Manning had no locals working at PM Palace....

Political updates and debates...
socafighter

Unread post

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,122563.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The virtual United Nations staff of former prime minister Patrick Manning is to be replaced at the Prime Minister’s Official Residence at La Fantasie in St Ann’s, and a total local staff will welcome the People’s Partnership Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, who is expected to move in there by the end of the month.

According to sources former prime minister Manning seemed not to trust locals to be around his home and when he went there two-and-a-half years ago, he instructed that his household staff should include only foreigners – 20 Filipinos, an Indian from India, a St Lucian, and a Swedish national. Only seven Trinidadians were employed at the residence. Even the security guards were Nigerian.

Carrying out Manning’s wishes was the Urban Development Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago (Udecott) which was made responsible for the running of the PM’s residence.

Permanent Secretary to the Prime Minister Sandra Marchack also has direct responsibilities for the PM’s residence. Udecott, through Hyatt Regency Hotel, was entrusted with the responsibility of purchasing all food items and other necessities for the residence. The residence also has a swimming pool, a hair salon, a sauna and a chapel, which sources reveal were never used by the former prime minister.
socafighter

Unread post

During the election campaign, former UNC Senator Wade Mark, who is the nominee for House Speaker, told supporters of the People’s Partnership during a meeting in Claxton Bay that the grocery, beverage and other miscellaneous bills for the Prime Minister’s residence under Manning was $80,000 per month. This was never denied by Manning.

All the furniture and the drapes at the residence were imported from China, and the quality of these was found to be poor despite the price. The drapes alone cost $3 million. It was the norm for previous prime ministers to have Coast Guard or Regiment officers being the Head of Household at the Prime Minister’s residence.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
mapoui

Unread post

allyuh like all them frumperies eh! how the better live, wat deh eat fuh dinner, who have dis or dat pos' wat deh salary is, drapes from china, furniture from the taj mahal...dis dat and they other!

fuh all I care piss on all dat! 80k ah month fuh prime minister food! eff him! and especially a pm like manning was. I mean when yu figure in carnival, independence and christmas yuh know the food bill go be over ah million ah year.

I am not against him fuh de forriners pon he staff doh! that is understandable but no tactical. Trindadians are a nasty and untrustworthy people...especially blacs to their own. we ent learn...or re-learn yet, after 400 years of slavery, how to deal positively with we own.

I wun trust another blac trinidadian with ah bag ah cooca out in de sun, to move it when the rain fall and I not deh, even if I pay him to do dat!

so manning know where he safety is best secured. is like up in the dots! deh do make police from among deh onw island. deh go everywhere else to hire men to be police. so if yu go antigua deh police is from grenada etc.

at least it used to be so! I doh know if it still so!

who knows...Kampla may be better served by trinnis dan manning ever was. Kamla is Indian...and a fair-skin Indian at dat. blac people go love she fuh dat...and she straight hair too! deh will serve hKamla as deh would not serve blac Manning with loyalty, concern, with deh lives.

Indian people might be different. Indian people support Indian people but Indian people also kill each other like any other ethinic group of the human species. is who have issues with kamla and why and wat de issues are. it could even be as simple as jealousy and envy.

given what I know of trinidad being one myself I know Kampla would be just as threatened by Indians as from any other group.

yet still training plays a bigh part in the lives of those who have been specifically trained for whatever reason. so the military she will have in there are likely to be loyal to their training which says defend the nation. the pm is the leader of the nation and she must be protected at all costs.

so Kampla politically could not get away with a forrin staff as manning did. people prolly did not know what manning had done so it may not have been a political issue. having to hew a different line Kampla would be well served by blac people generally who love straight hair people, and by the trained personnel she brings in. I dont know about nobody else.

she have to go with local people but Kamla have to be careful. fuh me alone tghe PM residence would only be for ceremonial occassions. the pm have to entertain so the pm does so a that residence and so on. but for the most part the staff would be there alone for I wold be in tmyold family place with mih mudder cooking my food...or mih wife or sister or aunt or some such thing..or even me cooking my onw food becuse nobody I know an cook as good as I can