WI vs Pakistan, Test series, April 21-May 14

West Indies cricket discussions
mikesiva

Unread post

badpepper wrote:Can they hang on? Congrats to Chase on a great series.
Congrats to Chase on his hundred...he might just save the blushes of our worthless top order batsmen.
:?
Joseph out for five. Nine down.
mikesiva

Unread post

You can't make up this rubbish. Chase turned down a run trusting Gabriel to see out the last two balls of the penultimate over. What does Gabriel do? Slog sweep the ball on to his stumps.
:roll:
badpepper

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:You can't make up this rubbish. Chase turned down a run trusting Gabriel to see out the last two balls of the penultimate over. What does Gabriel do? Slog sweep the ball on to his stumps.
That was a mistake, but excellent series for Chase. Seems to be promise there.
mikesiva

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:
AFRO wrote:So dunces...guess which skunt just said this on another forum?
The worst thing about this Test team is that it's going to get crushed, and in the process become the first West Indies Test team to lose a home Test series against Pakistan....
Let me give you a hint...he's an ENGLISH, WANNABE SKUNT WHO IS BITTER THAT HIM SENIOR BOYFRIENDS GETTING SACKED ONE BY ONE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I told you skunts that di PM was in FULL CONTROL!!!..and now every team getting packed full of COTR STUDENTS to rhatid :D ...

This is what POWER brings you dunces!!!..I told you it's GUYANA AND BIM'S time now!!!..and if Blacky doan get him act together Yard won't even have a horse in di race to rass :mrgreen: .

And just wait!!..more COTR bwoys dem soon come!!!..Carty, Cariah, Reifer etc!!..and then POOgley gine really have something to STINK about!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You love to frequent message boards where you have been banned!
:lol:
I was stating a simple fact. Bravo is badly missed in this poor side. Once bravo is out Samuels and Blackwood should have been retained. Yes they are inconsistent and average just over 30. But it's better to have these two than batsmen who can only dream of averaging 30 in test cricket.

The test averages of the following batsmen show that they are not as good as Samuels and Blackwood. ...

Powell
Hetmyer
Shai Hope
Singh

By dropping Samuels and Blackwood the selectors ensured that not even rain could save them from defeat.
Now do you see what I mean?
8-)
Gils

Unread post

howzdat wrote:They are all big one's.
Well Its the big ones that usually get my attention, but how about that finale ?
howzdat

Unread post

badpepper wrote:
mikesiva wrote:You can't make up this rubbish. Chase turned down a run trusting Gabriel to see out the last two balls of the penultimate over. What does Gabriel do? Slog sweep the ball on to his stumps.
That was a mistake, but excellent series for Chase. Seems to be promise there.
Agree and I do hope that Chase learns from that mental aberration. I guess that at this stage of his career and in such a situation he lacked the composure required to stand firm till the very end under the conflicting pull of team and personal goals. However, of all the batsmen he has shown that he has the character and the ability to push on toward success.

I wonder too at his leadership potential. But oh how West Indies need to find AND SELECT a couple of high quality, mentally tough, smart, wicket taking bowlers. With a nod to Rev I have been wondering if this will go down as the 'breakout' series for Chase i.e the series in which he 'announces that he is a batting force in the making and one to be reckoned with from here on in.

It was Rev who wakened me to the statistical fact that a batsman averaging less than 40 seldom makes an ever-lasting mark on the game at the highest level. After 10 tests Chase averages 48.53; having scored 3 hundreds and 3 fifties in 18 innings during which he has faced 1669 balls. So he has made a good start.

Were I to have a casual chat with Chase at this stage of his career I would highlight that scoring at least a half century every time he walks out to the crease is a minimum requirement. There is no other batsman in the current West Indies team that can realistically deliver on such a goal.