Olympics 2012 thread

Pace like fire!
mikesiva

Unread post

AFRO wrote:
mikesiva wrote: You do realise that you are the only one on this planet who thinks this field was weak, right?
:lol:
Can you provide any evidence of anyone else supporting your one-eyed view?
Jesus you mean you STILL can't engage your brain for one second old boy? :roll:

1. IF THEY HAD ALL BEEN RUNNING WHEN FIT AND IN THEIR BEST SHAPE THEN YES IT'S A GOOD FIELD,

2. THAT NEVER HAPPENED AS MANY OF THEM WERE UNFIT!!.. therefore the field was WEAK, the sooner you comprehend that the better duncy!! 8-) .
So, still no evidence to support what you alone on this planet thinks?
1) Never before in the history of the men's 100m has every single finalist gone into the race having already run under 10 seconds. That makes this the STRONGEST field ever.

2) Despite the injury to Asafa Powell, and despite Gay running below his PB, this was still the fastest 100m every run in history. That makes this the FASTEST field ever.

If Gay and Powell ever got back to their best, that would make this field faster and stronger. It does not make this field weak, because even if those two veterans retired, the sport will move on and get better. Gay and Powell are history...the future belongs to Bolt, Blake, Bailey, and the other youngsters I mentioned earlier in the thread.
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote: So, still no evidence to support what you alone on this planet thinks?
Yes and at the same time the view you claim is "popular" could only produce TWO ARTICLES!!.. YES MIKE THAT OBVIOUSLY BLOWS EVERYTHING ELSE OUT OF THE WATER!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ,

1) Never before in the history of the men's 100m has every single finalist gone into the race having already run under 10 seconds. That makes this the STRONGEST field ever.
You're talking PAST TENTS old boy!!.. the fact is the shape which some of the runners were in just doesn't justify calling it the "stongest field".. it would only be strong if the main challengers were 100% fit and in form, but that wasn't the case,

2) Despite the injury to Asafa Powell, and despite Gay running below his PB, this was still the fastest 100m every run in history. That makes this the FASTEST field ever.
And have you check the CONDITIONS of all the other races old boy? :? get back to me when you have!!,

If Gay and Powell ever got back to their best, that would make this field faster and stronger. It does not make this field weak, because even if those two veterans retired, the sport will move on and get better. Gay and Powell are history...the future belongs to Bolt, Blake, Bailey, and the other youngsters I mentioned earlier in the thread.
Bailey hasn't done ANYTHING to justify the hype which merely adds to me argument, the main challengers were unfit and the others were just also rans who never had a chance of winning the race even if Bolt was only 60% fit, THAT JUST SHOWS HOW WEAK THE FIELD WAS!! :lol: :lol: :lol: .
mikesiva

Unread post

At least I have produced something...as usual, you have produced nothing but hot air.
8-)
Bailey is a youngster on the rise, and he's already running faster than Carl Lewis. What you don't understand, Afro, is that the strength of a field is not decided by how many titles you've won, but by how fast you run.

I repeat....

1) Never before in the history of the men's 100m has every single finalist gone into the race having already run under 10 seconds. That makes this the STRONGEST field ever. It doesn't matter if it's the past or not, those are the records, and given how much you were in love with Gay for his 9.69 three years ago, they count for something. But what you need to know is that SBs are more important than PBs. What matters to those who know athletics is how fast people are running this season.

Clearly your reading skills are poor...the conditions this year were much better for sprinting at the Jamaica trials in Kingston, at the Trinidad trials in Port of Spain, and at the American trials in Eugene. The conditions were better for sprinting in the last Olympics in 2008 in Beijing, they were better in Berlin and in Daegu at the World Champs in 2009 and 2011 respectively.

All of those meets had better conditions than the conditions in London. That's what makes this race the strongest field and the fastest ever run....
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:At least I have produced something...as usual, you have produced nothing but hot air.
8-)
Two limited articles when you claimed "everyone agrees with you"? , yep BIG DEAL duncy!! :lol: :lol: ,

Bailey is a youngster on the rise, and he's already running faster than Carl Lewis. What you don't understand, Afro, is that the strength of a field is not decided by how many titles you've won, but by how fast you run.
LOL at this prick still stuck with his head in the sand, the bottom line is HE'S DONE NOTHING ALL YEAR, trying to compare him to Lewis is straight RETARDED as sprinting has EVOLVED since then you idiot,

I repeat...

