Cricket whites: out of fashion for black Britons

Action from the rest of the world....
Gils

Unread post

MarcusGarveyLives wrote:
Gils wrote:For the very same reasons Cricket is declining in the Caribbean.

To address the question directly. More choices lead to more possibilities.!
Is this what you had in mind?

"Unemployment rate for black 16 to 24-year-olds available for work now double that for white counterparts, ONS data shows ..."

Half of UK's young black males are unemployed (March 2012)
When using the term " education" I'm refering to the accumulated certificates which allow the citizen to exchange Labour / expertise. in return for wages.
Mail

Unread post

Gils wrote:I believe you have no issue with my comments but by me agreeing with Mapoui makes you feel surprised. Agreeing with anyone means you share the same view, irrespective of who it is, and felt the view was so outdated and knowing your balanced judgements I was surprised. If you are kind enough to answer the questions I asked, I believe it would aid and further progress the discussion.

? What part of his post surprises you and more in tune with the OP., what reasons can you give for the absence of youths with Caribbean origins both playing and spectating cricket in England, in comparison to say 25 or so years ago. I had played Middlesex County League in London and I did not see a void of players. Where I played it was predominantly White but there was a fair representation. When we played the Bertie Joel or the Beewee we had team of all Black players. As I have said in my latter years I still have a number of Black and Asian players at a Berkshire Club. In London, where I spent most my years, there are many Black players.
Gils

Unread post

Does everything balance out and become even because there are under privileged white Kids too.

I read the newspaper today and saw ms Lawrence meet with the Home Secretary to demand an open enquiry into police covert operations against the Lawrence family, so please don't go there

Steel pan in Lords but no whistle,vuvuzela,conch, horn, percursive instruments etc. The are also steel pan players in Portobello market every Saturday but both you and I know its a agimmick.......for tourists.

TBC
mapoui2

Unread post

Mail.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lawd Protector of the h'inglish/englan' :lol: :lol: :lol:

is not now we dealin' with england/english. is long time. we know dem well even if mail have a problem with reality :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gils

Unread post

I simply intend for my " tribes " integrity and its " natural difference" from other " tribes" to be protected, as should be the case for all tribes.

Observe how " the English way of doing things"consumes all it comes into contact with, all of those Caribbeans you list, conforming to the English standard, the " integration" of Irish, Scottish, Welsh, South Africans etc Into the english team, much the same way it continues its waring/feudal legacies over generations.

Interaction is fine but integration is not the same thing, integrate into what? The British Empire.......because that's how dynastys are replenished.
Last edited by Gils on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gils

Unread post

Double take
Last edited by Gils on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mail

Unread post

Gils wrote:Does everything balance out and become even because there are under privileged white Kids too. Absolutely not.

I read the newspaper today and saw ms Lawrence meet with the Home Secretary to demand an open enquiry into police covert operations against the Lawrence family, so please don't go there You will also know that the tabloids have been heavily penalised for doing same

Steel pan in Lords but no whistle,vuvuzela,conch, horn, percursive instruments etc. The are also steel pan players in Portobello market every Saturday but both you and I know its a agimmick.......for tourists. That is the way it is done at Lords. I did ask you what do the WICB do when teams visit your shores?

TBC
Gils

Unread post

So I conclude you have a problem with everything he stated in his post.

Pick any English institution and we may examine it together to see if his statement has validity or not, you're choice but bear in mind the word racism is English in origin and appears in very few other languages or dictionarys.

BTW although it may or not be a conscious action, you appear intent on dictating the terms of discussion without directly addressing or providing contrary evidence to mapouis assertion.

What questions would you like me to answer
Gils

Unread post

Mail.
Drop dat. :(
The police set up an operation to smear the Lawrence family and the story was revealed by a former police officer. The Sun or Daily Star reporting it won't lessen the implications of said accusation.

Remember the police have already been found guilty of institutional racism and that very term was a product of the investigation into their behaviour. We know the prison system is full, disproportionately, with young black males, Unemployment figures have already been posted add this to failure and exclusion rates from school and were left with.........as I said, you pick the subject.

To the best of my knowledge the WICB allow all previously listed instruments, as a keen West Indian observer I fail to see how that escaped you.

Re balanced posts, balance is relative. Or what sweet you won't always sweet me.
Mail

Unread post

I would like to,if I may, to the initial comments about the entertainment at the Oval.

What do the Windies do for their visitors?