England Lions tour of the Caribbean, Feb 5 - March 11

West Indies cricket discussions
mikesiva

Unread post

On the third day of the second "Test" at Sabina Park, the West Indies 'a' team crushed the England Lions by more than an innings to take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the series. Trailing by 277 runs on first innings, the Lions could only manage 260 all out in the second. Liam Livingstone hit 48 and Paul Coughlin 47, but they were once again no match for spinners Rahkeem Cornwall (4-88) and Jomel Warrican (4-69).
AFRO

Unread post

I DOAN NEED TO TELL UNNU HOW WE JUST BEAT UP DI CREAM OF MIKE'S ENGLISH CRICKET BY AN INNINGS TO WIN DI SERIES

I DOAN NEED TO TELL YOU HOW WE DUMP A WUKLESS GUYANA BATSMAN FROM DI FIRST GAME AND SUDDENLY WE SCORE 400 AND MEK STINKY BAWL!!!

I DOAN NEED TO TELL YOU HOW DI TWO WUKLESS JAMAICAN BATSMEN FLOPPED IN DEM OWN BACKYARD!!

I DOAN NEED TO TELL UNNU WHICH MAN JUST BROKE MASSA'S HEART AND FINALLY PUT AN END TO A CERTAIN JAMAICAN LEFT-ARM SPINNERS TEST CAREER

I DOAN NEED TO TELL YOU SKUNTS ABOUT DI PM PUSHING WE TWO SPINNER PHILOSOPHY AT HOME AND HOW IT PAID OFF

I DOAN NEED TO TELL UNNU ABOUT HOW DI COTR FLAG IS WAVING FURIOUSLY RIGHT NOW

BUT THERE IS ONE TING I DO WANT TO TELL YOU SKUNTS!!....

FORWARD!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Googley

Unread post

Keep bawling "Forward" enough times...it still doan mean its true!

Not everyone blind like you soup lickers!

are you hear you massa not shouting "fart" and you hearing "forward?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFRO

Unread post

Googley wrote:Keep bawling "Forward" enough times...it still doan mean its true!

Not everyone blind like you soup lickers!

are you hear you massa not shouting "fart" and you hearing "forward?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL oh it's true stinky!!!..you just been FLOATING IN YOUR BOG fi too long to notice :lol: :lol: :lol:

And it's funny how we win a series and these skunts MAD about it!!!...keep showing your true colors you biased skunts :mrgreen: .
mikesiva

Unread post

It was a good series win for the youngsters, but let's not get carried away. English batsmen are crap at playing spin. Our batsmen struggle just as much in seaming conditions in England.
8-)
Having already secured the series 2-0, the West Indians made 263 all out in the first innings of the final 'Test' at North Sound. Shamar Brooks made 63, and there were 33s from John Campbell and Rahkeem Cornwall. Jack Leach took 3-58 and Sakib Mahmood 3-50.
mikesiva

Unread post

Cornwall and Warrican are the new Ram and Val.
:)
Spin twins Jomel Warrican (6-33) and Rahkeem Cornwall (3-46) spun the England Lions out for a mere 102 all out, Haseeb Hameed offering the only resistance with 48.
mikesiva

Unread post

The West Indies made 273-9 declared, with 70s from wicketkeepers Jahmar Hamilton and Shane Dowrich. Dominic Bess took 5-88 and Paul Coughlin 3-44.
Googley

Unread post

AfCrow bawling like we win de world cup!!!

reality is we beat a crappy team like we should!

but the batty boys patting themselves on the back like they conquered the world!

Don Quixote is alive and well! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mikesiva

Unread post

Yes, Googs, them getting excited, conveniently forgetting that another of our teams are playing in a prelim for the World Cup for the first time ever....
8-)
The West Indians secured a 3-0 clean sweep when they crushed the England Lions by 212 runs at the Viv Richards stadium. Chasing an unlikely 408 for victory, the Lions meekly succumbed to 195 all out, Haseeb Hameed topscoring once again with 26. They were once again mesmerised by the left-arm spin of Jomel Warrican, who took 5-55.
AFRO

Unread post

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH lord this place is like Fox News when Obama won to rhatid!!!..why unnu so SAD? :lol: :lol: :lol: I understand why massa bitter, because we just BLACKWASH him country and him husband Killa just get burried, but POOgley? Why you mad? I thought you was a REAL CARIBBEAN man? :? OOPS, me almost forget that Warri and Jimbo's performances now means that BISHOO IS ON DI CHOPPING BLOCK!!!..no-wonder di man MISERABLE!!! :D .

Look duncies, let's put my affiliation with di board and PM to one side, can anyone argue that this isn't a great step In the right direction for our cricket? Let us remember that England have all the advantages. They have more money, better cricket schools, better cricket clubs, better training facilities, a first-class system hailed as one of the best and have the luxury of sending their A-team and youngsters to Asia to training in foreign conditions etc. And what has happened? We've absolutely taken them apart from start to finish.

IMO this should be a watershed moment for our cricket like that famous "no mas" game against India at bina when we used four pacers. Two spinners, two quicks and one allrounder who can bowl pace and bat at six should be the way forward for us AT HOME. Bangladesh have figured it out and this has given me confirmation that it can work for us too. The only difference is we have much better pacers than Bang, SL etc.

I believe Keemo Paul could be our own Stokes in years to come, so it was great to see him get a few wickets on his debut. Now he needs to spend time in the nets working more on his batting. He is the type of all-rounder I'm hoping can come through along with Sharmer Springer. Reifer did well too tbh.

In-terms of the batting. Reifer, Hamilton and Dowrich all did Ok. Was disappointed in Powell and Campbell. That opening spot will remain an issue until someone steps up and grabs it.

In closing the key to a brighter future is to learn how to win at home first. For too long we've had no identity. We keep looking to the past where our tracks were fast and we had incredible pacers. But when we think about it how many brilliant pacers have we produced of late? Roach on his day has been top class, but apart from him who else? Fidel? I have faith in Joseph but right now he's injured. The fact is our tracks our like the Sub-Continent now, so we need to stop fighting against it and make sure we produce better spinners to take advantage of our conditions. This is how we will be able to beat the likes of England, NZ, Aus and SA at home, and play India, Pak, SL and BD at their own game. It's actually the India philosophy. They win all their games at home, get the odd away win In SL, WI, BD etc, and lose In England, SA, Aus and NZ, but although they'd like to win on the road, this strategy gets them to number one in the rankings. I think this is the way to go right now and then we can evolve and seek to win on the faster tracks.