Caribbean outdoor season 2014

Pace like fire!
mikesiva

Unread post

'Richard “Torpedo” Thompson produced an absolute sizzler at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain, yesterday. The 29-year-old sprint star established a new national record, bolting to victory in the NGC/Sagicor National Open Track & Field Championship men’s 100 metres final in 9.82 seconds! The clocking was three-hundredths of a second faster than the 9.85 T&T standard established by the Torpedo back in 2011. “I’m thrilled with the performance,” Thompson told the Express. “I didn’t come in chasing any time. The national record was the furthest thing from my mind. I knew I had a quality field to deal with, people like Rondel Sorrillo, Darrel Brown, Keston Bledman, Marc Burns, the usual suspects.” By midpoint in the race, Thompson looked a winner, the Louisiana-based track star motoring to the line ahead of defending champion Bledman, the silver medallist in 10 seconds flat. There was a welcome return to form for Brown, the former world junior champion earning bronze in 10.05. Burns (10.21) and Sorrillo (10.23) finished fourth and fifth, respectively. Thompson's 9.82 run is the fastest time in the world this year. Michelle-Lee Ahye was on fire at the Crawford Stadium, seizing gold in the women’s 100m dash in a fast 10.88 seconds. Ahye darted to the front, and then opened up a huge gap on her rivals, Kai Selvon finishing a distant second in 11.32.'

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/F ... 26541.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikesiva

Unread post

Jamaica Nationals

men's 400m hurdles heats

Answert Whyte 48.69

Women's 400m hurdles

Kaliese Spencer, heat one 54.63 Janieve Russell 56.05 Shevon Stoddart 56.76.

Nickiesha Wilson heat two 55.80 Nikita Tracy, second in 55.94 sister, Ristananna third in 56.04.

men's 100 metres

Powell out due to stomach cramps. Michael Frater is also out with an eye injury.

Kemar Bailey-Cole heat one 9.95 seconds. Odean Skeen 10.12 and Oshane Bailey 10.13.

Nickel Ashmeade heat two 10.12 Kimmai Roache 10.27 and Kenroy Anderson 10.28.

Andrew Fisher heat three 10.09 PB, Nesta Carter 10.12 and Winston Barnes, 10.21.

Julian Forte final heat 10.05 Jason Livermore, 10.24, and Romel Lewis, 10.30.
mikesiva

Unread post

"Campbell Brown, who was cleared of doping charges earlier this year, ran 10.96 seconds (-0.4m/s) to win the women's 100m final, beating Kerron Stewart, who clocked 11.02 seconds, and Schillonie Calvert, third with 11.16 seconds....Kaliese Spencer continued her outstanding season, lowering her world-leading time with a fast 53.41 seconds to win the women's 400m hurdles, dragging former World Junior champion Janieve Russell (54.75 seconds) and Nikita Tracey (55.16 seconds) to personal best times."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/VC ... s_17044322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikesiva

Unread post

"ANDREW Riley scored a big upset win over Olympic bronze medallist and national record holder Hansle Parchment to win the men's 110m hurdles at last night's third day of the JAAA/Supreme ventures National Senior Championships at the National Stadium. Riley ran a season's best 13.27 seconds for his second win over Parchment this season after beating him at an IAAF Diamond League meeting in Oslo earlier."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Ri ... s_17046203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AFRO

Unread post

I see another DRUG CHEAT won in england today old boy!!..Chambers mussa pleased there's NO YOUNG TALENT coming through in your country to rhatid..no wonder you begging caribbean athletes :lol: :lol: :lol: .
mikesiva

Unread post

Caribbean athletes are not bothered by Chambers...he can't challenge them.
8-)
given how crap the West Indies have been I am glad i have diamond league athletics to watch at Lausanne on Thursday.
:lol:
'Dwyer, who earlier this season announced himself with a win at the Jamaica International Invitational, ran a personal best of 20.04 seconds (0.5m/s) to hold off Olympic and World Championships medallist Weir, who looked easy in running 20.17 seconds with Jason Livermore third in 20.25 seconds. While Weir was just going through the motions, he said, "enough to make the team," Dwyer was over the moon with his victory. "I was more confident and more focused this year," he told reporters, and he is hoping to lower his personal best when he gets to Glasgow....McLaughlin ran 22.79 seconds (-0.6m/s) to hold off the ever improving Calvert (22.88 seconds) and Henry-Robinson (23.15 seconds). Gauntlett, who withdrew from the team to the World Championships last year, produced a personal best of 45.00 seconds to hold off Rusheen McDonald (45.25 seconds) and US-based Hugh Graham (45.43 seconds). Gauntlett's time is equal fastest by a Jamaican with Javon Francis, who pulled out of the championships after running the first round on Friday. Novlene Williams-Mills ran a season best of 50.05 seconds to win her eighth women's 400m title, beating what was easily the best field of any final this past weekend. The MVP pair of Christine Day was second in 50.16 seconds and Stephenie-Ann McPherson third in 50.50 seconds.'

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Dw ... l_17051320" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;