West Indies cricket discussions
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

MarcusGarveyLives wrote:
MarcusGarveyLives wrote:Image

BA Stokes c Blackwood b Bishoo 8
West Indies v England, Grenada, April 2015

And Good Riddance.
... nothing much seems to change with this very angry white boy ...

Angry White Boy Stokes v Shannon Gabriel

Ben Stokes downplays Shannon Gabriel 'send-off' but match referee may not be so benevolent

Marlon Samuels: ‘Ben Stokes should stay on boundary when I’m batting’ (click for more)

“As long as he keeps quiet, I won’t start anything, so if anything does happen that means he has said something to me first”
mikesiva

Unread post

:lol:
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

“As long as he keeps quiet, I won’t start anything, so if anything does happen that means he has said something to me first”

England leave home fans cold by resting Ben Stokes for West Indies T20
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

mikesiva

Unread post

:lol:
Stokes needs anger management counselling. Like Flintoff and so many Britons he seems to have an alcohol addiction problem.

Ben Stokes' misdemeanours
Dec 2011
Stokes, aged 20, is arrested and cautioned for “obstructing a policeman” in a drink-related incident.

Feb 2013
Stokes and team-mate Matt Coles are sent home from an England Lions tour to Australia for late night drinking, ignoring a written warning they received earlier in the tour.

March 2014
Stokes fractures his right hand after punching a locker in frustration during an England tour of the West Indies. He misses the World Twenty20.

April 2015
Stokes’s verbal spat with West Indies batsman Marlon Samuels results in Samuels giving an ironic salute to Stokes during a Test match in St George’s.

Oct 2016
Stokes is fined and receives a demerit point on his disciplinary record after an exchange with Bangladesh batsman Sabbir Rahman.

Nov 2016
Stokes receives an official reprimand from the ICC after an exchange with India captain Virat Kohli during a Test match in Mohali.

Aug 2017
Stokes is reprimanded for using “obscene, offensive or insulting” language towards a referee during England’s Test match against the West Indies.

Sep 2017
Arrested by police on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm after an incident in Bristol which left a man with facial injuries.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
badpepper

Unread post

Last edited by badpepper on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
howzdat

Unread post

Ben Stokes: England all-rounder apologises to ECB after arrest in Bristol

Irrespective of the article content I can't fail to note that the PR team has been called up to start the rehabilitation effort! Nice wuk if you can get it :P So we get the headline 'Fragile' Stokes apologises after arrest' leading us to another headline "Ben Stokes: England all-rounder apologises to ECB after arrest in Bristol"

Meanwhile as the Sydney Morning Herald tells it, Pressure grows on England's Ben Stokes after street brawl footage emerges, so let us not forget that "Stokes was released under investigation after he was "arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm".

Maybe I should end by paraphrasing Samuels, and play some soothing, above average music for the angry white boy
Last edited by howzdat on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

I note that Samuels' scores to date in he series are: 17, 11 and 1.

Is he missing Stokes?