICB forcing Andre Russell to face JADCO to answer similar charges to those faced by Odean Brown? Instead, he's allowed to play in the IPL, as if nothing has happened.

"It is a reminder that cricket cannot be lackadaisical about the risks of drug usage. Like baseball, it considers itself a predominantly skill-based game, in theory making the appeal of drugs far lower than in physical contact sports. Yet such complacency should be averted, especially in the age of Twenty20 cricket, when more attention is paid to power hitting and fielding. The issue of performance-enhancing drugs was barely raised during the recent World Twenty20. That was curious considering the situation of one of the West Indies’ leading players, the dynamic all-rounder Andre Russell. Before he thrived in the tournament, the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission announced that Russell had missed three drugs tests in a year, contravening World Anti-Doping Agency whereabouts rules, whereby athletes must tell their local agency where they will be for at least one hour each day. Six weeks on, Russell is still waiting for his date with the Jamaica Independent Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel. In the meantime, he has won the World T20, and is now playing for Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League. It is understood that it will take another three to four weeks just for a date to be set for his preliminary hearing."

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/sport/cr ... s-problem/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is just another reason why I prefer track and field athletics...they're far more serious about these issues than cricket right now.
mikesiva

Unread post

"allrounder Andre Russell has been banned for one year from cricket for a whereabouts clause violation by an independent anti-doping panel in Kingston. The ban is effective from January 31, 2017 and will last until January 30, 2018. The immediate impact of the ban is that Russell will not be able to play the Pakistan Super League in February and the IPL in April."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/ ... 80431.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
howzdat

Unread post

Serious business.
AFRO

Unread post

MEK MI READ DIS AGAIN!!!..YOU MEAN ONE OF MASSA MIKE'S "A TEAM" PLAYERS, STROKE YARDIE BOYFRIEND, HAS JUST BEEN BANNED FI DOPPING? :shock:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH TEK DAT YOU GREEDY SKUNT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ..WE WARNED YOU DAT YOUR SNEAKY, VINDICTIVE WAYS WOULD SOON CYATCH UP WITH YOUR RASS!!...YOU BEEN LYING TO SELECTORS TALKING ABOUT "YOUR KNEE BAD" AND THEN DI NEXT MINUTE WE TURN AROUND AND SEE YOU PLAYING IN ANOTHER FOREIGN CIRCUS!!..SO GO SIH DONG AND CHILL MY YUTE!!..YOUR CAREER DONE...NOBODY WAH DOPERS 8-)