Cricket whites: out of fashion for black Britons

Action from the rest of the world....
Mail

Unread post

Gils wrote:Mail.
Drop dat. :(
The police set up an operation to smear the Lawrence family and the story was revealed by a former police officer. The Sun or Daily Star reporting it won't lessen the implications of said accusation.

Remember the police have already been found guilty of institutional racism and that very term was a product of the investigation into their behaviour. We know the prison system is full, disproportionately, with young black males, Unemployment figures have already been posted add this to failure and exclusion rates from school and were left with.........as I said, you pick the subject.

To the best of my knowledge the WICB allow all previously listed instruments, as a keen West Indian observer I fail to see how that escaped you. kindly elucidate, thank you.

Re balanced posts, balance is relative. Or what sweet you won't always sweet me.
Gils

Unread post

It seems you wish for the conversation to move away from the issue you have contention with or the reasons I have provided you.

To answer you're last question, Vuvuzelas, Horns, Whistles, Conch's, Shakers and brake discs beaten with nails etc but I still find it difficult to believe you are unaware of this.

The WICB, who get cussed out every day on this forum for elitism and exclusivity among other things, arrange home series to coincide with the arrival of tourist season / cruise ships and actively patronise the passengers while locals find the expense prohibitive and advertising locally is almost non existent, as the most recent edition of the T20 competition will bear out.

I take it I've responded to all you're questions so may you allow me to ask you two

.:?: What percentage of MCC board members are of Caribbean origin.

:?: What percentage of players with Caibbean origins are on the MCC playing staff.

These answers, I believe, will lead directly to elitism and exclusivity, manifested as racism.

BTW club cricket has no glass ceiling_
Last edited by Gils on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gils

Unread post

Looking at the English tours schedule to the Caribbean for 2014 you will see the barmy armys travel arrangements, tour base and favored venues have been integral to WICB planning.

Re beefeaters banging beats, none of the participating teams has a history which incorporates beefeaters or brit pop so I figure their presence serves a more jingoistic purpose.

Its quite obvious that other than ticket pricing, West Indian and Pakistani fans were not considered in the event organisers plans.

:?: What do windians do.

Have a party and start " jammin in the park "....and stands and street but I presumed you would know this. You may not agee with the style of delivery or its sender but you really can't fault the content.
howzdat

Unread post

'New Usain Bolt' Zharnel Hughes could represent Team GB in Rio Games
Anguillan teenager eligible to represent Team GB in Rio Olympic Games in 2016 after smashing Yohan Blake's Jamaican schools 100m record
A teenage sprinter who has been hailed as the ‘next Usain Bolt’ after his record-breaking exploits at last week’s Jamaican High School Championships could be competing in a British vest at the 2016 Rio Olympics if UK Athletics gets its wish.
mikesiva

Unread post

howzdat wrote: Talking of which there is Dustin Brown, born in Celle, West Germany, dreadlocked hairstyle, playing @ Wimbledon.
Brown announced in June 2010, that due to a lack of funding and support from the Jamaican Tennis Association, he was tempted to switch nationality, and play professional tennis for Great Britain, his paternal grandparents being British.[4][5][6] However, in October 2010 he decided to compete for Germany, his country of birth, a move confirmed on his official Facebook page. Brown's first event playing under the German flag was Eckental.[7]
Talking of Dustin Brown, I remember him well as a young man. He learnt all his tennis in Montego Bay, as a kid at the same Upper Deck tennis club I used to take my daughter to. Sadly, lack of funding from a minority sport such as tennis is in the Caribbean, Dustin had to switch allegiance to Germany, where his mother is from.

As for Hughes, of course he's from Anguilla, which we all know is a British colony still, to this day. So, as a result, he can run for Britain, in much the same way another world-class long jumper, Shara Proctor, currently wears British colours and collects lottery funding. Hughes, like Delano Williams of Turks and Caicos, another British colony, benefitted from transferring from their local high schools to a Jamaican high school (Kingston College and Munro College respectively), to receive the best sprint coaching on the planet. They are now currently attached to senior track club Track Racers, coached by Glen Mills, who also coaches Bolt, and Mills last year received the coach of the year award from the IAAF. But both Hughes and Williams will be aspiring to compete for Britain and take home lottery funding.

I'm not really against that....

Seeing how England exploited Caribbean sugar and slavery in the 18th century to build up their wealth, I fully back Proctor, Williams and Hughes in their attempts to compete for Britain, and get lottery funding, just to get a fraction of that wealth back, for their ancestors who gave so much unpaid labour to the English economic machine!
:P
howzdat

Unread post

RAOTFLMAO .... do listen but wait for it ... It all makes sense when you look at the Anguillan National Flag.

There I was gonna say how refreshing it would be to hear the Anguillan national anthem sometime, came up with this and when the opening bars sounded familiar i ....

Anyway, yes he qualifies with distinction to run for GB but just for a difference if he win something he should tell them that he want the world to hear the little purpoises frollicking segue till the end bit of the National Anthem and National Song of Anguilla.

Quite a jaunty lil number dont you think?
mikesiva

Unread post

:lol:

God Save The Queen and God Bless Anguilla just don't belong together at all....
:)