Haseeb Hameed aka Hasham (England Opening Batsman)

Action from the rest of the world....
howzdat

Unread post

Proverbially speaking, I do apologise (actually not really :D ) for unfurling my keyboard and executing this first of many free-flowing straight posts back past the bowler sending the ball crashing into the boundary, all in acknowledgement of this young man who has created quite a stir in this his first Test series representing England against India.

Unfortunately he returns home to receive treatment for a hand injury picked up in the third Test, but not before commentators, pundits, fans and the like have all been fulsome in their praise of what they have seen of him thus far at the Highest level of the game. One old-timer, whose opinions make my ears prick up, namely Geoffrey Boycott OBE was heard say that Haseeb will do alright, Not that Boycs was short of words - as if ever :) - but it was the great man's way of saying that not only was he pleased with what he had seen of the young lad thus far; but that all things being equal he expected young Hameed to give good account for himself in this 'game of Lords'. Time alone will tell.

As for yours truly, I just wanted to get off the mark (so to speak) by christening the young man as 'Hasham' which dareisay is a rather English sounding moniker don't you think :D :D :?: :?: I can just imagine him walking across the outfield making his way to the wicket to as the gathered spectators arise, put their hands together and suddenly a lone voice cuts across the noise of palm hitting palm and shouts "Go on Hasham;
give us a ton, mate"

Yes folks, the imaginary village is named Hasham in honour of the young man who has already started to realise his dreams. Haseeb Hameed aka Hasham (England Opening Batsman) making his imaginary debut on December 6, 2016, @ http://www.windiesfans.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; by howzdat, cricket fan, keyboard warrior & :geek: :geek: :geek: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Regards

@howzdat
Barryfal

Unread post

I had forgotten about Roys tendency to give his wicket away. Still, he has given England a fantastic start.
Grantbop

Unread post

Good stuff Arthur. I think the period 06-09 is the most telling and I must confess your analysis brings into focus Pietersens contribution to England in a way I hadnt properly seen before.