WI tour of England, Aug 1-Sept 29

West Indies cricket discussions
mikesiva

Unread post

I'm so pissed with the 'B' team that I'm watching South Africa vs Bangladesh instead....
:evil:
England have won the toss and will bowl

Curran is replacing Woakes who "hasn't pulled up very well after The Oval." That's the only change for England

West Indies have made two changes: Kyle Hope for Evin Lewis and Sunil Ambris, on debut, replaces Jason Holder
Googley

Unread post

come on Mike, you don't like the "Foward" movement?
mikesiva

Unread post

:lol:
West indies 288-6

Shai 72 from 95

Gayle 40 from 29

Kyle and Samuels and Ambris made 30s.

Now that Bishoo has been dropped can the bowlers skittle out England for next to nothing?
howzdat

Unread post

Mike, you are very optimistic
howzdat

Unread post

Fifth Royal London one-day international, Southampton
West Indies 288-6 (50 overs): S Hope 72 (95), Plunkett 2-54
England 294-1 (38 overs): Bairstow 141*, Roy 96
England won by 9 wickets; win the five-match series 4-0
'Nuff said :!:
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:I'm so pissed with the 'B' team that I'm watching South Africa vs Bangladesh instead....
:evil:
England have won the toss and will bowl

Curran is replacing Woakes who "hasn't pulled up very well after The Oval." That's the only change for England

West Indies have made two changes: Kyle Hope for Evin Lewis and Sunil Ambris, on debut, replaces Jason Holder
You still peddling that "B team", immature nonsense old boy? My God :lol: :lol: :lol:

The truth is we're clearly a work in progress. Darren Bravo and Narine need to come back to help this one day team. Darren Will, whether Sunil can trust his action over ten overs? We'll see. Samuels, Taylor, Bishoo and Cummings times should be done now. I think for us to truly move forward in one day cricket we're gonna have to focus on building up a young team that can compete in the years ahead. Ambris showed his class in this last game and how on earth it took them so long to start him is anyone guess :roll: . Gabby and Roach are apparently being saved for Test cricket. And let's be honest, with their injury history perhaps that's the best thing to do.

To his credit, Gayle done Ok in the few games he played on this tour. And I think him guiding young Evin is a good step for us. We just need to rebuild the attack and get Gayle, Lewis, Hope, Ambris, Bravo etc firing at the top of the order. IF we can do that then we should be fine in the world cup qualifiers. Playing England in England was always gonna be a tough task. Us winning that second test, and pushing them in the third signals growth for our test team imo and that was what I wanted to see. Add Darren back in that top order in place of Kyle, and then find a decent spinner, then all of a sudden we've got a young, vibrant test side who look decent.

The whole board and dem have been busy planning for the board meeting this weekend and also communicating with all of the board members from the islands that were hit the worst by the storms to see how we can help. So some stuff has been put on the back burner. But with the A-team and WI senior team playing next month, plus the women will be in action soon, things should get back to normal pretty soon.
mikesiva

Unread post

howzdat wrote:Mike, you are very optimistic
Very optimistic....
:?
AfCrow, the phrase "a work in progress" suggest that there have been some improvements. Instead, this seems to be a 'B' team plummeting to the bottom of the standings. Does anyone see us moving off ninth place any time soon?

https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/me ... nkings/odi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Come on, AfCrow, give us a date when this 'B' team will have turned the corner!
:P

Only one bowler had an economy rate of under six in this ODI series....

1) Rovman Powell, 13 overs, 1 wkt, ER 5.15
2) Jason Holder, 23.2 overs, 2 wkts, ER 6.94
3) Jerome Taylor, 33 overs, 2 wkts, ER 7.00
4) Alzarri Joseph, 15.1 overs, 5 wkts, ER 7.25
5) Ashley Nurse, 27.5 overs, 1 wkts, ER 7.25
6) Dev Bishoo, 11 overs, 0 wkts, ER 7.36
7) Kesrick Williams, 6 overs, 2 wkts, ER 8.33
8) Miguel Cummins, 23 overs, 4 wkts, ER 8.73
9) Marlon Samuels, 4 overs, 0 wkts, ER 10.25

So, Powell probably survives due to his bowling, and maybe you could make an argument for Joseph taking wickets, but there's little else to get excited about.

And only three batsmen can hold their heads up high:

1) Evin Lewis, 200 runs @ ave of 100, SR of 131.57
2) Jason Holder, 152 runs @ ave of 76, SR of 125.61
3) Chris Gayle, 173 runs @ ave of 43.25, SR of 125.36

As for Lil Bravo, let's see if he makes himself available for the 'C' team tour of Zimbabwe in a couple of weeks' time...that will tell us where the 'C' team lies in his list of priorities.

He certainly enjoyed playing for TKR in the CPL!
8-)
Googley

Unread post

this is the longest "work in progress" I have ever seen!

is there a goal with timelines? Normal leaders set those!

oh wait, nothing is normal for the factory road end and associated batty lickers!!!