Chamber calls on Manning: Announce election date now

Political updates and debates...
socafighter

Unread post

http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2010 ... n-date-now

Prime Minister Patrick Manning has evaded any questions posed to him about the election, saying “no comment at this time. I spoke to you every day of the week so far.” Journalists attempted to speak with Manning about developments in the upcoming general election, shortly after he delivered the feature address at the T&T Chamber of Industry and Commerce’s annual meeting and luncheon at the Hyatt Regency Trinidad, Port-of-Spain, yesterday.
“No comment at this time....I spoke to you every day of the week so far,” said Manning to a group of reporters, as he hurriedly walked out of the Port-of-Spain room at the Hyatt. Before Manning delivered his address, Angella Persad, president of the chamber, in her remarks, made a call for the general election to be held immediately. “Prime Minister, we ask that you reveal the election date as early as possible so we can settle back to work,” Persad said. Persad said she hoped the election period would be used as an opportunity for introspection.
BallOil

Unread post

Soca....I'm not into this politricks thing but something is wrong when the incumbent setting an election date. Why they doh have a fixed date for all national election ..?