1) Never before in the history of the men's 100m has every single finalist gone into the race having already run under 10 seconds. That makes this the STRONGEST field ever. It doesn't matter if it's the past or not, those are the records, and given how much you were in love with Gay for his 9.69 three years ago, they count for something. But what you need to know is that SBs are more important than PBs. What matters to those who know athletics is how fast people are running this season.
The field is only strong IF THE SPRINTERS ARE AT 100% you fecking dipstic!! :roll: , gosh are you that retarded that you can't comprehend that? it cannot be disputed that many of Bolt and blake's competitors had problems, which is why the field was WEAK,

CONDITIONS, CONDITIONS, CONDITIONS OLD BOY!!, when a totally UNFIT Gay can still run that time it's quite clear that conditions played a big role, but of course your lust for th Jamaican's won't allow you to see clearly,

Clearly your reading skills are poor...the conditions this year were much better for sprinting at the Jamaica trials in Kingston, at the Trinidad trials in Port of Spain, and at the American trials in Eugene. The conditions were better for sprinting in the last Olympics in 2008 in Beijing, they were better in Berlin and in Daegu at the World Champs in 2009 and 2011 respectively.

All of those meets had better conditions than the conditions in London. That's what makes this race the strongest field and the fastest ever run....
BWAHAHAHA RUBBISH!!.. and it merely exposes your biased tendencies!!..london had perfect conditions which is why the race was so fast, take that away and it's just another average race with average times, and LOL at this prick comparing the Jamaica and trinidad local races to the OLYMPIC 100m finals!! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by AFRO on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikesiva

Unread post

You oontinue to chat your shite without any proof whatsoever....it's just an opinion of a dullard!
1) You say that it was a weak race, yet you can't produce any supporting article or quotes from track legends to support your claim.

2) You continue to talk about conditions, while totally ignoring the fact that conditions were worse in London than elsewhere. As I've said before, Keston Bledman of Trinidad ran FASTER in Trinidad than he did in London, because the conditions were better in Port of Spain....

3) With regards to Bailey, who came fifth, can you tell me which fifth place finisher in the history of the sport ran faster than him? The answer is easy...no one ever!

This will give you another idea of the depth of Caribbean sprinting....

Even though Asafa Powell was out injured, Jamaica still broke the world record in the men's sprint relay with a time of 36.84, featuring a team of Bolt, Blake, Michael Frater and Nesta Carter. The American team of Gay, Gatlin, Bailey and Kimmons still ran faster than any time ever (37.04), but still had to settle for second. Trinidad rounded off the medals with a run of 38.12 to get the bronze, showing the outstanding depth there is in sprinting in the region.

That Jamaican relay was the best ever Jamaican relay of all time, and that American relay was the best ever American relay of all time....

Now, I was there in the stadium, and I know that conditions were not good for sprinting that night. For starters, it was not warm enough...

But the Jamaicans and the Americans ran faster than their countrymen have ever run before, and the Trinidadians did damn well too!

I know this burns you, because the modern generation are better than your beloved Tyson Gay. However, the sprinters of the future are going to run even faster...you'll just have to suck it up.
:mrgreen:
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:You oontinue to chat your shite without any proof whatsoever....it's just an opinion of a dullard!
Erm EVERYTHING BEING SAID ON THIS THREAD IS MERELY AN OPINION you fecking pig!!..whether it's my view or the fools from the articles you've quoted IT'S STILL JUST AN OPINION, opinions that does not factor in the unfit shape of Bolt's competition and the coditions of the track they raced on,

1) You say that it was a weak race, yet you can't produce any supporting article or quotes from track legends to support your claim.
Erm no i said it was A WEAK FIELD you dumb prick, please try and read posts PROPERLY,

2) You continue to talk about conditions, while totally ignoring the fact that conditions were worse in London than elsewhere. As I've said before, Keston Bledman of Trinidad ran FASTER in Trinidad than he did in London, because the conditions were better in Port of Spain....
DO YOU HAVE ANY PROOF about the conditions in trinidad considering you're an english skunt? if so step up or SHUT UP!! :?

3) With regards to Bailey, who came fifth, can you tell me which fifth place finisher in the history of the sport ran faster than him? The answer is easy...no one ever!
CONDITIONS!!!....

Even though Asafa Powell was out injured, Jamaica still broke the world record in the men's sprint relay with a time of 36.84, featuring a team of Bolt, Blake, Michael Frater and Nesta Carter. The American team of Gay, Gatlin, Bailey and Kimmons still ran faster than any time ever (37.04), but still had to settle for second. Trinidad rounded off the medals with a run of 38.12 to get the bronze, showing the outstanding depth there is in sprinting in the region.

