WI tour of New Zealand, Nov 25 - Jan 3

West Indies cricket discussions
Googley

Unread post

I just think it was a tour too much for our boys. Firstly we've got the youngest team in the game right now, so despite having the highs of winning at Lords, you then have the lows that we saw in NZ. That's what inexperience can bring. Secondly, both the ODI and T20 teams seemed to be a mishmash of players who were in NZ already, and rusty arrivals. That coupled with senior stars like Narine, Bravo etc missing, then it was a recipe for disaster really.
man, stop talking from both sides of your mouth, eh!!!! You are talking like a typical batty licker!! :evil:

who the fact select the team? Your massas!

who dropped the seniors? Your massas!!

who send the sheep to slaughter?? Your massasss!!!
howzdat

Unread post

Happy New Year all. For what it is worth i can offer that ever since I can remember New Zealand tours have never been a heart warming experience for West Indies players nor supporters. So even before any squad was named my reckoning was on a sound beating for whoever team was selected. And so it was! As for myself, I think it futile to think much about missing seniors and whether or not they could and/or would have made a difference to West Indies performances in any format on the international stage.

We just saw in Oz that skilful, aggressive pace still matters, albeit that the umpires did seem to turn a blind eye to lots of intimidatory and potentially harmful bowling ...but i guess that is to be understood as it was white-on-white and so a grand old family affair.

Controversial: I wanna guess that the best team for a young promising black pacer who is determined to succeed/make a lasting mark on the game is South Africa! All things being equal Rabada is sure going to leave a legacy to be reckoned with. There is no West Indian displaying even a fraction of his quality! Damned poor if you ask me! West Indies has a whole heap of fast medium trundlers only fit for cannon fodder at test level! What efforts are being made to rectify this? As far as pace bowling is concerned, an ignoramus would opine that West Indian bowlers are a bunch of lazy, mis-managed, good-for-nothings. I wish them luck. Unless and until West Indies can put up a bowling attack capable of taking 20 wickets on any surface noting much is gonna change.

It is so bad that I have to struggle to overcome a great weight of disinterest to post here nowadays. Ah well still waiting for the corner turning ...