R.I.P Tony Cozier

West Indies cricket discussions
howzdat

Unread post

Another of our childhood heroes has completed an innings.
Googley

Unread post

Cozier was the last of the WI great commentators/Cricket historian. A great ambassador for WI cricket. He will be missed by fans across the world, not just in the WI.

A true legend! RIP Coz!
mikesiva

Unread post

'The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) on Wednesday paid tribute to cricket writer and commentator Tony Cozier, describing him as the “voice of West Indies cricket”. Cozier, who had been ailing for some time, died Wednesday morning in Barbados. He was 75. “On behalf the WICB and the various stakeholders in West Indies Cricket we offer sincere condolences to his wife Jillian, his son Craig, his daughter Natalie, his grandchildren and other family and friends,” a WICB media release said.'

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/WI ... to-cricket" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I met him when he was covering that famous abandoned Test at Sabina...RIP.
howzdat

Unread post

Dem paying tribute, stuuuupppppssss :!: Story goes that they did everything that they could to get him off certain of our broadcasting outlets :roll: :roll: But that is a tale for another time.
badpepper

Unread post

Sad news. Cricket came to me late after a trip to Grenada. Tony was a big part of my learning. Never considered that I'd never hear him live again. Rest well. :cry:
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

Return of West Indies’ swagger would have delighted Tony Cozier

"... One thing felt missing from the opening Test against England – the lilting commentary of the legendary Bajan broadcaster ..."