Cricket: Who needs a EU when Commonwealth fruits aplenty?!

Action from the rest of the world....
howzdat

Unread post

Well we see that young Keaton Jennings is being touted as the "next cab" to be called to serve from among the growing rank of Her Majesty's not so secret base of proud & qualified servants born in far-flung places where good ole jolly roger types once planted The Majesty's ensign. I wish the lad well and as am fond of opining, "nice wuk if you can get it". Would be interesting to compile a list of non-England born players whose took to the field in whites emblazoned with the famed Three Lions :?:

Talking of which, lions I mean, has anyone read reports of the so-called king of the jungle being seen roving the jungles of good ole Blighty? No. I didm't think so. But as I said/asked: Who needs a EU when Commonwealth fruits aplenty?!
howzdat

Unread post

Full name Keaton Kent Jennings
Born June 19, 1992, Johannesburg, Transvaal
Current age 24 years 170 days
Major teams Durham, Durham 2nd XI, Gauteng, Gauteng Under-19s, South Africa Under-19s
Batting style Left-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm medium-fast
Relation Father - RV Jennings, Uncle - KE Jennings, Brother - D Jennings
First-class 72 Matches, 127 Innings, 8 not outs, 4272 Runs, 221* Highest Score; 35.89 Average
howzdat

Unread post

Since I open this topic somebody send me a telegram saying that England have the same problem that West Indies have! I telex back two words, "How so?". Quick as a flash the smartass replied saying that, "England have so many countries to select players from that they never ever really play with their best eleven :roll: :roll:
Now don't ya'll think that is eye-pass?! Stuuuuppppssss :evil:
Last edited by howzdat on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howzdat

Unread post

England tour of India, 4th Test: India v England at Mumbai, Dec 8-12, 2016

First innings
3.3 UT Yadav to Jennings, no run, dropped, but it was a tough chance! Karun Nair in the gully again. Extra bounce from Umesh, Jennings pushing hard off the back foot, can't keep the ball down, comes high off the bat towards gully who can't take it leaping one-handed to his left
KK Jennings c Pujara b Ashwin 112 219 13 0 51.14
70.4 that's brilliant! Edged to a very deep gully who had just been brought in. Good length at off stump, drew him forward, a thick edge is taken very smartly, low by Pujara. Excellent bowling, smart captaincy. The game changes 230/4
A century on debut; not to be sneezed at! Well done & like I said; Cricket: Who needs a EU when Commonwealth fruits aplenty?!

Second innings
View dismissal KK Jennings lbw b Kumar 0 1 0 0 0.00
0.2 given! Jennings is gone. Does he review? No. So, a hundred and a duck for the debutant. Fantastic stuff from Bhuvneshwar. Brings the ball back in prodigiously on a full length from around the wicket, the ball hoops back in and beats Jennings on the inside edge. Struck him on the front pad in front of middle, then ricocheted away to the back pad. Jennings had a chat with Cook. Jennings seemed to say no bat, and Cook sent him on his way. Beaten by swing, not something we have seen too much in this series. Struck him on the kneeroll, two reds and one umpire's call on HawkEye. At least, it was a good non-review. 1/1
Lucky, lucky could have had a double-duck in this match :mrgreen: :mrgreen: