PCL 2017-18

West Indies cricket discussions
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:Well said, Gils and Googley...is the PCL a good competition to develop our talent, or is it dung heap? It can't be one thing for some players, but another thing for others.
8-)
I see that afCrow is pushing Motie, but ignores the fact that Permaul did better than him in the PCL. If Motie can't outperform Permaul in the PCL, how is he going to outperform Permaul in international cricket? If the youngsters can't outscore Devon Smith in the PCL, how are they going to do better than him in Test cricket? This season has shown us that none of the current crop of youngsters are better than Devon.
For years the first class competition was basically an amateur tournament that lasted no more than six or seven weeks. Now we have a professional set-up and the competition is still very much in it's infancy. Year after year though the stats are getting better. More tons, more wickets by pacers, more games going into the fourth day, more young talents emerging etc, rome wasn't built in a day massa mike. And if you want to trash our competition, what about county cricket? Is that good enough when England have barely won an away test series since 2012? I think you need to look in your OWN BACKYARD before you criticise another peoples competitions old boy :lol: :lol: :lol: .
AFRO

Unread post

Gils wrote:
Just like when the wukless yardies used to win title after title, Guyana team full of FLAT TRACK BULLIES who cant cut it at the highest level to rhatid
A damning testimony. Jamaican and Guyanese dominace has lasted over ten years, the PCL's best performers fail to produce at the highest level, therefore the PCL serves no practical purpose. #mentalmidgets
So does county cricket serve no purpose duncy? And furthermore, if you looks closely at the PCL, you'll see it's mainly filled with youngsters who are still learning their trade, and veteran first class players who aren't good enough to play at international level. The "best" players in the region rarely play a full season, just like how it is in other nations. Oh, and what about the Jamaica and Guyana cricket boards? Do they not have a roll in producing good players you idiot? :roll:
Gils

Unread post

i come to realize that in logic and common sense is not in their repertoire of moves. We and other fans continue to be frustrated by the lack of common sense and abundance of nonsense.
I stopped being frustrated when I realised its not the players, the coach's or administrators. I dont watch anything other than T20 internationals now, and very few of those, but I like the licks. ........Because I was told from very small dat oow cyan hear mus feel :lol: :lol: .

In this light I especially look forward to BWICBC 1st XI finding their level this spring.
Gils

Unread post

AFRO wrote:
Gils wrote:
Just like when the wukless yardies used to win title after title, Guyana team full of FLAT TRACK BULLIES who cant cut it at the highest level to rhatid
A damning testimony. Jamaican and Guyanese dominace has lasted over ten years, the PCL's best performers fail to produce at the highest level, therefore the PCL serves no practical purpose. #mentalmidgets
So does county cricket serve no purpose duncy? And furthermore, if you looks closely at the PCL, you'll see it's mainly filled with youngsters who are still learning their trade, and veteran first class players who aren't good enough to play at international level. The "best" players in the region rarely play a full season, just like how it is in other nations. Oh, and what about the Jamaica and Guyana cricket boards? Do they not have a roll in producing good players you idiot? :roll:
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... methodWhat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is the Scientific Method?

" The scientific method is a process for experimentation that is used to explore observations and answer questions. Does this mean all scientists follow exactly this process? No. Some areas of science can be more easily tested than others. For example, scientists studying how stars change as they age or how dinosaurs digested their food cannot fast-forward a star's life by a million years or run medical exams on feeding dinosaurs to test their hypotheses. When direct experimentation is not possible, scientists modify the scientific method. In fact, there are probably as many versions of the scientific method as there are scientists! But even when modified, the goal remains the same: to discover cause and effect relationships by asking questions, carefully gathering and examining the evidence, and seeing if all the available information can be combined in to a logical answer.

Even though we show the scientific method as a series of steps, keep in mind that new information or thinking might cause a scientist to back up and repeat steps at any point during the process. A process like the scientific method that involves such backing up and repeating is called an iterative process.