That Jamaican relay was the best ever Jamaican relay of all time, and that American relay was the best ever American relay of all time....

Now, I was there in the stadium, and I know that conditions were not good for sprinting that night. For starters, it was not warm enough...

But the Jamaicans and the Americans ran faster than their countrymen have ever run before, and the Trinidadians did damn well too!

I know this burns you, because the modern generation are better than your beloved Tyson Gay. However, the sprinters of the future are going to run even faster...you'll just have to suck it up.
zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ STOP BORING ME OLD BOY!!!.. your attempt to try and immerse yourself with caribbean athletics despite the fact that YOU'RE AN ENGLISH SKUNT is rather funny to be honest!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
mikesiva

Unread post

Says the guy who's cheering for Tyson Gay....
FYI, I don't know these stars, but in the past while working for a Jamaican radio station, I interviewed Juliet Cuthbert, Raymond Stewart, and I was the first Jamaican journalist to interview Deon Hemmings when she touched down at Norman Manley International Airport, following her gold medal win in the 400m hurdles at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.
8-)
So, I'm not a Johnny-come-lately fan....

Anyway, good to see you getting an interest in athletics, Afro. Here's a meet you should not miss:

http://www.windiesfans.com/forums/viewt ... 754#p54754" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Lausanne meet is on Thursday evening, and I'm sure it's being carried somewhere in the US. Here in the UK it's being carried on the BBC's interactive service (no surprise then that the UK underachieves in athletics), while in Jamaica it will be on one of their main terrestrial channels, TVJ.

The meet will feature the likes of Usain Bolt in the 200m, along with up-and-coming Jamaican stars Jason Young, Warren Weir and Nickel Ashmeade. In the men's 100m, Yohan Blake will take on Tyson Gay and Justin Gatlin, while Grenada's Kirani James will run in the men's 400m against Trinidadian Lalonde Gordon.

These are athletes who are accustomed to winning, or at least finishing in the top three, and not battling it out for fifth place....
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:Says the guy who's cheering for Tyson Gay....
Can you find the evidence please? :? because if you think that pointing out a FACT that Gay's personal best record is BETTER than your boyfriend Blake's is "cheering" for him then you're more RETARDED than i thought!!,

FYI, I don't know these stars, but in the past while working for a Jamaican radio station, I interviewed Juliet Cuthbert, Raymond Stewart, and I was the first Jamaican journalist to interview Deon Hemmings when she touched down at Norman Manley International Airport, following her gold medal win in the 400m hurdles at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.
8-)
So, I'm not a Johnny-come-lately fan....
No you wasn't the first "Jamaican" to interview anybody mike!!.. you were the FIRST ENGLISH MAN!! :lol: :lol: , also what the feck does what you did when you went on HOLIDAY to jamaica have to do with this debate? :roll:

Anyway, good to see you getting an interest in athletics, Afro. Here's a meet you should not miss:

The Lausanne meet is on Thursday evening, and I'm sure it's being carried somewhere in the US. Here in the UK it's being carried on the BBC's interactive service (no surprise then that the UK underachieves in athletics), while in Jamaica it will be on one of their main terrestrial channels, TVJ.
It's not about "getting interested", i've always been clued up about the sprints just like i am about Football, Cricket, Tennis, Golf, Rugby etc, i'm not a one trick pony old boy!!..i just don't get a bonner over athletes like you thats all!! :lol: :lol: , as for the "meeting" you're talking about, no thanks, if i wanna see anyone i'd rather see them WHEN THEY COME BACK HOME to the region!!..enjoy your lickle UK gathering though!! :mrgreen: .
mikesiva

Unread post

I told you yohan Blake would have gays ticket....
8-)
Blake deatroyed gay at Lausanne.

Blake ran 9.69 while gay ran 9.83.

Blake has now equalled gays PB. He will soon lower it and in the process become the second fastest man ever. Gay will have to settle for being the third fastest man of all time.

When gay clocked 9.69 in 2009 it was barely legal with a plus 2.0 wind. Blake clocked 9.69 running into a minus 0.1 headwind which is far more impressive.
AFRO

Unread post

So now you're expecting an UNFIT Gay who has barely done anything this season to beat the young, fresh Blake despite you saying that Gay was over the hill previously? :? MAKE UP YOUR MIND old boy!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ,

Also EQUALLING a record is NOT BEATING IT, so come back and talk when your boyfriend steps out of Bolt's shadow please!! 8-) .
Last edited by AFRO on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.