Political updates and debates...
BallOil

Unread post

Why? :shock:
BallOil

Unread post

Keith

Unread post

Most English folks seem to be naive and seem to think that the current riots taking place in London, Midlands and Manchester are isolated events. They think it is okay for NATO to bomb the hell out of Libya as a justified act but yet when young English youths take to the streets in protest to Cameron's austere economic measures, these youths suddenly become criminals. They weep and moan about shops being vandalised while other businesses are set on fire but aren't there similar businesses in Libya that are destroyed by Nato; are there not innocent lives lost as a result of the grab for economic buoyancy especially to European countries such as Italy and France who are about to collapse literally.

BBC had the pleasure of interviewing Trinidadian Darcus Howe to comment on the sad state of affairs taking place all over England...

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube]biJgILxGK0o[/youtube]
mikesiva

Unread post

I agree with Keith - the young people are suffering from Cameron's economic policies. Jobs are hard to find, support services are being cut, and there's a lot of anger out there, thanks to the thoughtless actions of the Tories....
Keith

Unread post

Did yu look at the youtube video Mike? It is very instructive.

BTW, I remember your son's ordeal in London... being stopped and searched multiple times. The stats I heard on the Beeb is that Blacks are stopped and searched 26% of the times as opposed to other ethnic groups.

Balloil, can you adjust my youtube link so that the video can appear within my post. I just could not get it to appear within the post this way. Thanks!!
BallOil

Unread post

Keith wrote:Balloil, can you adjust my youtube link so that the video can appear within my post. I just could not get it to appear within the post this way. Thanks!!

youtube thingy has been sorted

FYI- all you need is the unique code (biJgILxGK0o) rather than the full youtube URL. 8-)
mikesiva

Unread post

Well said, Darcus Howe....
:lol:
The media coverage of this event has been nothing short of appalling. Any time they come across someone who's trying to explain why the riots are happening, the journalist tries to back them into a corner, and suggest that they're condoning the riots. It's a typical establishment line that the media have been quick to follow.

And yes, Keith, what you say about the stop and search practice of the police is something I've been complaining about a while now, as I've posted here:

http://www.cricket-match-special.com/vi ... f=7&t=5296" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, to me, it's no surprise that white and black kids have united against what they perceive to be a common enemy - the police.

Interestingly, these riots started out as a black thing on the weekend, but over the past couple of days, it's become a white thing, as these photos from Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool show....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ntrol.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mapoui

Unread post

let those who deny the class basis of society continue with their blindness. race is important but class is fundamental. dats why race is used to devide.

all through recent hispotry vby which I mean the past 500 years blacs and whites where they have been exploited in tandem have come together in rebellion against the status quo. a most significnt example of this was Bacons rebellion in Virginnia in the latter part of the 17 century.

the elites knew deh had a problem on their hands...a grave one and thret to their security and came up with modern theoretical racism as their most successful toll of social division ever created.

and as we observer, ultimately even that does not work in keeping the exploited from unifying against their collective exploiter
mapoui

Unread post

and its interesting dat deh call Howe a westindian. Howe has been living in England as far as I know fro some 40-50 years of his life

Darcus Howe is now a Trinidadian-born englishman, who had some sort of connection/relationship with CLR James in his latter years.

by that association Howe cannot be a fool and was bound to have been capable of putting the media in its place, once deh challenged him. indeed deh suckered demselves once deh played the fool with such an individual
Keith

Unread post

mapoui wrote:and its interesting dat deh call Howe a westindian. Howe has been living in England as far as I know fro some 40-50 years of his life

Darcus Howe is now a Trinidadian-born englishman, who had some sort of connection/relationship with CLR James in his latter years.

by that association Howe cannot be a fool and was bound to have been capable of putting the media in its place, once deh challenged him. indeed deh suckered demselves once deh played the fool with such an individual
The BBC reporter tried to put him in a corner when she mentioned that he was no stranger to riots and tried to make him look bad but he handled her well.

Mike, I haven't logged onto that site, CMS, since I was banned for saying DDB had taken a toilet break as India were in deep sheet! But it would be instructive if you can amicably post up this link with Howe there...