Whether you are doing a science fair project, a classroom science activity, independent research, or any other hands-on science inquiry understanding the steps of the scientific method will help you focus your scientific question and work through your observations and data to answer the question as well as possible.

dUncE :geek:
mikesiva

Unread post

Googley wrote:Mike, Gils,

it seems we made a mistake here...i humbly apologize for this glaring error!!

what is that you ask?

For years, It seems sensible posters like us are trying to comprehend the moves of WICB and its batty lickers like AfCrow. Unfortunately, i come to realize that in logic and common sense is not in their repertoire of moves. We and other fans continue to be frustrated by the lack of common sense and abundance of nonsense.

Here is a perfect example as the 3 of us pointed out, AfCrow's logic makes no sense whatsoever and yet he is at great glee of his method of thinking and rather jubilant about it.

This makes me wonder what do they really mean when they yell "Forward?" which direction is that?

Only if strange minds can be understood.... :(
:lol:
The above posts by AfCrow are testament to the truth of your observation....

Let's see if we can pick apart some of AfCrow's statements:

"Now we have a professional set-up and the competition is still very much in it's infancy. Year after year though the stats are getting better....And furthermore, if you looks closely at the PCL, you'll see it's mainly filled with youngsters who are still learning their trade, and veteran first class players who aren't good enough to play at international level."

Sounds like an admission that the PCL is failing...the stats are not getting better. We're still struggling to find more than half a dozen batsmen who average over 40, and the bowling stakes are still dominated by spin bowlers who're exposed when they play international cricket. Who're the batsmen who dominate the team of the round? Aside from Campbell and Hodge, it's Devon, VIshal and Ramdin. Where are the other young batsmen?

Following the ninth round, here's the team. For batsmen, the bar has been set at 450 runs at least and an average of at least 40. For bowlers, it's 30 wickets at an average of under 23.

1) Devon Smith (Wind) 944 runs @ average of 78.66
2) John Campbell (Jca) 559 runs @ ave of 46.58 & 17 wickets @ average of 21.58
3) Vishal Singh (Guy) 539 runs @ ave of 49
4) Denesh Ramdin (TT) 702 runs @ ave of 63.81
5) Kaven Hodge (Wind) 490 runs @ ave of 54.44
6) Anthony Bramble (Guy) (wkpr) 571 runs @ ave of 47.58
7) Keemo Paul (Guy) 36 wkts @ ave of 17.52
8) Shane Shillingford (Wind) 38 wkts @ ave of 22.18
9) Veerasammy Permaul (Guy) 46 wkts @ ave of 18.30
10) Nikita Miller (Jca) 34 wkts @ ave of 11.11!!!!
11) Jeremiah Louis (Lee) 38 wkts @ ave of 22.94

Players just outside the team are Paul Palmer, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Shamar Brooks, Fabian Allen, Akeem Saunders, Jonathan Carter, Montcin Hodge, Justin Greaves, Kenroy Williams, Damion Jacobs, Dennis St Clair, Sheno Berridge, Derval Green, Rahkeem Cornwall, Imran Khan, Gudakesh Moti-Kanhai, Sherman Lewis, Jomel Warrican and Shefane Rutherford.
AFRO

Unread post

Gils wrote:
I stopped being frustrated when I realised its not the players, the coach's or administrators. I dont watch anything other than T20 internationals now, and very few of those, but I like the licks. ........Because I was told from very small dat oow cyan hear mus feel :lol: :lol: .

In this light I especially look forward to BWICBC 1st XI finding their level this spring.
Spoken like a TRUE ENGLISH MAN!!!..you're not fooling anybody dunce. Either you're Mike, or you're very much Mike's washer woman!!..talking about "t20s" just like that wukless old skunt!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: .
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote: :lol:
The above posts by AfCrow are testament to the truth of your observation....

