West Indies cricket discussions
mikesiva

Unread post

England 361-5 declared.

Root 122
Gabriel 2-95
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

Our much-vaunted four-prong pace attack has taken one wicket each.
When you are bowled out for 154 and concede a 120+ run 1st innings lead, this hardly seems to be the fault of the seam bowling attack.
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

MarcusGarveyLives wrote:"According to (former Trinidad & Tobago and West Indies cricketer Bryan) Davis, “The fast bowling looks good….Holder, Gabriel, Joseph and Thomas. But I wouldn’t like Oshane Thomas as a cover. Oshane Thomas deserves to be in the side. I would have picked him before Roach ..."
Source: Davis shocked Oshane omitted from WI Test XI

Bryan Davis: Fast Bowling Expert

Further update:

Man of the series Kemar Roach, who took 18 wickets at 13.88
mikesiva

Unread post

“The pressure was on and England’s captain Joe Root was looking at me intensely as I prepared to bowl, which may have been the usual psychological strategy with which all Test cricketers are familiar.

“I recognise now that I was attempting to break through my own tension when I said to Joe Root: ‘Why are you smiling at me? Do you like boys?’…”

https://wired868.com/2019/02/14/root-of ... d-captain/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the ICC are going to ban him for this then they need to ban ALL sledging.
:roll:
mikesiva

Unread post

West Indies squad for first two ODIs: Jason Holder (capt), Fabian Allen, Devendra Bishoo, Carlos Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, John Campbell, Sheldon Cottrell, Chris Gayle, Shimron Hetmyer, Shai Hope, Ashley Nurse, Nicholas Pooran, Kemar Roach, Oshane Thomas
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

West Indies squad for first two ODIs: Jason Holder (capt), Fabian Allen, Devendra Bishoo, Carlos Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, John Campbell, Sheldon Cottrell, Chris Gayle, Shimron Hetmyer, Shai Hope, Ashley Nurse, Nicholas Pooran, Kemar Roach, Oshane Thomas
Chris Gayle to retire from ODIs after World Cup

"You're looking at a great man, .... "I'm the greatest player in the world :shock: . Of course I'm still the Universe Boss. That will never change. I'll take that to the grave."
badpepper

Unread post

West Indies 360/8 50 ov
Gayle 135
mikesiva

Unread post

Brilliant from Gayle!
:mrgreen:
Gayle's 135 included 12 sixes...129 balls.

Shai 64 from 65
Lil Bravo 40 from 30
Campbell 30 from 28