R.I.P NELSON MANDELA

Political updates and debates...
Gils

Unread post

Contradictions 101

Wishing hell on Madiba, while claiming there is no God :lol: :lol: .
mapoui2

Unread post

Gils wrote:Contradictions 101

Wishing hell on Madiba, while claiming there is no God :lol: :lol: .
I wud prefer Klin'on hell really. it seems far worse than its christian counterpart.

its all nonsense anyway. I simply used that philosophical claptrap to set up my impression of contempt for Madiba.

it is with heavy heart I express such but I cant avoid it man. I am still stunned with with what those fellas did to RSA/Africa..much like the slave trade. look how easy it was after generations of struggle for that betrayal to take place..for them to betray the cause

I mean it clarifies a lot about humanity and really sets up class analysis, for it is within class war that such a betrayal becomes explicable...even as the option of taking over themselves, taking back RSA and extending their own domination as an elite class.

doing the same thing essentially as the multinational neo liberalism but at least an independent version, wholly african owned and controlled, that would indeed have accomplished an end to racial apartheid at least.

that positive contribution..ending racial superiority/inferiority..could have been achieved under a black dictatorship or class society.

but there is that missing nationalist element in the african elites everywhere ever since I know Afric..africans and african derived like myself anyway. the african elites are afraid of their people so they compromise nationalism for the safety of protection by the white military...from their own people

they knew what they were doing Mandella and dem..so they made sure apartheid continued and the white power to remain in place for their own protection
mikesiva

Unread post

The Pistorius trial....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-26445206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"A witness at the murder trial of Oscar Pistorius has said the South African athlete was responsible for a weapon being fired at a restaurant last year. Boxer Kevin Lerena told the court that Mr Pistorius had asked the owner of the gun to take the blame....Restaurant owner Jason Loupis then took the stand and told the court that 220 diners had been present at the time of the incident, and confirmed that Mr Fresco had taken the blame for the gunshot. His wife, Maria, also testified, saying a child had been sitting at the table next to the group."

And yet, neither Pistorius nor his friend was prosecuted for this restaurant shooting accident....
:shock:
If a black or Asian Saffer had done what Pistorius did, he would've had the book thrown at him!
Gils

Unread post

MarcusGarveyLives wrote:
Gils wrote:I have never imagined that the dismantling of apartheid and it's mechanism's would be anything other than a long, drawnout and intricately messy affair ...
If you actually read the material to which attention was drawn in the articles mentioned earlier in this thread, you might come to the conclusion that apartheid has been anything but "dismantled".
More semantics, what we once knew as apartied no longer exists.
mikesiva

Unread post

It is interesting how the white population of South Africa has not grown since 1995:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_South_African" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"In 1977, there were 4.3 million whites, constituting 16.4% of the population at the time. It is estimated that at least 800,000 white South Africans have emigrated since 1995."

"2011 Census: 4,586,838 (8.9% of South Africa's population)"

"2014 Estimate: 4,554,800 (8.4% of South Africa's population)"

So, the white Saffer population has declined from 16% of the population in 1977 to eight percent in 2014 - a decline by half what it used to be, while the other racial groups have been growing....
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:It is interesting how the white population of South Africa has not grown since 1995:

So, the white Saffer population has declined from 16% of the population in 1977 to eight percent in 2014 - a decline by half what it used to be, while the other racial groups have been growing....
By what number has the 'white' South African population in London (UK) grown in the same period?
mikesiva

Unread post

MarcusGarveyLives wrote:
mikesiva wrote:It is interesting how the white population of South Africa has not grown since 1995:

By what number has the 'white' South African population in London (UK) grown in the same period?
Good question...I think it's grown from about 100,000 to half a million Saffer-born Brits, of whom 90% of them are white. I thought it was more than that....

Of that number, 10% of them are Saffer Jews. In my neck of the woods, which has a large Jewish community (NW London), I have a few acquaintances who are Saffer Jews.
mikesiva

Unread post

'In the history of civil rights, South Africa lays claim to a momentous achievement — the demolition of apartheid and the construction of a democracy. But for black South Africans, who account for three-fourths of this nation of roughly 55 million people, political liberation has yet to translate into broad material gains....The economy keels in recession, worsening an official unemployment rate reaching nearly 28 percent. Underlying the anger are deep-seated disparities in wealth. In the aftermath of apartheid, the government left land and other assets largely in the hands of a predominantly white elite. The government’s resistance to large-scale land transfers reflected its reluctance to rattle international investors. Today, millions of black South Africans are chronically short of capital needed to start businesses. Less than half of the working age population is officially employed....Even so, from 1998 to 2008, the economy expanded by roughly 3.5 percent a year, doubling the size of the black middle class. The government built millions of homes, extended the reach of clean water and electricity, and handed out cash grants to millions of poor people. But the global financial crisis of 2008 ravaged South Africa, destroying demand for the mineral deposits at the center of its economy. It wiped out half of the roughly two million new jobs that had been created in the previous four years....Ten percent of all South Africans — the majority white — owns more than 90 percent of national wealth, according to a 2016 research paper by Anna Orthofer, a graduate student at Stellenbosch University. Some 80 percent of the population — overwhelmingly black — owns nothing at all.'

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/24/b ... theid.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;