Let's see if we can pick apart some of AfCrow's statements:

"Now we have a professional set-up and the competition is still very much in it's infancy. Year after year though the stats are getting better....And furthermore, if you looks closely at the PCL, you'll see it's mainly filled with youngsters who are still learning their trade, and veteran first class players who aren't good enough to play at international level."

Sounds like an admission that the PCL is failing...the stats are not getting better. We're still struggling to find more than half a dozen batsmen who average over 40, and the bowling stakes are still dominated by spin bowlers who're exposed when they play international cricket. Who're the batsmen who dominate the team of the round? Aside from Campbell and Hodge, it's Devon, VIshal and Ramdin. Where are the other young batsmen?

Following the ninth round, here's the team. For batsmen, the bar has been set at 450 runs at least and an average of at least 40. For bowlers, it's 30 wickets at an average of under 23.

1) Devon Smith (Wind) 944 runs @ average of 78.66
2) John Campbell (Jca) 559 runs @ ave of 46.58 & 17 wickets @ average of 21.58
3) Vishal Singh (Guy) 539 runs @ ave of 49
4) Denesh Ramdin (TT) 702 runs @ ave of 63.81
5) Kaven Hodge (Wind) 490 runs @ ave of 54.44
6) Anthony Bramble (Guy) (wkpr) 571 runs @ ave of 47.58
7) Keemo Paul (Guy) 36 wkts @ ave of 17.52
8) Shane Shillingford (Wind) 38 wkts @ ave of 22.18
9) Veerasammy Permaul (Guy) 46 wkts @ ave of 18.30
10) Nikita Miller (Jca) 34 wkts @ ave of 11.11!!!!
11) Jeremiah Louis (Lee) 38 wkts @ ave of 22.94

Players just outside the team are Paul Palmer, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Shamar Brooks, Fabian Allen, Akeem Saunders, Jonathan Carter, Montcin Hodge, Justin Greaves, Kenroy Williams, Damion Jacobs, Dennis St Clair, Sheno Berridge, Derval Green, Rahkeem Cornwall, Imran Khan, Gudakesh Moti-Kanhai, Sherman Lewis, Jomel Warrican and Shefane Rutherford.
I see SENILE SIVA has returned again and doesn't understand basic english :roll: .

Keemo Paul, Roland Cato, Akeem Saunders, Tage Chanderpaul, Fabian Allen, Tion Webster, Greaves etc are all young and all got tons this season If I'm not mistaken? Then you have the likes of Amir Jangoo, Chanderpaul Hemraj, Brandon King, Nicholson and the like who have shown flashes of a bright future. With the bowling of course spinners have dominated, but is your dumb rass really suggesting that the likes of Louise, Paul, Lewis, Greaves, Chemar Holder (on his debut) didn't show their ability with the ball? MOST OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE REGION DON'T PLAY IN THE PCL YOU DUMB F#CK!!!..so expecting 50 plus averages with the bat, from players who have barely played two seasons at first-class level is just plain stupid.
Googley

Unread post

We been grooming youngsters and rebuilding since 1995!!!

when will we get to the promised land??

Those youngsers you speak of will get old tomorrow and you will point out another set of youngers and say "Forward" .... sounds familiar? WICB been doing that since 95!

but your chant of "Forward" reminds of someone.... Don Quixote

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gils

Unread post

We been grooming youngsters and rebuilding since 1995!!!

when will we get to the promised land??
Well it took Moses an dem 40 odd years even with devine assistance, but thats only if you believe fairytales can come true. #greatestworksoffictioneverpublished
Gils

Unread post

" Any risk assessment is only as good as the methodology underlying it. This means that if the methodology is flawed so is the assessment. And if the assessment is flawed so is the policy made on the basis of it. "

Risk Analysis and Scientific Method: Methodological and Ethical Problems. By Kristin Shrader-Frechette
Now we have a professional set-up

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well theres nothing holding you back then is there :lol: :lol: dUncE :geek:
Last edited by Gils on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:52 am, edited 4 times in total.