Johnny Grave named WICB chief executive

West Indies cricket discussions
howzdat

Unread post

Johnny Grave named WICB chief executive.
The WICB has appointed Johnny Grave as its new chief executive. Grave, who is serving his notice period at the Professional Cricketers' Association in England, where he has been employed as commercial director for the last nine years, will assume the WICB role from February.

The position of the WICB CEO was left vacant once Michael Muirhead stepped down on October 14 last year, although he continued in the role until December at the request of the board.

Dave Cameron, the WICB president, said in a media release on Monday that Grave was a "unanimous choice" of the interview panel from a shortlist drawn up by global consultant PricewaterhouseCoopers.

The WICB stated that among the "top" priorities for Grave would include overseeing $40 million budget of the WICB with "an increased focus on player relations and improved performances on and off the field". Muirhead's tenure saw the board turn around its finances but also featured disputes with senior players over pay and selection.

"Johnny has a proven track record of success in his career to date and a huge amount of relevant experience and will add exceptional value to the organisation," Cameron said.

Grave, who will be based in Antigua, said he was excited by his next challenge. "I am genuinely excited by the opportunity of improving cricket at all levels within the region and am looking forward to working with the many stakeholders who are committed to the long-term development of West Indies Cricket."

Nagraj Gollapudi is a senior assistant editor at ESPNcricinfo
I wonder if Johnny will be & be allowed to be any good in the post :?: ... A lotta Johnny be's don't ya'll think? Reminds me of tunes like Johnny Was by Bob Marley & The Wailers, and Johnny B Goode by Peter Tosh.

Johnny Grave named WICB chief executive. Will he be any 'good' as WICB chief executive?
mikesiva

Unread post

Johnny will have to be very good in this den of vipers....
:lol:
AFRO

Unread post

Saw him the other day. Very intelligent and knows his cricket from top to bottom. There was a whole bunch of quality candidates but Johnny's experience in dealing with finances, working at a county for several years and also a players association were the main factors in him getting the gig.

All in all there was some quality people filling some very important roles. I TOLD YOU after recent defeats di PM sat down and we decided that enough was enough..one way or another we were gonna FORCE some changes. And since then low and behold Simmo, RP and double M GAWN :D .

If you look at it Johnny, Jimmy and Law all have vast experience in county cricket and it's that kind of professionalism and structure that we're trying to emulate from top to bottom because as we know our golden period was when our players were schooled in those environments. As for Davey!!..him friends getting sacked all over di place but bwoy di man is a smart cookie!!..him trying to mek deals with di regional bosses dem all over di place to rhatid...but will it be enough to keep power in few months time? We'll see 8-) .
howzdat

Unread post

So allyuh read datzhow Johnners 'topbot' GraveY gets AFRO backing cos his (AFRO's) eyes dem now into 'seeing' intelligence. Say what :?: Well i discern that nothing aint gonna change anytime sooner than it will take me to count every penny that Johnny 'topbot' GraveY will end up laughing all the way from the $ank with as Windies look for the next turning corner. We will see...

Pardon? The Factory Road illuminati dem does give out the special edition Centurion Card nowadays so is no cash gonna pass hands :?: :!: Stuuuuuppppsss you wish :!:

btw Affers is Happy 2017 wishes to you & all your loved and admired one's including WICB new chief Executive aka Johnners 'topbot' GraveY who gets your backing and a warm welcome aboard the train.
Googley

Unread post

hahahahahahahaha!!

Howzy,

Once Afro backs Johnny, we will all be begging for Johnny to be good! :lol:
howzdat

Unread post

Hey Googs, You might be right but I can always trot out my homage to a real Johnny that is bound to set discerning feet shuffling a funky strut pon the beach, head fed and held higher than any kinda broadway stick :D :D :D.

Yes aye, is no way datz how my dreads dem will ever be loosened; so i will leave it to others to beg fuh Johnners 'topbot' GraveY to be a good WICB chief executive. Meanwhile, I wonder if Afro is part of Johnny's WICB official acclimatisation committee :?:

PS: :idea: Don't that bass riff mek you wanna go and listen to your Stanley Clarke albums?
mikesiva

Unread post

How does Johnny account for this fiasco?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Do ... ofile=1498" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cricket West Indies (CWI) Chief Medical Officer Dr Akshai Mansingh has resigned with immediate effect because of what he has described as an “untenable” working relationship with the board, mostly borne from incidents he views as obstructionist.

“More and more obstructions were being put in the way of its [the CWI medical panel's] functioning, so I felt the prudent thing to do was to resign,” said Dr Mansingh when contacted after the Jamaica Observer learned he had handed in his resignation yesterday.

This newspaper understands that the relationship between the CWI, presided over by Jamaican Whycliffe “Dave” Cameron, and some members of the medical panel has been sour for some time. However, matters came to a head when this weekend's planned conference in Trinidad and Tobago for all West Indies cricket's medical personnel was called off at the last minute.

“It was becoming untenable to work, and calling off this conference was probably the last straw,” Mansingh, an orthopaedic surgeon based in Jamaica, explained in an exclusive interview.

“With flight arrangements and hotel accommodation being made it was called off without explanation. That was reflective of difficulties some panel members were having,” the medical doctor continued.

President Cameron told the Observer yesterday that he is aware of Mansingh's resignation. However, when prompted for a comment he said: “I will not speak on the matter.”

Another Jamaican, Dr Donovan Bennett, who is chairman of the CWI medical panel, told this newspaper that more members are likely to join Mansingh.