Australia and West Indies go head-to-head in hunt for Women’s World Cup glory

Women's Cricket Forum
mikesiva

Unread post

howzdat wrote:hahahahahaha. Nice one mikesiva. I am in observation mode with regards to the comments you make. Each according to his circumstances, however imho a WI supporting cricket lover can't stand quietly on the sidelines and witness some of the garbage during the men's games and yet still hold on to 'if only' and get carried away whenever one of them 'decides to turn-up'.

btw looks like we got a few agent provocateur's posting :D :D :D :D

Australia 162/3
:lol: :lol:
I totally respect your anger at Gayle's inconsistencies, and they are totally justified...he's stretching the patience of fans like me too. I totally agree with your comments about Pollard's inconsistencies as well, and share the anger when our players come to the party when a series is lost.
:x
There's only one thing that impresses me, and that's good averages, and the only players in our team who have that right now are Shiv and Roach...none of the others could hold a candle to the teams of the good old days. I'm fed up with promising youngsters who can't even make runs at the domestic level, and I certainly won't laud achievements against teams ranked below us, when I used to attend matches in the days when the men of Lloyd and Richards beat everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY!

Those were the days when we EXPECTED to win the final...but now, when we reach the final, we are the underdogs, as these girls are today. And it's looking like it might be rightly so, at this rate. 170-3 after 34 overs, and Cameron is motoring towards a ton....
howzdat

Unread post

howzdat wrote:Wicket! 116/2.
Wicket! 126/3 and a feline wine :P to celebrate.
I wonder how much WI would back themselves to chase down? 180-210?
Think i'm gonna have to revise that upwards to 210 - 250. A lot of runs.
howzdat

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:
howzdat wrote:hahahahahaha. Nice one mikesiva. I am in observation mode with regards to the comments you make. Each according to his circumstances, however imho a WI supporting cricket lover can't stand quietly on the sidelines and witness some of the garbage during the men's games and yet still hold on to 'if only' and get carried away whenever one of them 'decides to turn-up'.

btw looks like we got a few agent provocateur's posting :D :D :D :D

Australia 162/3
:lol: :lol:
I totally respect your anger at Gayle's inconsistencies, and they are totally justified...he's stretching the patience of fans like me too. I totally agree with your comments about Pollard's inconsistencies as well, and share the anger when our players come to the party when a series is lost.
:x
There's only one thing that impresses me, and that's good averages, and the only players in our team who have that right now are Shiv and Roach...none of the others could hold a candle to the teams of the good old days. I'm fed up with promising youngsters who can't even make runs at the domestic level, and I certainly won't laud achievements against teams ranked below us, when I used to attend matches in the days when the men of Lloyd and Richards beat everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY!

Those were the days when we EXPECTED to win the final...but now, when we reach the final, we are the underdogs, as these girls are today. And it's looking like it might be rightly so, at this rate. 170-3 after 34 overs, and Cameron is motoring towards a ton....
Ah lovelt. That from you which I coloured in red has been one of the major improvements I have noticed in my own appreciation for the game. That, together with having a close eye on the evidently critical influence of the 30/40 'rule' that Rev brought to 'my' attention.

Cricket is a game of numbers and if you can't put adequate ones on the board on both sides of the ball then sadly your team is gonna lose more often than not against opposition who are able to.
mikesiva

Unread post

howzdat wrote:
howzdat wrote:Wicket! 116/2.
Wicket! 126/3 and a feline wine :P to celebrate.
I wonder how much WI would back themselves to chase down? 180-210?
Think i'm gonna have to revise that upwards to 210 - 250. A lot of runs.
Yes!!!! Daley gets Cameron for 75....

Now Quintyne gets Sthalekar for 12...187-5.

And another wicket for Quintyne! 190-6 now....
howzdat

Unread post

43.2 Mohammed to Osborne, OUT
EA Osborne c Quintyne b Mohammed 7 (12b 0x4 0x6) SR: 58.33
209/7
mikesiva

Unread post

Anisa Mohammed gets a wicket now...209-7!
howzdat

Unread post

Australia 259/7. WIW need 260 to win. About 40 more than I would back them with all my money to get. Looking forward to the reply. Go Windies!
mikesiva

Unread post

howzdat wrote:Australia 259/7. WIW need 260 to win. About 40 more than I would back them with all my money to get. Looking forward to the reply. Go Windies!
Target is 260...this could be difficult.
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote: There's only one thing that impresses me, and that's good averages, and the only players in our team who have that right now are Shiv and Roach...none of the others could hold a candle to the teams of the good old days. I'm fed up with promising youngsters who can't even make runs at the domestic level, and I certainly won't laud achievements against teams ranked below us, when I used to attend matches in the days when the men of Lloyd and Richards beat everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY!
So Darren Bravo's 46 average is not impressive? :roll: the fact is averages only tell half the story, Kirk averaged 50 when he went to England, and his Fc average was good too, then look what happened? i'd rather have a yute who averaged 39 but has good technical abilities than a one dimensional regional bully who has a good Fc average, because in the long run the youngsters is likely to survive better at the top level, you only have to compare Powell and Devon Smith for proof.
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:
howzdat wrote:Australia 259/7. WIW need 260 to win. About 40 more than I would back them with all my money to get. Looking forward to the reply. Go Windies!
Target is 260...this could be difficult.
Di gyals dem are just like the men, get into a good position then chuck it away within a few overs!! :roll: , anyway i decided i wouldn't bother watching this because i could kind of see what was coming, especially after they lost the toss and had to bat second, the fact is the whole of the batting relies on Taylor and Dottin, whereas in the mens final if Gayle and Pollard failed we still had Samuels, Sammy, Russell etc, the only other decent batter is the captain, and she's just a poke around for one's and two's kind of girl,

The twins can chip in and if it's tight towards the end Mohammed is capable of bringing it home, but in all honesty i'd be surprised if they reach 230, this Australian attack is no joke, If Taylor bats through to around 35-40 overs we can win, but if she goes early then you might aswell turn off, it's done.