Make a choice, Jack Warner .......

Political updates and debates...
socafighter

Unread post

http://guardian.co.tt/news/politics/201 ... hoice-jack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jack Warner must make a choice between keeping his position as a Fifa vice-president, or serving as Trinidad and Tobago’s Works and Transport Minister.In a three-page, faxed press release yesterday, the Integrity Commission said the Code of Ethics for parliamentarians, including ministers, required that “Cabinet ministers divest themselves of their private interests upon their assumption of public office.”
socafighter

Unread post

STATEMENT FROM THE HON. JACK WARNER, MINISTER OF WORKS AND TRANSPORT
ON THE PRESS RELEASE BY THE INTEGRITY COMMISSION

I congratulate the Integrity Commission on its expeditious response to the Leader of the Opposition's request for an opinion on his statement that my positions as a Cabinet Minister and as a Vice President of FIFA are in breach of some ethic that he has conjured up in his turgid imagination.
The Integrity Commission has, properly, referenced the relevant sections of the Integrity in Public Life Act and the 1988 Code of Ethics.

Section 29 (1) of the Integrity in Public Life Act asserts, inter alia, that a conflict of interest is deemed to arise if a person in public life were to make or participate in a decision in the execution of his office and at the same time knows or ought reasonably to have known that in the making of the decision there is an opportunity either directly or indirectly to further his private interest or that of a family or any other person.

I am in full agreement with and heed the Integrity Commission's summary caution that Cabinet Ministers should so organise their affairs so that there should be no breach of either the Act or the Code; as I have meticulously observed.

This includes the divestment of pecuniary interests which I may have in any organisation.
Unlike a majority of other members of Parliament, past and present, I seek absolutely no pecuniary interest in being a member of the Parliament or of the Government.

I shall have more to say on this issue in the House of Representatives.

Respectfully submitted

Jack Warner
Minister of Works & Transport
(SA Time 2:45am)
June 10, 2010
mapoui

Unread post

so what did jack do? :?:

the trinidadian way of playing fuh time with a release like that jackass nonsense above. prevarication is wat deh call dat deh! 8-) 8-)

make your choice man and stop the chupidness. the situation is clear, no need for debate, no prevarication required :roll: :roll: :roll: