Shud I Hold My Breath?

Political updates and debates...
mapoui

Unread post

http://www.counterpunch.org/avnery08052011.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

is there a streak of sanity in Israel now manifesting itself?

this is the most hopeful sign in a long time!
Googley

Unread post

still holding your breath? keep holding.....
mapoui

Unread post

Googley wrote:still holding your breath? keep holding.....

yuh wishing mih bad tings googs! it wun wuk. yu will still remain googs and dats the problem :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Googley

Unread post

mapoui wrote:
Googley wrote:still holding your breath? keep holding.....

yuh wishing mih bad tings googs! it wun wuk. yu will still remain googs and dats the problem :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

nada, neva wished anyone bad...neva..and wont start now!

you juss be yourself!! :lol:
mikesiva

Unread post

Israel still exists, because countries like the US and the UK continue to fund and back them....

A case in point:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21239917" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'Rupert Murdoch has apologised for a "grotesque, offensive cartoon" printed in the Sunday Times that has led to complaints of anti-Semitism. The cartoon, by Gerald Scarfe, appears to depict Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu building a brick wall containing the blood and limbs of Palestinians. It has the text: "Israeli elections. Will cementing peace continue?"'

I have a copy of the Sunday Times in front of me now, and there's nothing "grotesque" or "offensive" about the cartoon. I have seen for more grotesque and offensive cartoons in the Sunday Times about other dictators, such as Gaddafi and Assad, and not a whisper. But you have a cartoon about a dictator named Netanyahu, who continues to oppress and kill Palestinians, and all of a sudden Rupert Murdoch is quick to apologise, and quick to force the editor to apologise as well.

And the West wonders why it's easy to recruit suicide bombers from western Muslims....
mikesiva

Unread post

"Israel has admitted for the first time that it has been giving Ethiopian Jewish immigrants birth-control injections, often without their knowledge or consent. The government had previously denied the practice but the Israeli Health Ministry’s director-general has now ordered gynaecologists to stop administering the drugs. According a report in Haaretz, suspicions were first raised by an investigative journalist, Gal Gabbay, who interviewed more than 30 women from Ethiopia in an attempt to discover why birth rates in the community had fallen dramatically."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 68800.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;