1st Test: West Indies v Pakistan at Kingston on Apr 21-25, 2017
(10:00 local | 15:00 GMT | 16:00 BST)

2nd Test: West Indies v Pakistan at Bridgetown on Apr 30-May 4, 2017
(10:00 local | 14:00 GMT | 15:00 BST)

3rd Test: West Indies v Pakistan at Roseau on May 10-14, 2017
(10:00 local | 14:00 GMT | 15:00 BST)
mikesiva

Unread post

Test squad Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Ahmed Shehzad, Azhar Ali, Shan Masood, Babar Azam, Younis Khan, Asad Shafiq, Sarfraz Ahmed (wk & vice-capt), Usman Salahuddin, Yasir Shah, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Asghar, Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Abbas

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies ... 90118.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
howzdat

Unread post

howzdat wrote:That makes Kieran Pow-well-we-owe-him-a-pick dead certain for the next game ... Chris can keep resting his too stiff body.
And sometime later on ESPNCRICINFO STAFF write:

"... Powell, 27, last played Test cricket in 2014 and briefly quit cricket altogether not long afterward in a failed attempt to break into baseball in America. ... We are happy to be able to give a recall to Kieran Powell for one of the opening slots, although he did not have the best regional first-class season," Browne said. "He showed for the President's XI that his experience can add value to our team.

"West Indies cricket has invested heavily in him over the years and with the void of openers within the Caribbean, the panel felt a need to fast track him through our A-Team programme last year with a view in helping him to bridge that gap."

Now we wait to see how magnificently he will do in the Tests.
mikesiva

Unread post

WI squad for first Test
Jason Holder (capt), Devendra Bishoo, Jermaine Blackwood, Kraigg Brathwaite, Roston Chase, Miguel Cummins, Shane Dowrich (wk), Shannon Gabriel, Shimron Hetmyer, Shai Hope, Alzarri Joseph, Kieran Powell, Vishaul Singh

In: Shimron Hetmyer, Kieran Powell, Vishaul Singh

Out: Carlos Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Leon Johnson, Marlon Samuels, Jomel Warrican

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies ... 93069.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Googley

Unread post

who know who will soon come crowing about progressive movement, forward, blah blah blah....

trying to take credit for the changes in the team selection! :lol:
AFRO

Unread post

So dunces...guess which skunt just said this on another forum?
The worst thing about this Test team is that it's going to get crushed, and in the process become the first West Indies Test team to lose a home Test series against Pakistan....
Let me give you a hint...he's an ENGLISH, WANNABE SKUNT WHO IS BITTER THAT HIM SENIOR BOYFRIENDS GETTING SACKED ONE BY ONE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I told you skunts that di PM was in FULL CONTROL!!!..and now every team getting packed full of COTR STUDENTS to rhatid :D ...

This is what POWER brings you dunces!!!..I told you it's GUYANA AND BIM'S time now!!!..and if Blacky doan get him act together Yard won't even have a horse in di race to rass :mrgreen: .

And just wait!!..more COTR bwoys dem soon come!!!..Carty, Cariah, Reifer etc!!..and then POOgley gine really have something to STINK about!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
howzdat

Unread post

Did I miss something? Irregardless of who wrote it where, wasn't the quote exploring the possibility that the selected West Indies team could well be the first to lose a home series against Pakistan?

As for the capitalised reminder (again) that it is the "fishy, fishy, fly, fly & casareep tripe alignment time" a fat lot of good it seems to be delivering on the field of play insofar as Test cricket goes.

Sadly, COTR or whoever, I can well see how someone might reckon that West Indies losing this test series is more likely than them drawing it, but what do I know! We will have to wait and see.
AFRO

Unread post

Howzdat

That idiot is just bitter that Samuels has been dropped!!..that's why he's bawling him eyes out. Could we lose this series? Of course we could. BUT!!..let us not forget that we pushed them hard in the last series and deservedly won the last game with Brathwaite, Chase, Dowrich, Holder, Bishoo, Gabriel and Joseph playing big roles in that win. And all of them are in the current squad.

Yes, it's a shame that Darren isn't there to strengthen the batting but it's given an opportunity to the likes of Hetmyer and Singh so who knows what could happen? Powell opening instead of Leon Johnson is also a big upgrade while Samuels was just a passenger in recent times. So Imo the only real loss is Bravo.

Having watched the warm-up game Pakistan looked very ordinary to me!!..not that it's gonna matter on Friday, but let's not act like we're taking on India, SA or Australia here.
Googley

Unread post

I told you it's GUYANA AND BIM'S time now!!!.

Please leave Guyana out of your goat mouth!! hack! spit!!

we doan need your blessings, praise or the other!

Just the odda day you were cussing the "guyana men" in the ODI ...blaming the loss on the most economical bowler in the ODI series! Now you want to praise Guyanese players!!

Haul your ass dey!!
:D
AFRO

Unread post

LOL about "we"...you're an AMERICAN skunt now POOgley!!!..your stench left mudland longtime!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway what's everyone's eleven for Friday?

Brathwaite
Powell
Hope

Chase
Dowrich wk
Holder
Bishoo
Joseph
Gabriel

The only debate I have is do we play Hetty and Singh and Blacky sits? Or do we just give one the debut and if so which one? I personally think having three lefties in the side is better against Shah!!!..so Blacky might have to be the fallguy here.